24 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,322 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 13, 2013 - 09:25 AM

A friend of mind asked me if I was ecstatic of seeing the Lakers playing well and most likely will make the playoffs. I told him I am happy that they finally get it together a little bit but ecstatic? no.  The only time I will be jumping up and down with joy and be statisfied is when the Lakers win it all. Yes I am a spoiled Lakers fans who expect championships and only championships.  He said I should be in the nut house because there is no way the Lakers will win it all this year. No way in hell.  So I said sarcasticly that there is no point of watching the playoffs then. He asked what lowest seeded team that ever win a title in NBA history?  I told him the 1994 houston rockets who was the 6 seed and win it all. So he asked if I expected the same thing to happen with this lakers.  I said probably not because the lakers might be an 8th seed or a 7th seed but still shooting for the 6th seed. So we will make nba history if we win it all this year.

My friend is right. I am delusional but I have faith that we can do it. 90% of lakers fans don't believe we can win it all this year. Which is understandable. The odds are so against us. the 10% are delusional fans like myself that still believe we can win it. Because if we don't believe then there is no point of watching the lakers in the playoffs. I still believe we can make history. Become the lowest seeded team to ever win the championship. Records are meant to be broken. Now if we happen to become the 6th seed, we will tie as the lowest seed to win it all in NBA history but still a satisfying accomplishment.   

There are two ways the Lakers can make history this season. One is to miss the playoffs and become the only labeled "super team" to do so. Or the other way is to win it all becoming the lowest seed to do so.  I am shooting for the second one.

If Kobe Bryant believe he can win it all this year, why not the fans who root for him?

Edited by epicwolf, March 13, 2013 - 09:28 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,730 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 13, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yea......jinx thread 

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 09:37 AM

In 98/99 Knicks as a #8 seed made the Finals. Playoffs are whole different from regular season. It is decided within moments.

#4 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,783 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted March 13, 2013 - 09:50 AM

You mean "When" we win it all lol.

#5 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:41 AM

its possible but with our awesome road record and low seed its not likely.

I personally think we can do it tho.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#6 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,281 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:51 AM

For us to get anywhere the Lakers need to find an identity. It seems like they've found it during this winning streak, but how much times in the past did we see the Lakers get their [expletive] together then fall apart?

We have a lot of stuff we need to fix. If the Lakers do improve and keep up their recent play, then look out!

#7 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 595 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Heat vs Thunder 

Book it 

lakers will be a 1st round knock out to either the spurs thunder and sadly even the clippers 

#8 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:00 AM

This team wasn't built for the regular season. I believed that even before we started 17-25.

In a playoff series, where we have 2 of the 3 best players on the floor on our team, anything can happen.
iyjywo.jpg

#9 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:17 AM

While I do believe we could be a '2012 Giants'...I highly doubt it. I expect maybe making it out of the first round (as long as we don't play OKC). But not much beyond that.  I think we need this offseason to make a few roster changes, possibly coaching changes (even assistant changes), and then a training camp to really get something special cooking. 

#10 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:33 AM

lakers will be a 1st round knock out to either the spurs thunder and sadly even the clippers 

Sadly, I have to agree.

Posted Image

#11 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:35 AM

16-0.

#12 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:45 AM

The thing about playoffs is that once you make it, you are basically starting a whole season all over. everyone is back to 0-0 and everyone has the same goal as well as something to lose.

I believe Lakers can win it all. It will be difficult but when they play well, they play really well. Likewise, when they play bad, they play really bad. So we'll see how it goes.

I personally would like for them to go against Clippers first so that, even though they would not be the "home" team, they would still be home and make it easier for them to win games. They will probably have more fans than clippers will at staples and make it easier for them to win. Once they win their first matchup, i believe the confidence build-up will result in greatness from all of our veterans in the future matchups, making our road to the heat a great one, hopefully with rest between match-ups.

#13 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 13, 2013 - 12:00 PM

My ideal situation, is to get the clippers in the first round. There is no doubt in my mind we will beat then and beat them bad because technically every game will be a home game. There is also no traveling for our aged team and the team is used to the facility. Second round if we get a team like denver or memphis i dont see why we shouldnt be able to win. And finally for the WCF okc or san antonio is gonna be tough but i think we can do it. Id still put my money on my lakers. Calll me delusional but ive seen crazier things happen. Ya these times might be you get but we have something no one else does. A ring hungry, determined kobe bryant. And dont forget. Gasol is gonna be back for the playoffs as well

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#14 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Dwight, Glen Rice

Posted March 13, 2013 - 12:20 PM

There's no doubt that if or when the lakers make the playoffs they will be one of if not the most feared number 8 seed of all time.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#15 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 13, 2013 - 12:54 PM

In 5-10 days this board went from

"were never gonna make the playoffs we need to blow the roster up"

to

"Were gonna win the Championship and make history"

Its funny how emotionally based the consensus is.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#16 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted March 13, 2013 - 01:13 PM

If we play defense like we did versus Chicago over a 7 game series, then it's not out of the realm of possibility. Not very likely though.

#17 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 13, 2013 - 03:29 PM

Getting past OKC, Clippers, Spurs ANDDD The Miami Heat? Nah not happening this year... I dont like to fill myself with false hope haha. 

Laker fan for life.

#18 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,720 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 13, 2013 - 03:35 PM

if we somehow win in the 1st round ill regain my hopes for a championship.

#19 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,876 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 13, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Looking ahead is the best way to lose sight of the here and now.

Gotta make the playoffs first.

#20 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,316 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:22 PM

In 5-10 days this board went from

"were never gonna make the playoffs we need to blow the roster up"

to

"Were gonna win the Championship and make history"

Its funny how emotionally based the consensus is.

I would alter my view only to "even if we make the playoffs, the flaws in the roster and coaching staff are obvious and endemnic.  Blow up the roster and start over."

Debbie Downer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users