#101 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:10 PM

http://sportsillustr...1661/index.html

PJ, GOAT coach, picking Howard as the player he would build around. 

If you can't even run an offense through a player, which we tried and failed with Bynum, then how is he dominant. Please explain that. Every dominant player has had an offense run through them and has gotten some success. Orlando ran an offense through Dwight....got them to the finals.

"Howard is the best center because he is a healthy, physical specimen who runs the floor like a gazelle."

You said this. That is dominance alone. Physical dominance which Bynum doesnt have. Bynum cant even play 38 to 40 mins a game in a full season, let alone being great on both ends. Howard can and has.

See my above response for most of what you said....same thing you are not understanding what I am saying, or what Doc River was saying, or what Shaq was saying...

Physical dominance can take many forms.  Bynum has a much more imposing body in the post than Howard, his height, his weight are both greater than Howard.  Bynum can bully in the post better than Howard.  He has more dominating moves than Howard.  When people say the word dominating it has to have a context.  If you want to say Howard is dominant defensively...sure.  But no one talks about center dominance in that context.  When people talk of dominance, they talk of Shaq, of Wilt.

#102 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Sigh.... 

no one is saying you should take Bynum over Howard to build a team around.  Bynum is injury prone and has a bum immature attitude. Howard has a hard work ethic, great attitude, incredible physicality, and crazy defensive acumen.  You obviously take Howard.  

What I was saying is that Howard is not a dominating big man.  He is an imposing defensive force.  Look at the Sloan Conf and their "Dwight Effect"...obviously he is imposing and better center than Bynum, just not as dominating as Bynum.  My point is that dominating is within a context and has its own implications.  Shaq said he was most dominant, but that Duncan was better. That is what I am saying as well.

How is he more dominant if you can't even run an offense through him?

I mean Dwight didn't break the record for most free throws, record held by one of the most dominating players Wilt or anything......its not dominant or anything. :whistle:

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#103 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Sigh.... 

no one is saying you should take Bynum over Howard to build a team around.  Bynum is injury prone and has a bum immature attitude. Howard has a hard work ethic, great attitude, incredible physicality, and crazy defensive acumen.  You obviously take Howard.  

What I was saying is that Howard is not a dominating big man.  He is an imposing defensive force.  Look at the Sloan Conf and their "Dwight Effect"...obviously he is imposing and better center than Bynum, just not as dominating as Bynum.  My point is that dominating is within a context and has its own implications.  Shaq said he was most dominant, but that Duncan was better. That is what I am saying as well.

Well, I disagree about Dwight being dominant too. Dwight been better than Bynum every single season, including last year. Not only has Dwight been statistically better every year, but his defense just makes it a non-comparison.

Bynum got shut down once teams figured him out last season. Javale McGee outplayed him in important games during their series, and Perkins just completely shut him down when the Lakers faced OKC.

Posted Image

#104 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:13 PM

Are we really associating Bynum with the word dominant?

C'mon guys seriously....

#105 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:14 PM

See my above response for most of what you said....same thing you are not understanding what I am saying, or what Doc River was saying, or what Shaq was saying...

Physical dominance can take many forms.  Bynum has a much more imposing body in the post than Howard, his height, his weight are both greater than Howard.  Bynum can bully in the post better than Howard.  He has more dominating moves than Howard.  When people say the word dominating it has to have a context.  If you want to say Howard is dominant defensively...sure.  But no one talks about center dominance in that context.  When people talk of dominance, they talk of Shaq, of Wilt.

So you just admitted he is dominant.....lol 

Edited by LakeShow805, March 18, 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#106 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Bynum, i think without all the injuries and immaturity can be more closer to Shaq in terms of dominance. bu the hell are we talkin about him.. he can't even play bowling right now..

As for Dwight, he's closer to Ben Wallace than Shaq.

Posted Image

#107 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Dwight is dominant and amazing; and Shaq (most dominant player of all time) never criticizes Dwight's dominance; and Doc has always said Dwight is the most dominant center; congrats guys, Dwight is super dominant and will lead us to multiple championships in the next 10 years.

Bored, moving on, not even worth the time and effort at this point. 

#108 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,894 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:18 PM

Dwight is dominant and amazing; and Shaq (most dominant player of all time) never criticizes Dwight's dominance; and Doc has always said Dwight is the most dominant center; congrats guys, Dwight is super dominant and will lead us to multiple championships in the next 10 years.

Bored, moving on, not even worth the time and effort at this point. 

:cool2:

#109 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Bynum, i think without all the injuries and immaturity can be more closer to Shaq in terms of dominance. bu the hell are we talkin about him.. he can't even play bowling right now..

As for Dwight, he's closer to Ben Wallace than Shaq.

Ben Wallace never averaged more than 9 points a game.

Dwight has never averaged less than 12 points a game, which was his rookie season.

#110 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Shaq was asked who's the best center today and he said Brook Lopez.. i have no links, but i think it's somewhere out on youtube.. or maybe that was chuck they we're askin...

Posted Image

#111 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:22 PM

One little last nugget for all the...brilliant basketball minds on this forum...

Kobe purposefully attempted to run an offense thru Bynum and knew what he was capable of in terms of DOMINANCE.  Kobe will NEVER run an offense thru Howard. Why do you think Kobe wants Pau so badly...he knows the limitations of Dwight and how Dwight is relegated when it comes to dominating like Shaq did.  

But guys, listen, we all know better than: Kobe, Doc Rivers, and Shaq.

#112 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:27 PM

One little last nugget for all the...brilliant basketball minds on this forum...

Kobe purposefully attempted to run an offense thru Bynum and knew what he was capable of in terms of DOMINANCE. Kobe will NEVER run an offense thru Howard. Why do you think Kobe wants Pau so badly...he knows the limitations of Dwight and how Dwight is relegated when it comes to dominating like Shaq did.

If you're going to be emotionally distraught over people not agreeing with you, a discussion board might not be for you.

#113 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Why do you keep using this logic? I don't think you think you know more about basketball than every expert who favors Dwight.

Edited by Japago, March 18, 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Posted Image

#114 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Ben Wallace never averaged more than 9 points a game.

Dwight has never averaged less than 12 points a game, which was his rookie season.

what i said was dwight IS CLOSER to ben wallace.. not dwight is ben wallace. 

In between Shaq and BenWallace, Dwight is right around the middle but more similar to ben wallace than to shaq...

Posted Image

#115 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:32 PM

If you're going to be emotionally distraught over people not agreeing with you, a discussion board might not be for you.

If emotional distress is sitting back in my chair and getting a couple chuckles out before I get ready for bed, then yes, I must be very distraught.  :naughty:

#116 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:34 PM

If emotional distress is sitting back in my chair and getting a couple chuckles out before I get ready for bed, then yes, I must be very distraught. :naughty:

If by chuckles you mean getting irritated, I could tell you were getting a couple chuckles.

#117 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:35 PM

what i said was dwight IS CLOSER to ben wallace.. not dwight is ben wallace. 

In between Shaq and BenWallace, Dwight is right around the middle but more similar to ben wallace than to shaq...

You will have your words twisted...don't even waste your time.  In fact, a better use of your time would be researching the following equities: BAC, DIS, ETN, BRK.B, GS 

#118 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:36 PM

If you're going to say Dwight is like Ben Wallace then I can only agree with you on the free throw shooting.

Don't get me wrong Ben was a solid defender but Dwight changes the game with both his defensive presence, athleticism, and ability to alter shots.

If there's really one player to compare Dwight too, I'd probably say he's more like David Robinson, just not nearly as offensively gifted.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#119 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:38 PM

You will have your words twisted...don't even waste your time. In fact, a better use of your time would be researching the following equities: BAC, DIS, ETN, BRK.B, GS

Just like you're doing to members here by twisting their words? Don't be a hypocrite.

#120 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:39 PM

If emotional distress is sitting back in my chair and getting a couple chuckles out before I get ready for bed, then yes, I must be very distraught. :naughty:

Lol this guy. I think we are all still waiting to hear those 'many' coaches. I want to hear their names. If you deflect, then we all know you were talking out of your ass to begin with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users