#61 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 03:41 PM

I never miss a game

Which move of his is unstoppable?? His spin to the baseline? His running hook shot that when he releases hes pass the basket? Him dribbling 4-5 times to wait for the DT, but doesn't pass anyway and gets fouled?? And I'm talking about when we play the weak teams

I'm seeing Gs and SFs block his shots

If he was a threat it was because he could jump higher, but that was in the past. Lobs are not enough of a threat to call him a threat. Needs to develop footwork, drop steps and head fakes. If he were a 75 % FT shooter things would be different

Look, the number of post moves you have isn't a metric of how good a center is offensively. Dwight might have 2-3 less post moves than some other centers but he makes up for that in other ways, such as his mobility and skill in the PnR. Again, there have been multiple posts refuting this point already which you've ignored. There's a reason he's one of few players to average 15+ ppg and over 50% FG, why he's 3rd in the league in FTA/game, or why Golden State and Orlando couldn't defend him and instead sent him to shoot an NBA record 39 freethrows, more than Wilt Chamberlain.

As per the passing, if you want to talk about 4-5 dribbles and turning the ball over, Bynum, a center you probably think is better offensively than D12, did that way more and as a result we couldn't run the 4 out 1 in offense through him last year, the SAME offense, by the way, which Orlando ran very well through, guess who? Dwight Howard. 

The reason our offense doesn't always result in good post ups for Howard is because MDA doesn't know how to properly post up players (since he doesn't believe in it anyways) and so we have piss poor spacing. Teams would gladly leave Artest open from 3 to go and double Howard one pass away, and we either have a turnover or a bricked shot and long rebound leading to transition points for the other team. Take your pick.

Edited by bfc1125roy, March 18, 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#62 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:07 PM

lets face it, D12 is a taller Ben Wallace with better post game...
Posted Image

#63 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:08 PM

and a slightly better ft %.....
Posted Image

#64 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Dwight howard is a dominant center when fully healthy. Period.

#65 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,542 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:38 PM

I never miss a game

Which move of his is unstoppable?? His spin to the baseline? His running hook shot that when he releases hes pass the basket? Him dribbling 4-5 times to wait for the DT, but doesn't pass anyway and gets fouled?? And I'm talking about when we play the weak teams

I'm seeing Gs and SFs block his shots

If he was a threat it was because he could jump higher, but that was in the past. Lobs are not enough of a threat to call him a threat. Needs to develop footwork, drop steps and head fakes. If he were a 75 % FT shooter things would be different

Yea you just say the same things all the DH haters say that have been refuted but you ignore it.

#66 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah cause Ben Wallace was so feared in the post that he constantly drew double teams and was fouled whenever he touched the ball if he was single coveraged.

Gosh that that comment was so freaking .. Gah!!!

Edited by Majesty, March 18, 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#67 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,298 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:44 PM

Siding with Majesty on this sentiment.

Dwight Howard is much more than Ben Wallace ever was.

#68 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:45 PM

Ban em

To Live and Die in L.A

#69 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 05:16 PM

not-sure-if-troll-or-actually-believes-t

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#70 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,219 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 05:33 PM

How ridiculous

Kobe is basically a taller wade with a better jump shot

You see the ridiculous nature of that argument
Posted Image

#71 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm a smaller Kobe Bryant without the jump shot, footwork, and essentially every other skill needed to be an NBA player. 

#72 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 05:54 PM

the point is, he will never be as dominant offensively if he continues to play like this.

I love the lakers, i love dwight , ban me all you want if that's what you had to do...

im just being realistic here..

yeah, dwight is dominant defensively.. but i don't see the kind of dominance that Shaq had,or hakeem, or kareem, or duncan in his prime at this point of D12's career. I think he needs to stop smiling and clowning around and better put his battlegear on if you know what i mean...

what sets these guys i mentioned apart from D12 is that they can all be dominant primary scorers aside from being capable defensively. period.

Posted Image

#73 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 05:59 PM

the point is, he will never be as dominant offensively if he continues to play like this.

I love the lakers, i love dwight , ban me all you want if that's what you had to do...

im just being realistic here..

yeah, dwight is dominant defensively.. but i don't see the kind of dominance that Shaq had,or hakeem, or kareem, or duncan in his prime at this point of D12's career. I think he needs to stop smiling and clowning around and better put his battlegear on if you know what i mean...

what sets these guys i mentioned apart from D12 is that they can all be dominant primary scorers aside from being capable defensively. period.

And the problem is that you with many others keep comparing Dwight Howard to Shaquille O'Neal and other ALL TIME GREATS. 

Dwight Howard isn't that player right now offensively and may never be that type of player, as will no other center in the NBA right now.  

The days of dominant all-around centers are gone.

The sooner many of you figure that out, the better.  As i've already said in this thread, we don't need Dwight to be offensively dominant right now, we need to him to dominant defensively and very good offensively.  In a couple years when Kobe retires, then we can address it if Dwight hasn't improved. 

#74 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,219 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:01 PM

When did dominance become one sided. Bill Russell has what 8 rings as a player to wilts 2

Since when is being dominant defensively as opposed to offensively a bad thing or a slight

Shaq was one of a kind offensively and yet horrific defensively outside of standing under the basket and changing shots

You can be a franchise player as a defensive player.
Posted Image

#75 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:28 PM

And the problem is that you with many others keep comparing Dwight Howard to Shaquille O'Neal and other ALL TIME GREATS. 

Dwight Howard isn't that player right now offensively and may never be that type of player, as will no other center in the NBA right now.  

The days of dominant all-around centers are gone.

The sooner many of you figure that out, the better.  As i've already said in this thread, we don't need Dwight to be offensively dominant right now, we need to him to dominant defensively and very good offensively.  In a couple years when Kobe retires, then we can address it if Dwight hasn't improved. 

exactly mr.moderator!!! that is what I am trying to point out when I said "D12 is a taller Ben Wallace with better post game"...

Posted Image

#76 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:44 PM

exactly mr.moderator!!! that is what I am trying to point out when I said "D12 is a taller Ben Wallace with better post game"...

That's taking it to the extreme. 

#77 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:03 PM

yeah i'm guilty of being a bit sarcastic there...

Posted Image

#78 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Look, the number of post moves you have isn't a metric of how good a center is offensively. Dwight might have 2-3 less post moves than some other centers but he makes up for that in other ways, such as his mobility and skill in the PnR. Again, there have been multiple posts refuting this point already which you've ignored. There's a reason he's one of few players to average 15+ ppg and over 50% FG, why he's 3rd in the league in FTA/game, or why Golden State and Orlando couldn't defend him and instead sent him to shoot an NBA record 39 freethrows, more than Wilt Chamberlain.

As per the passing, if you want to talk about 4-5 dribbles and turning the ball over, Bynum, a center you probably think is better offensively than D12, did that way more and as a result we couldn't run the 4 out 1 in offense through him last year, the SAME offense, by the way, which Orlando ran very well through, guess who? Dwight Howard. 

The reason our offense doesn't always result in good post ups for Howard is because MDA doesn't know how to properly post up players (since he doesn't believe in it anyways) and so we have piss poor spacing. Teams would gladly leave Artest open from 3 to go and double Howard one pass away, and we either have a turnover or a bricked shot and long rebound leading to transition points for the other team. Take your pick.

You Watching the game tonight??

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#79 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:06 PM

the answer to this question: watch the game today vs phoenix

Posted Image

#80 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:08 PM

I think topic has a lot more discussion than people think... *looks at Suns game*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users