Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:08 PM

I mean using one game to support your argument is pretty logical :smh:

#82 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,230 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:11 PM

6-18 with 4 TO's and played [expletive] on defense. He better get his [expletive] together

#83 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:14 PM

I mean using one game to support your argument is pretty logical :smh:

dude if you followed the season this is not the only game that he's been like this.. lolz.. this game is just 1 of the example.

Posted Image

#84 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:17 PM

dude if you followed the season this is not the only game that he's been like this.. lolz.. this game is just 1 of the example.

Bad game...mostly due to fatigue. MD doesn't know how to coach.

#85 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:27 PM

I thought he would dominate both ends tonight tbh, but Jermaine O'Neal and Luis Scola played him superb tonight and virtually shut him down.

#86 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:28 PM

This is not the first time Howard has played like this (even when healthy).  I think dominant is the wrong word to describe Dwight.  Imposing yes, dominant absolutely not.  Many NBA coaches have said that the most dominant big man is Bynum and that Bynum forces more adjustments than Howard does.  Unfortunately for the NBA, when Bynum is hurt there really is no dominant big man.  Greg Oden would have probably been that if he didnt have glass legs.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 18, 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#87 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:33 PM

This is not the first time Howard has played like this (even when healthy).  I think dominant is the wrong word to describe Dwight.  Imposing yes, dominant absolutely not.  Many NBA coaches have said that the most dominant big man is Bynum and that Bynum forces more adjustments than Howard does.  Unfortunately for the NBA, when Bynum is hurt there really is no dominant big man.  Greg Oden would have probably been that if he didnt have glass legs.

Nope thats not true

Bring quotes of  these "many coaches" you speak of.

Oh and being one of the best defensive big man in nba history is not dominant I guess.....lol

Edited by LakeShow805, March 18, 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#88 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Nope thats not true

Bring quotes of  these "many coaches" you speak of.

Oh and being one of the best defensive big man in nba history is not dominant I guess.....lol

Doc Rivers told Doug Collins at a lunch meeting last summer that the only center he worries about going up against is Andrew Bynum.  Go look for yourself if you want to be educated.  My job is not to spend time educating this forum.  

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 18, 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#89 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:47 PM

Doc Rivers told Doug Collins at a lunch meeting last summer that the only center he worries about going up against is Andrew Bynum.  Go look for yourself if you want to be educated.  My job is not to spend time educating this forum.  

So 1 coach = many coaches now. Makes perfect sense.

No...you're job is to just spread lies lol

Edited by LakeShow805, March 18, 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#90 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:48 PM

You said "many coaches". I don't remember "many coaches" saying it. One isn't "many."

Almost every GM would take Dwight Howard over Andrew Bynum even before Bynum's injury issues were revealed. I'll back it up with a link and a quote:

http://www.nba.com/n...rvey/index.html

Who is the best center in the NBA?

1. Dwight Howard, L.A. Lakers -- 93.3%
2. Andrew Bynum, Philadelphia -- 6.7%

Posted Image

#91 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,300 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Doc Rivers told Doug Collins at a lunch meeting last summer that the only center he worries about going up against is Andrew Bynum. Go look for yourself if you want to be educated. My job is not to spend time educating this forum.

Then don't say 'many' if you're not prepared to support it, because I find it hard to believe as well.

#92 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:49 PM

So 1 coach = many coaches now. Makes perfect sense.

So a top 2 coach in the NBA says something and some random forum member doesn't listen even after admitting to being uneducated. Makes perfect sense.

#93 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:50 PM

I never said Howard is not the best center in the NBA...jesus christ keep your day jobs bagging groceries.  Reading comprehension is not required there.

Howard is the best center because he is a healthy, physical specimen who runs the floor like a gazelle. And he tries more often than Bynum does, and he does not have an attitude problem like Bynum.  That is why NBA coaches and anyone with common sense would take Dwight.  If we are talking about dominance, Bynum is dominant - Howard is not. Dominance =/= best.  Shaq said he was the most dominant player ever, but that Tim Duncan was the better.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 18, 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#94 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:51 PM

I never said Howard is not the best center in the NBA...jesus christ keep your day jobs bagging groceries.  Reading is not required there.

But you're quote implies that many people around the league would take Bynum over Dwight. I've seen one quote from one person saying that.

Posted Image

#95 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,300 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:51 PM

I never said Howard is not the best center in the NBA...jesus christ keep your day jobs bagging groceries. Reading is not required there.

Stop being so damn sensitive.

Just name the coaches.

#96 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:54 PM

So a top 2 coach in the NBA says something and some random forum member doesn't listen even after admitting to being uneducated. Makes perfect sense.

I mean it sounds like you are the one that is uneducated because you think many equals one.

Just because "a top 2 coach" says something does not make it true. Numbers, film, multiple analyst,etc say otherwise.

Howard has led his team to the finals.

Bynum has led his team.....wait he is too busy bowling

Edited by LakeShow805, March 18, 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#97 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Stop getting so hung up and trying to argue semantics. Argue the point. Dominant=/=best. HOF coach thinks Bynum is most dominant big man.

I am still waiting for you to refute Doc Rivers (arguably right there with Pop as best coach in the NBA)...

If Doc Rivers is a better coach than 99% of NBA coaches, then his word should be taken with more credence than any other, including your own.  

MFW people on Lakersnation.com think they know better than a champion NBA coach...https://encrypted-tb...TvL2oejiQKz0SDR

MFW people on Lakersnation.com think that dominant=best.  https://encrypted-tb...220NrQMNVfjPWjA

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 18, 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#98 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Many respected basketball figures have opinions of all ranges. Doc Rivers takes Bynum over Dwight, but almost everybody else would take Dwight Howard over Bynum. It doesn't mean I don't respect his opinion, I just disagree with it.

Do Bynum fans know more about basketball personnel than 93.3% of NBA GMs?

Phil Jackson would probably take Dwight over Bynum too. When he was asked who he would pick if he could build a team around anybody in the league, he picked Dwight Howard.

Edited by Japago, March 18, 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

#99 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Stop getting so hung up and trying to argue semantics. Argue the point. Dominant=/=best. HOF coach thinks Bynum is most dominant big man.

I am still waiting for you to refute Doc Rivers (arguably right there with Pop as best coach in the NBA)...

If Doc Rivers is a better coach than 99% of NBA coaches, then his word should be taken with more credence than any other, including your own.  

MFW people on Lakersnation.com think they know better than a champion NBA coach...https://encrypted-tb...TvL2oejiQKz0SDR

MFW people on Lakersnation.com think that dominant=best.  https://encrypted-tb...220NrQMNVfjPWjA

http://sportsillustr...1661/index.html

PJ, GOAT coach, picking Howard as the player he would build around. 

If you can't even run an offense through a player, which we tried and failed with Bynum, then how is he dominant. Please explain that. Every dominant player has had an offense run through them and has gotten some success. Orlando ran an offense through Dwight....got them to the finals.

"Howard is the best center because he is a healthy, physical specimen who runs the floor like a gazelle."

You said this. That is dominance alone. Physical dominance which Bynum doesnt have. Bynum cant even play 38 to 40 mins a game in a full season, let alone being great on both ends. Howard can and has.

Edited by LakeShow805, March 18, 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#100 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Many respected basketball figures have opinions of all ranges. Doc Rivers takes Bynum over Dwight, but almost everybody else would take Dwight Howard over Bynum. It doesn't mean I don't respect his opinion, I just disagree with it.

Do Bynum fans know more about basketball personnel than 93.3% of NBA GMs?

Phil Jackson would probably take Dwight over Bynum too. When he was asked who he would pick if he could build a team around anybody in the league, he picked Dwight Howard.

Sigh.... 

no one is saying you should take Bynum over Howard to build a team around.  Bynum is injury prone and has a bum immature attitude. Howard has a hard work ethic, great attitude, incredible physicality, and crazy defensive acumen.  You obviously take Howard.  

What I was saying is that Howard is not a dominating big man.  He is an imposing defensive force.  Look at the Sloan Conf and their "Dwight Effect"...obviously he is imposing and better center than Bynum, just not as dominating as Bynum.  My point is that dominating is within a context and has its own implications.  Shaq said he was most dominant, but that Duncan was better. That is what I am saying as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users