Photo

Kobe out indefinitely with sprained left ankle (Pg. 21 - Kobe out vs. Sacramento)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#421 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 17, 2013 - 07:25 PM

Vintage Nash...

Off Topic-

Is it me or does our transition D look good now?  When did that happen?

#422 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Vintage Nash...

Off Topic-

Is it me or does our transition D look good now? When did that happen?

Nash and Blake instead of Duhon and Morris happened.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#423 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Nash and Blake instead of Duhon and Morris happened.

I never would have thought that in a thousand years we would be talking about Nash and Blake as our defensive heroes. :laughing:

#424 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:38 PM

I never would have thought that in a thousand years we would be talking about Nash and Blake as our defensive heroes. :laughing:

Yep Blake stopped the 4 on 1 fast break which put the momentum back on our side and we wenton an 11-0 run to seal it.

#425 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yep Blake stopped the 4 on 1 fast break which put the momentum back on our side and we wenton an 11-0 run to seal it.

God that made me laugh so damn hard. Steve Blake is on a mission to erase people's opinions of him from a year or so ago.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#426 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:43 PM

As much as I dislike some of the things that D'Antoni does, I actually believe that he has a lot to do with the successful play of some of these guys. I think guys like Jamison, Nash, and Blake have played really well because of Mike's confidence. I mean Steve Blake is having by far his best stretch as a Laker.

#427 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:50 PM

God that made me laugh so damn hard. Steve Blake is on a mission to erase people's opinions of him from a year or so ago.

Nope, he's just finally in an offense that suits him and allows him to truly play off ball and in the pick and roll. That's why him and Nash are such a good one two punch. Their styles are very similar, but Blake has more experience with back to the basket centers(all those years with Bynum) while Nash was used to pick and pop centers and the one back to the basket center he had before hand(Shaq) he had trouble adjusting to.

Nash actually has to play more off-ball which is what Blake's best at, and Blake at times has to create off the pick and roll which is what Nash's best at, so they've helped each other and its tellable. They are a fantastic 1-2 punch cause their styles are so darn similar.

And people thought I was crazy when I said Nash would benefit playing off ball the way Blake does >_<

And that I was also crazy when I said that Blake would have his best year as we're running a PnR offense which he's best at.

So I'm just enjoying the wins lol :D

He also benefits having Nash as his co-point guard when he's moved to the 2 instead of Fisher ... But we won't go there lol. ;)

#428 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Which is ironic because it was him thinking he was actually Steve Nash and not Steve Blake that led to the 4 on 1 break with his errant behind the back pass lol

#429 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:57 PM

Which is ironic because it was him thinking he was actually Steve Nash and not Steve Blake that led to the 4 on 1 break with his errant behind the back pass lol

Yes he had what I call a Metta moment.

Metta moments usually go like this.

"What are you doing Metta!-... Nice Play Metta!!!"

And vice versa :P

#430 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:59 PM

Yes he had what I call a Metta moment.

Metta moments usually go like this.

"What are you doing Metta!-... Nice Play Metta!!!"

And vice versa :P

Nothing is more frustrating than a Metta iso. Or when he shoots a long three early in the shot clock.

#431 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,069 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 11:01 PM

Nothing is more frustrating than a Metta iso. Or when he shoots a long three early in the shot clock.

Yes. But when Clark is playing the 3 effectively, Metta attacks from the post.

Like tonight he was 10-13 only took 3 threes.

Clark and Jamison doing their floor stretching and playing well has a lot to do with that. When their game is off, he takes more threes to compensate, when not, he does what he did tonight and stays in the paint.

#432 r9too

r9too

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:43 AM

not gonna lie, steve blake was the one lakers player I honestly couldn't stand, ever since that dallas series when we got swept where he was literally to scared to dribble the ball and really lost any shred of confidence he had left. But this season he really is changing my mind about him, he's been ultra aggressive and it's paying off, dude is playing like a stud. 

#433 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 18, 2013 - 05:27 AM

will Kobe play tonight???

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#434 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,689 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:32 AM

will Kobe play tonight???

Wouldn't count on it. Kobe hates Pheonix, but he should trust his teammates to take care of them.

#435 r9too

r9too

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:40 AM

i hope he is playing, we will need him for this game. D'antoni played 7 guys yesterday, and it's aback to back on the road, will be very tough to win this game imo no matter how terrible the suns are.

Don't understand why he doesn't give sacre minutes, even 5-8 min a game when Howard is out. Dude is a big body and has been very good the minutes he plays, and at least will defend the rim and rebound better than jamison/clark. 

This is a very very tough game without kobe and 7 fatigued guys in a road arena

#436 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 06:46 AM

No, actually you should hope he doesn't play.

The team has a break until Friday after tonight. There's no reason for Kobe to play through anything against a non-playoff team. IDC if its a road game or a back to back.

This team needs to find a rhythm without Kobe right now, it will make things a lot smoother when he returns.

There will some tough games ahead that we'll NEED Kobe for but this isn't one of them. This allows Kobe to get extra days of rest, which helps his legs down the stretch (it's almost another all star break for him) and he'll be able to make his return alongside Pau Friday.

#437 r9too

r9too

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:21 AM

No, actually you should hope he doesn't play.

The team has a break until Friday after tonight. There's no reason for Kobe to play through anything against a non-playoff team. IDC if its a road game or a back to back.

This team needs to find a rhythm without Kobe right now, it will make things a lot smoother when he returns.

There will some tough games ahead that we'll NEED Kobe for but this isn't one of them. This allows Kobe to get extra days of rest, which helps his legs down the stretch (it's almost another all star break for him) and he'll be able to make his return alongside Pau Friday.

I get what you're saying, and we'd all love for kobe to get some much needed rest for this final stretch before playoffs. 

But to get to the play offs and potentially 7 or 6 seed, we will need to win these types of games, and we can't afford to even risk losing them. Hence why I would rather kobe play tonight (even limited minutes) than not at all. We really can't risk losing to sub 500 teams at all down this stretch. If we were firmly in the playoffs, I would definitely rather see kobe take this game off and have a nice break till friday, but that's not the situation we are in now, and I think kobe & team understands that. 

#438 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted March 18, 2013 - 11:18 AM

You don't deserve to make the playoffs when you have Dwight and Nash and can't beat a bad Suns team. I understand its a back to back game and every game is crucial, but players step up when injuries happen and that's what we have to do. While I'd love Kobe to play, rest is more important in the long run. He can have a few more days rest till the Wizards game which will be beneficial.

#439 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,742 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted March 18, 2013 - 11:40 AM

As expected, @kobebryant is out for tonight's game at Phoenix. He'll be listed as "day-to-day" moving forward.

Blessing in disguise of Kobe missing these 2 games: he'll at minimum have a week off (next game Fri. for ankle, rest of body.

Good week resting, only thing that worries me is that 7 man rotation, gonna tire out the others. 

Edited by Lakersfan1211, March 18, 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#440 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted March 18, 2013 - 11:55 AM

As expected, @kobebryant is out for tonight's game at Phoenix. He'll be listed as "day-to-day" moving forward.

Blessing in disguise of Kobe missing these 2 games: he'll at minimum have a week off (next game Fri. for ankle, rest of body.

Good week resting, only thing that worries me is that 7 man rotation, gonna tire out the others. 

Yeah I hope this stretch doesn't tire out grandpa Steve and grandpa Antawn ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users