#261 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,044 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 28, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hibbert is simply more effective than D12 in Indy's system.

Indiana has no reliable 3 pt shooter. So they need to play inside - in.

Hibbert is superior on the offense than D12. Plus he can shoot FTs.

With D12 - you need good / very good reliable 3 pt shooters - so than he can pass the ball out early.

Indy will score 60 if they rely on George Hill and Stevenson's 3 pt shooting.

On defense D12 will probably be better. But Hibbert is a competent blocker .. Plus He is way bigger.

And that extra height gives Indy a matchup advantage over Miami.  D12's athleticism makes up for it.

But in Indy's system Hibbert is a better fit.

Hibbert who averages 8/8 in the playoffs until they took advantage of the Heat's lack of size which has been a problem all season is suddenly is superior on offense than Dwight Howard....?  

I think we're done here.

Edited by Majesty, May 28, 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#262 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,739 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 28, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hibbert who averages 8/8 in the playoffs until they took advantage of the Heat's lack of size which has been a problem all season is suddenly is superior on offense than Dwight Howard....?  

I think we're done here.

I thought we were talking the Miami Series specifically (2-1, 3-1 scores being suggested )

Hibbert's stats on offense are quite good (<30 mins 12 PPG 70+% FT)

To be fair "Superior on offense than Dwight Howard" is not exactly saying much

#263 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 28, 2013 - 08:16 PM

lol Howard > Hibbert... in all aspects of the game... except ft% but that wouldn't matter cause d12 = more fouls. it won't be the same situation as the lakers.

Edited by Ham, May 28, 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#264 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 11:50 PM

ok, anyone who says hibbert, marc gasol, andrew bynum, andrew bogut and whoever else you can think of are better than howard gets their basketball knowledge card revoked. there is no statistical or film basis for these statements. its just ass talk

Posted Image

#265 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 12:01 AM

ok, anyone who says hibbert, marc gasol, andrew bynum, andrew bogut and whoever else you can think of are better than howard gets their basketball knowledge card revoked. there is no statistical or film basis for these statements. its just ass talk

Film will show that Bynum and Gasol are both far more superior than Dwight on the offensive end

Posted Image

#266 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,044 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 12:25 AM

Film will show that Bynum and Gasol are both far more superior than Dwight on the offensive end

Thats why they are constantly double and triple teamed in the post just like Dwight...

HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

#267 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Thats why they are constantly double and triple teamed in the post just like Dwight...

HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

Dwights offensive game is based purely off of his athleticism, Bynums finesse as well as power in his game. Dwights dominate but has no moves.

Posted Image

#268 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 29, 2013 - 03:01 AM

Problem is, Bynum proved to us that he couldn't be a primary scoring option once Kobe fell to injury during his one good, all-star season. If we're going to consider Bynum a great player for one season since 2005, we might as well look at the few times he played as a primary option.  He was absolutely dreadful against double teams, a true black hole who continued to get caught up trying to make his move to the rim.

LeBron is dominance (and mostly because of his athleticism), and Carmelo is the complete scorer.  Carmelo can score in more ways than LeBron, but LeBron is more efficient.  Having a broader skillset doesn't exactly make you the best choice out there...because in any situation, I would take James over Anthony.

Let's not get carried away with the mention of post moves, though, because again, none of these guys are Hakeem.  Bynum has (maybe "had" is a better word) three total effective post moves...just as Shaq did...two that are the same, only in opposite directions.  The other being the baby hook.  Dwight really has one, and then a basic drop step that gets him a dunk.  Big deal.

When both are on the court, though, Howard is tougher to defend...and that's all that matters.  Ask Indiana who they would rather play...Carmelo, who they beat in the second round just by letting him shoot his team out of games, or LeBron.

#269 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,044 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 03:06 AM

Problem is, Bynum proved to us that he couldn't be a primary scoring option once Kobe fell to injury during his one good, all-star season. If we're going to consider Bynum a great player for one season since 2005, we might as well look at the few times he played as a primary option.  He was absolutely dreadful against double teams, a true black hole who continued to get caught up trying to make his move to the rim.

LeBron is dominance (and mostly because of his athleticism), and Carmelo is the complete scorer.  Carmelo can score in more ways than LeBron, but LeBron is more efficient.  Having a broader skillset doesn't exactly make you the best choice out there...because in any situation, I would take James over Anthony.

Let's not get carried away with the mention of post moves, though, because again, none of these guys are Hakeem.  Bynum has (maybe "had" is a better word) three total effective post moves...just as Shaq did...two that are the same, only in opposite directions.  The other being the baby hook.  Dwight really has one, and then a basic drop step that gets him a dunk.  Big deal.

When both are on the court, though, Howard is tougher to defend...and that's all that matters.  Ask Indiana who they would rather play...Carmelo, who they beat in the second round just by letting him shoot his team out of games, or LeBron.

We could ask Indiana if they'd rather have Dwight over Hibbert too. 

if in a dark private corner the answer will be yes 100 percent of the time.

And we could ask their coach Vogel if that was Dwight and not Hibbert if he'd have been on the bench at the end of game one instead of protecting the basket.

Dwight is the better player hands down.  Hibbert is taking advantage of Miami having no size and is doing a great job exploiting it.  But if Indiana wins and he matches up center to center with Duncan, I wouldn't expect 28/12 out of him.

Edited by Majesty, May 29, 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#270 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 29, 2013 - 03:13 AM

Dwight would've already fouled out by the end of G1.

But still, assuming his back is getting better, I'll take him over Hibbert.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#271 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,717 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 29, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Dwight was Paul George + Hibbert for his Orlando teams. 

When LeBron  had scrubish players and Dwight had scrubish players

Dwight seemed to be as VALUABLE or more to his team.

Back surgery. It affects a person, I'm kind of insulted by the "shut up and entertain me" attitude of the Lakers fan base in regards to the Dwight injuries.

#272 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 29, 2013 - 05:32 PM

if d12 were in hibbert's shoes, hack a d12 could've been a nice tactic for the heat in the end of game 1.. and 4...

point is, it is quite difficult to give d12 the ball on crucial or clutch moments.. either it's an "auto-Foul send him to the line"

or

foul him before shotclock is down to 20.. it's like a timeout everytime for the heat and with D12's sub-.500 FT percentage, opponents get a free posession.. specially when time's running out.

this, to me, makes him a liability in any team he's in and makes him not that "dominant" as teams will exploit this..

im not hatin, im just sayin...

i wonder what D12's shooting % if you take away the putbacks and dunks???

Edited by beethoven31, May 29, 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

#273 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,044 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 05:33 PM

if d12 were in hibbert's shoes, hack a d12 couldv'e been a nice tactic for the heat in the end of game 1.. and 4...

point is, it is quite difficult to give d12 the ball on crucial or clutch moments.. either it's an "auto-Foul send him to the line"

or

foul him before shotclock is down to 20.. it's like a timeout everytime for the heat and with D12's sub-.500 FT percentage, opponents get a free posession.. specially when time's running out.

i wonder what D12's shooting % is you take away the putbacks and dunks???

this, to me, makes him a liability in any team he's in and makes him not that "dominant" as teams will exploit this..

im not hatin, im just sayin...

the other question is.

if Dwight was in Hibbert's position, how much MORE defensively dominant would the Pacers have been... and if that's the case would it have even come down to a final shot where the Heat try to make it close by hacking Dwight, and then would the Heat even score should he miss.

#274 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:30 AM

:facepalm:

#275 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:09 PM

Back surgery. It affects a person, I'm kind of insulted by the "shut up and entertain me" attitude of the Lakers fan base in regards to the Dwight injuries.

Lol... Hibbert is Dwight+Gasol in this Miami series..
Posted Image

#276 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hibbert is not better than Howard. Period.
Posted Image

#277 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 01, 2013 - 07:25 PM

Lol... Hibbert is Dwight+Gasol in this Miami series..

lol no.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#278 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,068 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted June 01, 2013 - 07:30 PM

Dwight Howard at 100 percent health is a top 5 player in the league. Yes even without a post game. He will get you 20 points 20 rebounds and 5 blocks. No question who the best center is. No knock on Hibbert and gasol. We shouldn't forget how good Dwight is though.

#279 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted June 01, 2013 - 07:45 PM

"Hibbert is the best big man in the league." - Shaqstrdamus. 

Man, Shaq throws that "best big man" label around more than the Heat have flopped vs. Indy. Brook Lopez must be sad. (Or was it Robin?)

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#280 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted June 02, 2013 - 02:49 PM

Many Laker fans want Dwight out it seems. I understand we are accustomed to winning and having good players, but Dwight is a great player when he is completely healthy as MDA up there said. At the very least, without a superstar already present, it will be much harder to get another one come 2014. I am seeing "trade him, get his ass out of LA" so much nowadays. We need him to stay whether we like it not, he is the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users