Some fans today take rivalries too far

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,511 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Some people really do hate KB out there. I read some responses to the yahoo article about KB's injury and its like some people are glad hes hurt. As if Kobes injury makes their lives better somehow.

I personally don't risk injury on nobody. Especially someone I don't actually know and just see on TV doing what he/she does best. A person that I root for or against because its fun to love/hate someones game. But hate their game, not the player.  I wouldn't even want to see Celtics get injured. When Rondo got hurt I felt bad for the guy. Screw a rivalry, its peoples livelihood and physical wellness that is important.

Rivalries are for the fun of the sport and our own entertainment. Its not meant to carry over into some ones cold bitterness they have in their life.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,530 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:33 AM

People say the dumbest crap. Especially online. Most would kiss Kobe's a*s is they saw him in person. 

2hf753r.jpg

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,854 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:00 PM

When I see someone work so hard, it's almost impossible for me to hate them. I don't see any positivity in Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Melo, Dwight, Rose, CP3 or any player getting injured. These guys worked incredibly hard to get to where they are, it isn't fair to them to have others wish physical damage on them.

This isn't a problem with sports, this is a problem with humanity. Although sports fans do seem to be most immature, people in general are always doing things that just make me facepalm.

#4 j0k3r

j0k3r

Rookie

• 298 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Shaq, KOBE

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:01 PM

i agree with you man..i just read a few comments and it just pissed me off.. calling kobe a [expletive] and seemed happy they got hurt..like really? thats so stupid.. and immature

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Like I said on Twitter, if you're happy that Kobe was injured or any player for that matter, it's time to re-examine your life.

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Some people seem to take it personally because they're so invested in their respective team that they don't forget all those many times Kobe's broken & crushed their hearts. To have hope crushed like that so deeply by a certain player on various occasions can make some hardcores out there feel that way.

yo.

#7 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:18 PM

It's just jealousy plain and simple. But I agree it's ridiculous.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:23 PM

Like I said on Twitter, if you're happy that Kobe was injured or any player for that matter, it's time to re-examine your life.

Time for them to seek help from Dr. Phil.

yo.

#9 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 779 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:42 PM

They got affected personally by Kobe's personality/game to purely hate the guy. Sports is not life for us fans. They should not take it way too serious.

#10 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,881 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:49 PM

What happens in discussion forums and in the internet in general is normal ..

You'd see some Kobe fans hating on lebron, and the opposite is true .. I dont take fans reactions serious especially coming behind the screens ..

Go and check insidehoops ,, they blame kobe and he flopped because he missed the shot .. So you know people are just hating on other players because they want to be right always .. 

#11 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,600 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:50 PM

All these people hating are 95% LBJ riders.

#12 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:17 PM

polarizing figure & unfortunately no matter what; forever he will be hated by many cuz of that lying white girl from Dever.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#13 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,764 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:19 PM

All these people hating are 95% LBJ riders.

33bkfif.jpg

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:25 PM

We are getting very little sympathy from the rest of the fans and their writers. Its basically our team and our fans agains the world right now. Freakin pathetic

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,910 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:27 PM

People say the dumbest crap. Especially online. Most would kiss Kobe's a*s is they saw him in person. 

I agree. i bet you the majority would beg for a pic/autograph.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#16 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:31 PM

The reaction from the 29th other teams and the bloggers/writers has pissed me off the most. very little sympathy shown. A Sacramento Kings writer whos in charge of probably the biggest NBA blog (SBNation) made me want to puke, basically saying the injury was no big deal and justifying the dirty play

http://www.sbnation....ay-jones-lakers

Edited by MDI, March 14, 2013 - 02:33 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#17 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,764 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted March 14, 2013 - 03:00 PM

I think its not all about Kobe Bryant its about the franchise of the Los Angeles Lakers also. You see other team are jealous of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise cause LAL franchise is a winner unlike any other team, just simply looking how many championship the Lakers had and the hall of famer that the Lakers had especially right now fans are desperate to eliminate the Los Angeles Lakers in the playoffs especially the REAL DEAL HATER of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Haters gonna hate.  :cool2:

33bkfif.jpg

#18 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,588 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 14, 2013 - 03:16 PM

I think its not all about Kobe Bryant its about the franchise of the Los Angeles Lakers also. You see other team are jealous of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise cause LAL franchise is a winner unlike any other team, just simply looking how many championship the Lakers had and the hall of famer that the Lakers had especially right now fans are desperate to eliminate the Los Angeles Lakers in the playoffs especially the REAL DEAL HATER of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Haters gonna hate.  :cool2:

You can't talk....you say you want players injured all the time.

#19 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,822 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 03:29 PM

i usually avoid the comments sections, most people are keyboard warriors online

13z8pc6.jpg

#20 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,705 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:01 PM

i'm telling you..if that was lebron in kobe's situation, dahntay jones would be condemned out of the nba. but no...the majority hate kobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users