66 replies to this topic

#41 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:07 PM

The refs didn't cost us the game.

The refs didn't make us shoot 23% in the first quarter and didn't make us go down double digits to a team without Smith and Teague. 

Only thing I am pissed about is Kobe was injured because of a dirty play and Jones went unpunished.

#42 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Blaming the refs, pitiful.

It's actually really not if you think about it Fido. This isn't a shot at you but seriously there had to be 5-7 absolute bs calls INCLUDING Jones' obvious foul on Kobe at the end which would have sent the game into overtime. I would have liked our chances. No other team gets jipped off by the refs as much as us. We would easily have 40 wins by now if we were getting rightful treatment from the officials. And it wasn't just this game. Yesterday, the only reason we were up 4 at halftime was because the refs literally gave 6 free points to the magic off of bs calls. All of them were momentum stopping plays. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 13, 2013 - 08:09 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#43 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Refs had a huge part in this. Especially in the last play

In an email to Yahoo! Sports late Wednesday night, Bryant said that Jones "threw his hip and lower body into mine on the shot. That's a foul with 100 percent certainty. Dirty and dangerous play. Doesn't belong in the game.

http://sports.yahoo....-042340929.html

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#44 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:10 PM

BEuWTQ5CYAI16HX.jpg

refshelp_zpsa3da5f55.jpg

Bad plays happens every game. The pictures I posted above showed that it wasn't out of bounds and the ref was literally right in front of the play but Lakers still got the call. Ref didn't even bother to review or watch the replay.

It wasn't the refs fault why they lost the game.

But I do agree that what jones did was dirty and I believe he should be suspended.

#45 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:19 PM

^ his feet isnt even fully on the ground. I believe his heel touched the line. "Not a true fan" eh?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#46 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Lol. Are you serious? Look at his feet its obvious that his heel wasn't gonna touch the ground because he was running and trying to stay out of bounds.  "Biased fan" eh?

Like i said bad calls happens every game.

#47 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:36 PM

You have nothing to show that his heel WOULDN't touch the line. Nothing.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#48 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Lol. Are you serious? Look at his feet its obvious that his heel wasn't gonna touch the ground because he was running and trying to stay out of bounds.  "Biased fan" eh?

Like i said bad calls happens every game.

It's different with us. We consistently do not get calls every game that other teams get it's just that simple. It sounds bad but I don't have a problem saying it because I really believe it. They kill our momentum and is ONE of the factors that leads to losses.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#49 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:50 PM

You have nothing to show that his heel WOULDN't touch the line. Nothing.

LOL. Looking at the picture its clear that he's running. How many people do you know in this world that can run without lifting their heel first?

You can clearly see that his heels are farther away from the line than his toes. If the toes wasn't out of bounds while his heel is slanted to the right it shouldn't be hard for you to figure out that if he does land his heel its not gonna be on the line.

Edited by BlueJab23, March 13, 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#50 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:54 PM

why is this still in discussion? refs had hardly anything to do with the outcome of the game. if we made our shots and didnt let the hawks bench fodder destroy us then we would've won.

#51 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Blah blah blah. Show me the pic showing his heel on the ground where his foot is not touching the line

Edited by MDI, March 13, 2013 - 10:54 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#52 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:02 PM

why is this still in discussion? refs had hardly anything to do with the outcome of the game. if we made our shots and didnt let the hawks bench fodder destroy us then we would've won.

Because someone thinks that bad calls only happens against lakers.

#53 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Are we seriously gonna resort to blaming the refs for tonights loss?!?  Child please.  The open shots and layups we missed would've had us winning by at least 15 had we converted.  We did a horrible job of protecting the paint and our bench was destroyed.  None of that had anything to do with the refs.  Just man up and accept the loss.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#54 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:56 AM

Refs are bad.

Dwight got in early foul trouble which messed us up in the first half.

They seemed to protect him a bit down the stretch.

We looked tired. Nash blowing those bunnies, etc.

I dislike refs almost as much as I love the game, but we were right there and pretty much blew this.    Kobe dunked over Josh Smith last week, but pulled up for a 12 footer last night.  I wish he would've attacked the rim.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#55 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 14, 2013 - 11:35 AM

Refs were bad in general but they didn't cost us the game. Though [expletive]ing Jones might have cost us the next few. That's really unacceptable. 

#56 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,895 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:37 PM

The Lakers should've never been in the position to where one or a couple calls decide a game.

Yes, anyone who puts a loss on refs is nothing but a crybaby. Take care of your business web you should and the refs won't matter.

ColStac: Precisely!

#57 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:39 PM

The Lakers should've never been in the position to here one or a couple calls decide a game.

Yes, anyone who puts a loss on refs is nothing but a crybaby. Take care of your business web you should and the refs won't matter.

ColStac: Precisely!

refs effect the gm in qrt 1,2,3, & 4th. It aint just 1 or a couple calls. dont be so niave

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#58 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 744 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:59 PM

refs effect the gm in qrt 1,2,3, & 4th. It aint just 1 or a couple calls. dont be so niave

I don't think that's what he meant.

I took it as, 'we should be making all those gimme shots like lay ups and wide open threes, so even if we do get a couple bad calls it doesn't make or break the game'. The refs are gonna be refs, we have to make the easy ones, period.

Edited by Murdercassette, March 14, 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#59 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,081 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 14, 2013 - 03:16 PM

Refs can dictate a lot. They can pull players off the court with phantom fouls. They can swing momentum frequently with discriminate block/charge calls.

A lot of people think its sounds noble to say that officials don't impact the game. That's fine, but those same people constantly say it as if saying it more often makes their point more valid.

Clearly, a person who watches the sport can recognize how easy it is for refs to manipulate the outcome. Sometimes it is out of incompetence, while other times it is subtly intentional. Other times, refs merely get caught up in the momentum of the game and let the crowd or a player's performance affect them.

Referees can take a player out of his game. This happens a lot of ways from letting a guy get pounded on, to putting them in foul trouble, etc.
Because this has become so common, it does become difficult to distinguish between what is intentional officiating and what is merely "missed calls", etc.

And the NBA loves this. The inconsistency makes it hard to pinpoint anything for sure, so everything remains cloudy.

When the Tim Donaghy story first broke, several media members addressed the issue as if it was no surprise (because it wasn't). But over time, after Stern and his handlers got control of the story, more and more media members bought into the "rogue official" story.

There was an expose written at least a decade ago about terrible officiating, in which an official was quoted about something to the effect that officials "cultivate the game" (I.e. we keep games close). That is not their job. Yet, some think it is. Perhaps because they've been told this by their employer?

This stuff is true and has always been out there. Believing it may negatively impact your ability to enjoy the league, and accordingly, you just have to learn to accept it to a comfortable degree. But burying your head in the sand or citicizingn people who see an obvious issue doesn't make things any better. If you feel that officials are not a factor, then so be it. You really have nothing to add to the discussion.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#60 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 04:19 PM

got screwed again. Erased a basket that Nash made before half

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users