#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 14, 2013 - 04:55 AM

Dwight Howard showing more and more soigns of maturity when the Lakers win and when they've loss as it's come around. The days of Dwight Howard waving a stat sheet around seem to be over. When asked if he was mad about his shots Dwight answered very clearly.

Dwight Howard: "I'm not disappointed. It's one game. We lost as a team today like we won as a team yesterday. But at the same time we have to control the tempo of the game, and that starts with me."

Echoing further self criticism over the course of questions Dwight continued criticizing himself saying

Dwight Howard: "I let guys get behind me a couple of times today and it cost us. I HAVE to do better."

Dwight Howard pointed out that some nights everyone can have a bad night but that it's no excuse for not executing, Nash and Kobe had terrible shooting performances tonight, but Dwight referenced Kobe as the example of production through struggle, and being inspired by it.

Dwight Howard: "I watch him(Kobe) have it bad. But then he'll get going and when he gets going the crowd gets going."

Said Dwight referencing the effect Kobe had on those in attendence.

Dwight: "When Kobe gets going the crowd gets going and I see people pulling out their camera phones getting ready to capture the magic, and he gets hype and the crowd gets hype too... I love that."

Dwight amidst disappointment in his own performance looked at Kobe's success through struggle as another place he wants to get to. If he keeps taking responsibility like he did tonight and asking better of himself, then it may not be a long ways away. Even in a loss, the maturity of Dwight Howard, continues.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#2 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:45 AM

Why cant D12 ever say I will stop making the dumb foolish foul when its a tie gm or 1 possession gm that takes me out of quarters? I dont understand why D12 continues to do stupid fouls. He knows there is no other "C" that is allowed to play = so at start of 1st & 3rd quarters he must stop this nonsense. everytime he does it LA is forced to comeback from double digit deficits. Go get a damn "C" or else play Sacre & keep some damn height in gm. Small ball for Lakers = 0 defense

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:55 AM

i thought he blamed his shoulders again. lol

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,919 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 14, 2013 - 06:59 AM

No matter what Dwight says he cant win.

Dude should just not talk at all and let people [expletive] how he never says anything. 

Heres a example of Dwight Howard's experience with Lakers fans/critics this year:

Thursday game-

D12: My shoulder hurts, my back hurts, its affecting my game that's why we lost.

fans/critics: This loss was all Dwight's fault. He needs to take ownership for his pathetic play and mediocre effort and stop using his injuries as the excuse.

Sunday game-

D12: I take full responsibility for the loss I didn't play well, I need to focus more and be aggressive.

fans/critics: He played like crap because of his injured shoulder and rehabbing back, the loss isn't his fault, after all he just had back surgery. Cut the guy some slack.

Repeat above process

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 14, 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#5 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Why cant D12 ever say I will stop making the dumb foolish foul when its a tie gm or 1 possession gm that takes me out of quarters? I dont understand why D12 continues to do stupid fouls. He knows there is no other "C" that is allowed to play = so at start of 1st & 3rd quarters he must stop this nonsense. everytime he does it LA is forced to comeback from double digit deficits. Go get a damn "C" or else play Sacre & keep some damn height in gm. Small ball for Lakers = 0 defense

Its how he's always played....DPOY

Very undisiplined..... at times

He has to get to the point where he doesn't rely on his attributes and aquire skills associated with that position. Angles, not attempting to block every shot, moving his feet, using lower body strength (once healthy) defending areas...........

Offensive fouls while going to the basket ....refs will adjust too everything else? Experience and being taught how to do it.

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#6 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:53 PM

No matter what Dwight says he cant win.

Dude should just not talk at all and let people [expletive] how he never says anything. 

Heres a example of Dwight Howard's experience with Lakers fans/critics this year:

Thursday game-

D12: My shoulder hurts, my back hurts, its affecting my game that's why we lost.

fans/critics: This loss was all Dwight's fault. He needs to take ownership for his pathetic play and mediocre effort and stop using his injuries as the excuse.

Sunday game-

D12: I take full responsibility for the loss I didn't play well, I need to focus more and be aggressive.

fans/critics: He played like crap because of his injured shoulder and rehabbing back, the loss isn't his fault, after all he just had back surgery. Cut the guy some slack.

Repeat above process

He should do a critique on his play after a win instead of only after a loss. It seems like an excuse

Example:

After scoring 40 plus in a game last week (Toronto I think) Kobe related that he turned the ball over far too many times and played awful.... he felt  obligated to make up for it

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users