#1 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:26 AM

Just when you thought it was all over....

Gasol Set To Return Next Week, Will Replace Clark In Lakers' Starting Lineup
Mar 14, 2013 10:42 AM EDT

Gasol_Pau_lal_120308.jpg

Pau Gasol will return next week from a torn plantar fascia in his right foot.

"Everything else is possible. I'm not going to hold myself back if I think I'm ready to play," Gasol said Wednesday. "There's not many games left in the season and every game will be valuable to us.

"We're keeping our options open. We're trying to see how I progress over the next few days."

Gasol will return to the starting lineup in place of Earl Clark, whose production has tailed off in recent weeks.

#2 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,173 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm not too worried about Kobe being injured because I know he won't be out long. And also, now we get to see what Dwight is like when HE is the number 1 option on offense. Step up Dwight.

#3 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:41 AM

We should really be able to get some wins against low quality teams (which we face many of in the coming weeks) without Kobe.  Nash, Pau and Dwight have to prove their worth.  And the bench needs to make sure they don't falter as well. I think we lose to Indiana Friday, but after that we should get a small streak going.

I know this is going to get crucified, but I really think we could play better with Kobe off the floor.  A lot of his play has been heroic, but also detrimental to any team basketball.  With Nash having greater control over the offense, and Pau and Dwight being featured more often, I think it could be better basketball overall.  Obviously, we will need Kobe for the playoffs, but his hero ball lately is only because his play has put the team in those situations.  

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 14, 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#4 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,464 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hahaha

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#5 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hey isnt it the time of the year when we play Ebanks in the starting line-up for 10 games then give him DNP's rest of the year?

#6 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hopefully he gets several games in before the playoffs. 

veqdeg.jpg

#7 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Obviously, we will need Kobe for the playoffs, but his hero ball lately is only because his play has put the team in those situations.  

Why are you retarded? Aside from the Hawks game, it was THE rest of the players (Dwight, Nash, MWP, Bench) and the coach on the Lakers putting the team in those situations and then we needed Kobe to bail us out.

I'm starting to believe this is AB4Sure.

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:26 AM

We should really be able to get some wins against low quality teams (which we face many of in the coming weeks) without Kobe.  Nash, Pau and Dwight have to prove their worth.  And the bench needs to make sure they don't falter as well. I think we lose to Indiana Friday, but after that we should get a small streak going.

I know this is going to get crucified, but I really think we could play better with Kobe off the floor.  A lot of his play has been heroic, but also detrimental to any team basketball.  With Nash having greater control over the offense, and Pau and Dwight being featured more often, I think it could be better basketball overall.  Obviously, we will need Kobe for the playoffs, but his hero ball lately is only because his play has put the team in those situations.  

Don't post if you don't watch the games

Thanks

#9 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:27 AM

He should come off the bench until he can prove to be a contributor for this team.

#10 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,314 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:29 AM

NICE!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:59 AM

Why are you retarded? Aside from the Hawks game, it was THE rest of the players (Dwight, Nash, MWP, Bench) and the coach on the Lakers putting the team in those situations and then we needed Kobe to bail us out.

I'm starting to believe this is AB4Sure.

or pointguard11? Just now? Been thinking this for a while now.

yo.

#12 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:21 PM

or pointguard11? Just now? Been thinking this for a while now.

AHA!!

Tell me not this isn't the famous pointgaurd11?

#13 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'm sorry but no...Kobe has had some bad plays that have put us in holes that he has to then dig out of...ignorance is bliss tho:

"DUDE U R DUMB!! ITS ALWAYS ANTONI & EVRYONE ELSE!!" 

Lets see what happens if Kobe misses time.

#14 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,603 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:25 PM

[expletive] that he should have to earn his time off the bench. People forget so quickly how bad he has been all year. 

#15 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:26 PM

lol referencing other members...some fans get so delusional they start developing internet Alzheimers. 

#16 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'm sorry but no...Kobe has had some bad plays that have put us in holes that he has to then dig out of...ignorance is bliss tho:

You clearly said "Lately". And as of "Lately" it's been Kobe that's bailing us out. You're clearly singaling him out (we know you don't like him because you hate the fact that he's better than Magic Johonson)

Dwight Howard had his share of digging us in holes with his lack of effort.

Steve Nash with his on and off shooting.

MWP should be blamed for a lot of our struggles.

Pau Gasol and his pillow-ness like nature.

D'Antoni and his ego.

Edited by Jackson, March 14, 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#17 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:44 PM

I guess back to back games of 40/10 + sucks and puts us in holes. I guess averaging 35/5/7 on 56% shooting the past couple of games sucks and doesn't help.

This is pretty much what you are saying..so yes its very dumb.

#18 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:48 PM

You clearly said "Lately". And as of "Lately" it's been Kobe that's bailing us out. You're clearly singaling him out (we know you don't like him because you hate the fact that he's better than Magic Johonson)

Dwight Howard had his share of digging us in holes with his lack of effort.

Steve Nash with his on and off shooting.

MWP should be blamed for a lot of our struggles.

Pau Gasol and his pillow-ness like nature.

D'Antoni and his ego.

I am not talking about months ago when Pau was playing and D'Antoni had us playing terrible basketball.  I am talking about now. Dwight has been playing fantastic so absolutely no blame goes to him. Steve Nash had a terrible night last night, so sure some blame can go to him.  MWP always gets blame because thats inherent...hes atrocious.  And how do you think you know me? Telling me that Kobe is better than Magic? Thinking I am some other forum member...get your head out of your ass.  Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time and one of my favorite players ever, but that does not mean I am devoid of the ability to actually watch and observe key moments in the game.  I have league pass and have watched every single Lakers game without fail for the past 3 years straight...and have been watching them longer than you have probably been alive. 

But the fact is, Kobe makes some questionable plays, specifically in critical situations.  He has had a huge amount of turnovers, that he even stated he had to pull off some miracle shots just to make up for.  That is what I am saying.  Of course he has to play hero ball, he has been making critical errors in the game that lead to that point, whether it is bad perimeter D, transition D or turning the ball over and taking questionable shots.   His shot selection last night was abysmal for the most part, especially late in the 4th quarter. Yeah cool, I love it when he makes those miracle 3s, but that stuff is no championship or playoff basketball and Kobe knows it.  Kobe has been our best player this year and in some ways he has been our worst (although I would still reserve that for MWP), but I say Kobe because he is SO influential in our offense and so absent on defense at times that he can swing the game in or out.  Last night Nash and Howard had some great plays going with high PnR, but as the 4th quarter came down, Nash was forced to give it up to Kobe who never ran an offense.  

Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.

#19 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

I guess back to back games of 40/10 + sucks and puts us in holes. I guess averaging 35/5/7 on 56% shooting the past couple of games sucks and doesn't help.

This is pretty much what you are saying..so yes its very dumb.

Not even going to bother giving full response to this garbage.  Be smarter than that.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 14, 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#20 Rad

Rad

• 1,626 posts

Will Replace Clark In Lakers' Starting Lineup

I don't like this for some reason, can't put my finger on it yet though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users