Photo

Do you think this injury could be a blessing?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 911 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:40 AM

We all know that Dwight is very capable of taking over game on his own. This season he hasn't because of a lack of confidence, because of his injury mentally holding him back, and because he was 2nd-3rd option behind Kobe/Nash/Gasol...

The way I see it, Dwight will feel the responsibility of having to own a game and will rise to the occasion. Kobe will get to rest, finally! If Dwight does have success in the next few games without Kobe, maybe he will gain that confidence and become the player we all know he can be, especially with the way he's been playing lately.

And then when Kobe comes back, rested, we will have the two dominant forces we all hoped to have in the off-season. The forces that we knew would be nightmares for opposing teams.

What do you think? Am I right? Am I way off?

#2 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:41 AM

i think your a lame if you ever think its a blessing that kobe gets injured.

smack the person you see in the mirror NOW!

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 911 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:45 AM

Wow... it's not like it's a torn ACL. He'll probably get a few days off..

Edited by LakersFanatic, March 14, 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:51 AM

the 1 thing Lakers dont need is Kobe injured while still trying play in spite of the refs cheating him. the game will get no easier for him. The gms will get 2X harder now for Lakers if Kobe attempts to play on gimpy ankle & or if he doesnt play at all. all thru that gm touch fouls for ATL all night. but anytime Kobe went to rim no calls. A couple he just fell over himself but some were trips or just fouls. As much as he was on the ground in yesterdays gm an injury was bound to occur. the ref isnt even looking at defender nor kobe = cuz thats his justification for not calling a foul. = 3 stooges & not 1 of them can see it? I dont believe that at all. I told you all in other posts Kobe should have made it an issue weeks ago voicing his displeasure for how refs cheat him night in night out. Now obviously he cant use those exact words but he should have shed light on the obvious earlier. now he wanna say something after the gm he gets injured in. too late

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 911 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:53 AM

the 1 thing Lakers dont need is Kobe injured while still trying play in spite of the refs cheating him. the game will get no easier for him. The gms will get 2X harder now for Lakers if Kobe attempts to play on gimpy ankle & or if he doesnt play at all. all thru that gm touch fouls for ATL all night. but anytime Kobe went to rim no calls. A couple he just fell over himself but some were trips or just fouls. As much as he was on the ground in yesterdays gm an injury was bound to occur. the ref isnt even looking at defender nor kobe = cuz thats his justification for not calling a foul. = 3 stooges & not 1 of them can see it? I dont believe that at all. I told you all in other posts Kobe should have made it an issue weeks ago voicing his displeasure for how refs cheat him night in night out. Now obviously he cant use those exact words but he should have shed light on the obvious earlier. now he wanna say something after the gm he gets injured in. too late

I think this has nothing to do with what I asked and this exact post could have been posted in the refs discussion thread...

Anyways, thanks for your thoughts I guess...

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,598 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:04 AM

Well not sure if you are referring to a few years ago when Kobe was out for awhile and the rest of the team still won. If so gotta remember we had a great team at that time. Also had Phil Jackson. This team has very little depth.

If they do pull through this which may just be a couple games the. That will dramatically help this team like you said. Luckily if Kobe is out for a while we actually have quite a bit of easy games ahead of us and Utah still has 4 more likely losses. So not all is lost

#7 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:08 AM

Wow... it's not like it's a torn ACL. He'll probably get a few days off..

Few Days?  :laughing: that's funny bro severe sprain ankle for few days  :laughing:

33bkfif.jpg

#8 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 911 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Well not sure if you are referring to a few years ago when Kobe was out for awhile and the rest of the team still won. If so gotta remember we had a great team at that time. Also had Phil Jackson. This team has very little depth.

If they do pull through this which may just be a couple games the. That will dramatically help this team like you said. Luckily if Kobe is out for a while we actually have quite a bit of easy games ahead of us and Utah still has 4 more likely losses. So not all is lost

I was thinking more of last season when Kobe got injured towards the end of the season, and became Coach Kobe and was able to make the whole team better without even playing.

#9 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 911 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Few Days?  :laughing: that's funny bro severe sprain ankle for few days  :laughing:

Kobe would take a few days with a broken ankle :P 

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,390 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:47 AM

100% a blessing

for every other team

#11 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:06 AM

I think its a blessing. Kobe has been run ragged this year. If he had kept up this pace he would be dead before the play-offs. So it will giev him some rest. It will also give the team a chance to grow and hopefully for Dwight Howard to step up into the gap left by kobe. 

#12 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:10 AM

They are barely in the playoffs, with a road heavy schedule and do not control the tie breaker against Utah.  Granted they have a game against Indiana that they would lose with him playing and one against Sacramento that they should win easily without him playing.  So, perhaps it is a blessing if he misses 1 or 2 games, and gets some rest.  Anything more than that could be disastrous.

#13 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:12 AM

Nash and D12 alone can make for a solid team. Coach simply has to play to these two's strengths. Without Kobe isoing, the team is going to run more traditonal PNR and post plays for Howard, this could be interesting. And for the long run, I will take a rested Kobe over a burnt out Kobe.

#14 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,864 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:32 AM

We all know that Dwight is very capable of taking over game on his own. This season he hasn't because of a lack of confidence, because of his injury mentally holding him back, and because he was 2nd-3rd option behind Kobe/Nash/Gasol...

The way I see it, Dwight will feel the responsibility of having to own a game and will rise to the occasion. Kobe will get to rest, finally! If Dwight does have success in the next few games without Kobe, maybe he will gain that confidence and become the player we all know he can be, especially with the way he's been playing lately.

And then when Kobe comes back, rested, we will have the two dominant forces we all hoped to have in the off-season. The forces that we knew would be nightmares for opposing teams.

What do you think? Am I right? Am I way off?

I don't think it is a blessing that this injury would lead to a more productive Dwight Howard. KB24 is a large reason why we've been successful this season. I don't think you are "way off" though. It is good to take a positive outlook on things. Thinking about it, I would agree that Dwight could boost his confidence even further if he had a few more beast games, as he is likely to get more touches with Kobe not in the game. That'd be a +.

Still kind of early to see if/when Kobe is going to play, that'll impact a lot of things.

Edited by -Wade-, March 14, 2013 - 08:33 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#15 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:33 AM

OP is high on something .. Kobe has been carrying this team since the All Star break and has been bailing them out every night .. We'll be lucky to even win half of our upcoming games .. Playoffs are a distant dream right now ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#16 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image

#17 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:57 AM

A blessing? Yeah, I'm sure people in Oakland, Houston and Utah think that way...  :smh:

Posted Image

#18 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,356 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Now kobe can get rest
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#19 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 878 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:12 AM

Having your best player get injured is never a blessing!!! I agree Kobe could do with some rest as he is the only one out of our core 4 who hasn't had any major time off this year. With the amount of minutes he has played he could do with a break be it a forced one. It will be good to see how Dwight goes as the 1st option though. This is his chance to show everybody what the future could be like as well as show how dominate he can be. Also Nash will facilitate so we will see more ball movement and more PnR with less iso from Kobe. It gives a chance for the team to become less reliant on Kobe and force them to step up. This is good practice for the playoffs if we make it because everyone has to be ready to step up. However as I just stated if we can make the playoffs is the question with Kobe out. While its still very possible we do the fact remains if Kobe is playing we have a better chance of winning games then without him!!!

#20 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:13 AM

100% a blessing

for every other team

Especially for Dallas and Phoenix

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png