#1 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 9,898 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:51 PM

So Samsung unveiled their latest flagship smartphone in NYC this evening. It goes on sale worldwide late in April. No pricing details released yet. I'm getting it on day 1. Anyone else going to get it too? Has some pretty beast specs.

Hardware: Display: 5-inch, 1920 x 1080, with Gorilla Glass 3 Processor: 1.9 GHz quad-core processor OR 1.6 GHz Octa-Core processor (depending on the market).

Weight: 130 grams Thickness: 7.9mm Rear

Camera: 13 megapixels Front camera: 2 megapixels

Storage: 16/32/64 GB internal, with a MicroSD slot for expansion.
Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gesture, Geomagnetic, Gyro, NFC, Proximity, Temperature and Humidity, and RGB light.

Bluetooth: Version 4.0 IR LED

Battery: 2,600 mAh

Software OS: Google Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean

Drama Shot: Turns a string of photos into a timelapse.

Dual View: This lets S4 owners use both the front and rear cameras at the same time, which can also be used during video calls.

Group Play: Lets people share media between one another without Wi-Fi. Also syncs up music playback between devices.

Story Album: Pulls together photos you've taken and can be turned into photo albums.

S Health: Uses the S4's onboard sensors to track and estimate personal fitness.

S Translator: Translates voice or text within certain applications, and works offline.

S Voice Drive: Takes voice commands while driving, and turns up the size of text. Works over Bluetooth with Bluetooth-enabled cars.

Samsung Optical Reader: Scans business cards and QR codes for text.

Samsung WatchON: Uses the built-in IR to control other electronics like TVs and set top boxes.

Smart Pause: Pauses video playback when it detects that you're not looking. The same technology works for scrolling up and down on a Web page, or e-mail.

http://m.cnet.com/ne...axy-s4/57574450

#2 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,261 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:29 PM

just got an SIII around christmas, stickin w/ that for awhile...based on its awesomeness, i'm sure this will be amazing

Posted Image

#3 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,283 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:41 PM

According to Gizmodo, it's pretty much the same phone, save for a few things that don't work well like their hands free scrolling

I'm gonna get it tho, I hate my iphone 5

2div

#4 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 9,898 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:04 PM

@ game, I was close to purchasing an S3 few months ago, been due for an upgrade since like September, and the S3 and Nexus 4 were the 2 choices that I came close to purchasing. Then rumors about an S4 started popping up, then spec leaks for the past few weeks, so I just waited.

I have a Motorola Droid 2 Global, refurb, first one died about a year in, and it started malfunctioning on me recently too, screen became about 90% unresponsive, went ahead and ordered a refurb Droid 3 off amazon, which had an invalid ESN, sent it back last week, got my money back, then my current phone started randomly working again, and now official news of a release date for an S4 arrive, so it was kinda meant to be that I get the Samsung, lol.

@ Andro, i read the same things earlier on a diff website, i think it was engadget or cnet, but I have an old ass Droid 2 running Android 2.2, with super weak specs by todays standards, a phone like the S4 is gonna blow me away by the mere fact that I had a POS phone haha.

I would have liked a more rectangular look to the phone, and better looking/more durable material for the phone itself rather than plastic. The overall design didn't change all that much.

Another phone that I haven't really heard much of but looks promising is the HTC One. I went to Gizmodo afer reading your mention, and they they pretty much love it there, lol. I really like the design and look of that, specifically the front.

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,439 posts
  • Name:Chao❤Wade
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:32 PM

I've an HTC Evo 4, it is pretty good for my needs and I enjoy the processing power + rear camera.

The new Galaxy S will be pretty beast though. Octa-core processor? I can always appreciate more firepower!

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#6 androsays

androsays

• 4,283 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:25 PM

just watched the CNET Review, and supposedly the HTC One (which came out february this year) is faster in all aspects then the S4 they were able to play with during the release

and it looks more badass too might have to look into this one..

HTC%20One_Silver_3V.jpg

2div

#7 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 2,746 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:26 PM

I love my Nexus 4. I think I'll use this for a while until Google release Nexus 6 or something. S4's specs are awesome but the price..? Also they should have put more battery in that thing. No way 2600 mAh will be enough to carry that beast.

#8 androsays

androsays

• 4,283 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:31 PM

thanks for the insight, one thing i was worried about was battery life... i might have to look into another phone

2div

#9 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 9,898 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 12:08 AM

just watched the CNET Review, and supposedly the HTC One (which came out february this year) is faster in all aspects then the S4 they were able to play with during the release

HTC%20One_Silver_3V.jpg

Yep. That's the HTC One. Looks noiiice doesn't it? It has more of a premium look to it(and probably feel too) than the S4 imo.

I was reading a few hours ago that the S4's that Samsung provided for the reporters and journalists to mess with will probably be different than the final product specs wise(as far as processing speed goes). Mostly speculation, but their gut feeling was that the finished product will run much faster and smoother, which to the average consumer is just nerd talk lol and probably won't matter anyway, and unless you're some tech snob you prob won't notice either.

So far, i'm leaning towards the S4 tho. Gonna go check out the HTC One in store whenever it comes out too. Looks like too much of a sexy piece of technology to not even check out in person.

GS4 has a bigger capacity battery than the HTC One btw. 2600 compared to 2300.

#10 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,035 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 15, 2013 - 03:39 AM

Nexus > HTC One >>>>> S4

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#11 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,007 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 15, 2013 - 06:48 AM

Im waiting for motorola x phone hahahaha
Im into moto

5 inches? Im fine with 4.5 or 4.7 max, why they have to increase the size of the screen every year?
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#12 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,131 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 15, 2013 - 12:43 PM

That HTC one looks  :stu2:

veqdeg.jpg

#13 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,261 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 16, 2013 - 08:53 AM

can't speak at the ONE, but the s3 is an incredible phone...sure the s4 won't disappoint...

are those two in the same price range?

Posted Image

#14 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 9,898 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Im waiting for motorola x phone hahahaha
Im into moto

5 inches? Im fine with 4.5 or 4.7 max, why they have to increase the size of the screen every year?

I've owned 2 Motorolas since I made the switch to smartphones in late 2010, and the first one, a Droid 2 just stopped working after a year or so, but even when it was functional it still constantly rebooted, froze, etc.

So I got a replacement Droid 2 Global(because I really like phycical qwerty keyboards), even though I knew most problems would still be there after reading up on it, and it started malfunctioning recently, but thankfully it started working outta nowhere again. But it constantly reboots and freezes.

Can't see myself getting another Motorola phone ever. Even tho Google took over, their new phones STILL keep having the same issues.

#15 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,295 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted May 15, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Anyone here have this phone? Let us know of any issues, or lack there of

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#16 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 9,898 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:16 PM

It's awesome. Absolutely love it.

#17 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 336 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Got the Active 4. Pretty boss. It's water and dust proof but I still wrapped it in an Otterbox. Will let you all know if the underwater video works as well as advertised.

#18 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 814 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted September 14, 2013 - 05:10 PM

HTC%20One_Silver_3V.jpg

Have one,  thing is a beast.  Extremely well made phone,  inside and out.  Get a lot of attention for it too lol

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#19 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,035 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 14, 2013 - 11:11 PM

HTC One is easily the best phone I've used this year so far and I use a lot of phones lol

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users