Photo

Kobe out indefinitely with sprained left ankle (Pg. 21 - Kobe out vs. Sacramento)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#121 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Better yet, I just got back from the Hawks board.  Their fans are watching the same tape and have come to a completely different conclusion.  Imagine that ....

Well no [expletive] they do. They are jealous as hell of the Lakers and Kobe. Dahntay must be a hero to them. Plus, how long has he been there? Less than a month? They probably don't even remember his trip on Kobe in the WCF.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#122 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,527 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Well no [expletive] they do. They are jealous as hell of the Lakers and Kobe. Dahntay must be a hero to them. Plus, how long has he been there? Less than a month? They probably don't even remember his trip on Kobe in the WCF.

One way I like to check to see whether I am being objective is to look at it from the other guy's perspective.  Looking at Hawks forum posts, yeah, there's a fair amount of trash talk there.  But there is also some thoughtful posts, most of which just do not see it as a dirty play.  I can search youtube on just about any player in the NBA (including Kobe, BleacherReport put together a "dirty Kobe" video post awhile back) and come up with several "dirty" plays that look ALOT worse than that video.

I think what you guys are really mad about is that if Kobe goes down for any extended period of time, we all know we're screwed. 

Debbie Downer

#123 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:09 PM

One way I like to check to see whether I am being objective is to look at it from the other guy's perspective.  Looking at Hawks forum posts, yeah, there's a fair amount of trash talk there.  But there is also some thoughtful posts, most of which just do not see it as a dirty play.  I can search youtube on just about any player in the NBA (including Kobe, BleacherReport put together a "dirty Kobe" video post awhile back) and come up with several "dirty" plays that look ALOT worse than that video.

I think what you guys are really mad about is that if Kobe goes down for any extended period of time, we all know we're screwed. 

I'm starting to lose sympathy for you guys...

#124 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:12 PM

So why isn't it a dirty play? Why did he continue to walk towards where Kobe was landing then?

Posted Image

#125 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Obviously that's the main concern. We're 0.5 games ahead of the Jazz with 16 to play and they have the tiebreaker. The only reason we've won a handful of games recently was because of Kobe. But it's also the fact that Jones got away with it. If he gets suspended, which he should, then I'll be a bit more satisfied. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#126 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:14 PM

And what is "smartass" about suggesting that you are being less than objective?

Because you are being subjective, yourself. It is pointless to say that someone isn't considering all of the facts if you don't know for a fact that he hasn't considered them. Just because you are taking the unpopular view does not make you instantly objective. Go take a PHIL101 course.

I wish we could just all have our opinions without people instantly jumping on one another.....the sooner people understand that near everything is perspective, the better.

Edited by -Wade-, March 13, 2013 - 08:15 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#127 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Kobe Bryant @kobebryant2m
@Thadeacon I respectfully disagree. He knows what he did and anyone with half a brain can see it. I don't want it to happen to anyone else!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#128 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 784 posts

If anyone says it was not dirty. Just look at the last play. Jones took the Kobe's space, he went towards his body (shooting a fadeaway) and hit his knee on Kobe's upper inside leg. You don't lunge towards a shooter like that. Just like Kobe said on his interview, defenders are conscious of the shooter's space. Jones went in intentionally, unless he's that dumb to recognize that space. 

#129 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,145 posts

Better yet, I just got back from the Hawks board.  Their fans are watching the same tape and have come to a completely different conclusion.  Imagine that ....

Perhaps they're watching the same tape through their own hometown lens :hmm:

#130 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Like I said players know they are allowed to foul kobe 3-5 times per gm and refs wont call any of them. 3 stoogies got kobe injured. Smfh bullsheet gm
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#131 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:19 PM

I definitely think that what Jones did was dirty. If the injury happens with Jones jumping vertically then it is just an accident; but he did not jump vertically, he jump horizontally into Kobe. I can't necessarily say that he had any intention of hurting him as severely as he did, but he did not want to be the guy to let Kobe hit the game tying shot.

#132 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,527 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:19 PM

Because you are being subjective, yourself. It is pointless to say that someone isn't considering all of the facts if you don't know for a fact that he hasn't considered them. Just because you are taking the unpopular view does not make you instantly objective. Go take a PHIL101 course.

I wish we could just all have our opinions without people instantly jumping on one another.....the sooner people understand that near everything is perspective, the better.

What's a Phil 101? 

Consider this.  What if Jones were taking the shot and Kobe was guarding him.  Was it a foul?  Was it a dirty play?  Is Kobe a dirty player?  Should he be fined?  Suspended a few games?

Most of you guys would be be vehemently defending your hero, saying things like "touch foul", and "his momentum carried him into the player" and "where do you expect Kobe to put his feet".  The more objective of you might add "and Jones deserved it".

Debbie Downer

#133 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:20 PM

as much as i hated Bruce Bowen, he never did pull this crap on Kobe. 

#134 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:21 PM

What's a Phil 101? 

Consider this.  What if Jones were taking the shot and Kobe was guarding him.  Was it a foul?  Was it a dirty play?  Is Kobe a dirty player?  Should he be fined?  Suspended a few games?

Most of you guys would be be vehemently defending your hero, saying things like "touch foul", and "his momentum carried him into the player" and "where do you expect Kobe to put his feet".  The more objective of you might add "and Jones deserved it".

If the tables were turned, then yes Kobe would be guilty of a dirty play. Unless you have a crystal ball there on your side of the monitor, you shouldn't accuse people of doing something in a hypothetical situation.

#135 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:23 PM

What's a Phil 101? 

U seen kobe ever go under some1 feet like a jones or bowen used to do? 1 time is suspect. But someone who has track record of dirty plays its ez 2 call a spade a spade
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#136 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,527 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Perhaps they're watching the same tape through their own hometown lens :hmm:

Let me go check the Celtics boards, I bet I can get an objective view there.

Debbie Downer

#137 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:31 PM

^ you're still here?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#138 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,527 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:32 PM

If the tables were turned, then yes Kobe would be guilty of a dirty play. Unless you have a crystal ball there on your side of the monitor, you shouldn't accuse people of doing something in a hypothetical situation.

Thanks for answering honestly. 

Let's take away the hypothetical part.  This search didnt take long:

Not all these qualify as dirty in my view, just aggressive.  But there are a fair amount of cheap shots by Kobe in there.

Debbie Downer

#139 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,527 posts

^ you're still here?

Yeah, been enjoying reading your Steve Blake fantasy posts.

Debbie Downer

#140 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 999 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

He did that intentionally indeed...ugh what a dirty play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users