Photo

Do you think this injury could be a blessing?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:25 AM

Way too many people here have no confidence in our team's talent pool. Even if Kobe would have made that huge difference (which we knew he would), it wouldn't make a difference against teams where most players are playing well like Spurs, OKC, and Clips once we get in the playoffs... 

Having Kobe rest, even if its because of injury, I see as a blessing. Because it will teach Dwight to dominate a game like he used to in Orlando. It will bring Nash's leadership back into his game, like it was in Phoenix, and will let Pau Gasol establish himself after his injury faster than he would have with Kobe on the floor. MWP will feel more weight on his shoulders defensively, knowing that Kobe isn't here to pick up the slack. 

You will see, it will work wonders for our team, that will only get stronger once Kobe is back, hopefully in a few games.

Do you not remember that small stretch last season where Kobe sat during games? MWP was owning the defense, Bynum was dominating games, and our sucky bench was playing very decently.  Kobe was on the sidelines telling his teammates what they need to do to improve. This is obviously something our coach should be doing, be he's not. So leave it to Kobe to become the coach for a few games and tell our players what they're doing wrong, doing right, and what they need to adjust.

We might lose a game that we may have lost either way so it's not a huge deal.

#22 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,757 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:36 AM

i actually agree, obviously unless it's for an extended period of time... but if it's only a couple of games i couldn't agree more

kobe looks tired out there, and even admitted in his convo with Wilbon about how tired he is. rest is exactly what he needs... and this team needs to learn how to win without kobe.

2div

#23 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 401 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:43 AM

I never want our best player hurt.<br /><br />It would be much different if we could afford the games to run the minus Kobe team and see who develops some rhythm but this team is barely in the playoffs. <br /><br />I'm betting he's back within a week.

#24 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:49 AM

As in the Lakers missing the playoffs and firing D'Antoni kinda blessing?

#25 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:55 AM

Nope, but I look at the bright side : Lakers playing better team ball, like how the  Rondo-less Celtics are playing

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#26 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:14 AM

Nope, no blessing. It disrupts the momentum they had going. Kobe's bailed this team  out several times. Whos gonna do it now?

2hf753r.jpg

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,414 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 14, 2013 - 12:51 PM

So Kobe can rest and we get to see coach Kobe again with a better lineup than last year? Well like I said its gonna be up to Dwight and Nash.

Thing is we may actually wind up running D'antoni's offense while Kobe is out. With some Dwight plays.

The thing is this team "should" be able to win some games shall Kobe sit, but a lot of it has to do with how Dwight is physically feeling and whether or not Meeks can knock down his jumpers.

If Jamison and Meeks are on and Metta's attacking in the post and Clark's ankle injury is alright we should be able to win. But we'll need huge efforts from Dwight and Nash.

Edited by Majesty, March 14, 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#28 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:16 PM

lmfao wtf

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#29 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,981 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:34 PM

With the Lakers barely holding on to the 8th seed, they need every game they can get.

This is far from a blessing.

#30 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,803 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well if you really want to see the bad effects, if we win MVP chances is slighter than it is.. Which is not a bigger deal than the playoffs..

But the injury if it wont be accumulated while he returns is good for him to rest 

And , Its good to see how the team will the take the load off him. We did it last year and we gained, i think we have a better personnel despite our ranking and coaching. Its not easy, but I'm excited to see if this team can compete without Bryant.. 

I think they wont be in pressure since the loss would mean Kobe is not playing, I hope they can pull off a win..

#31 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:05 PM

100% a blessing

for every other team

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#32 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 07:58 PM

So do most of you still think I was crazy to say it's a blessing that Kobe gets to rest for a few days while our other players step up and learn that it can't always be Kobe bailing them?

#33 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,486 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 17, 2013 - 08:11 PM

So do most of you still think I was crazy to say it's a blessing that Kobe gets to rest for a few days while our other players step up and learn that it can't always be Kobe bailing them?

yea

#34 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:32 AM

Hell Yes!

we got lucky in Pacers game.Lakers are supposed to beat Kings with or without Kobe. Its never a blessing to have your best player injured.

Kobe resting due to Coach D limiting his mins = would be a blessing!

Kobe resting due to injury = is a suspect problem we dont need with playoffs looming so soon. We need Kobe healthy going into playoffs not coming off an injury.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 12:17 PM

We didn't get "lucky" in Indiana, we outpayed them.

Just because you were wrong about us beating Indiana doesn't mean they had to be lucky. Give our team credit.

I said our bounce back game would be Indiana and half court vs half court we're a nightmare for that team.

Give the team credit.

Anyway its not a blessing that Kobe is injured. Its a blessing that he gets a weeks worth of actual rest. He was very tired and his shot was flat which is a part of the reason he also got hurt, fatigue as well as getting walked under.

So the week of rest helps.

Our other players playing hard and gaining confidence helps, but it also helps Kobe to see the team step up, we just have to stay in the groove and stay healthy.

Winning today is a MUST if we win today we could be the seventh seed before playing another game.

Edited by Majesty, March 18, 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#36 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,486 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:09 PM

blessing forsure

#37 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,521 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:18 PM

I am convinced now that this is a blessing.

MMiRi9s.png

#38 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Sure smfh
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:58 PM

5th game in 7 days. Tired legs and everyone exhausted. Perfect perfect opportunity for you woodworkers to try to make your "points" smh lol

#40 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:56 PM

5th game in 7 days. Tired legs and everyone exhausted. Perfect perfect opportunity for you woodworkers to try to make your "points" smh lol

I was expecting nothing less than that from everyone...

I still thing it's a good thing he got this minor injury that will force him to rest, because we all know there's no other way he'll sit out a game. And beating the pacers proved to me we have a very talented, capable of dominating the defense and offense team. They just need to learn how to do it while Kobe is on the floor as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users