A friend of mind asked me if I was ecstatic of seeing the Lakers playing well and most likely will make the playoffs. I told him I am happy that they finally get it together a little bit but ecstatic? no. The only time I will be jumping up and down with joy and be statisfied is when the Lakers win it all. Yes I am a spoiled Lakers fans who expect championships and only championships. He said I should be in the nut house because there is no way the Lakers will win it all this year. No way in hell. So I said sarcasticly that there is no point of watching the playoffs then. He asked what lowest seeded team that ever win a title in NBA history? I told him the 1994 houston rockets who was the 6 seed and win it all. So he asked if I expected the same thing to happen with this lakers. I said probably not because the lakers might be an 8th seed or a 7th seed but still shooting for the 6th seed. So we will make nba history if we win it all this year.
My friend is right. I am delusional but I have faith that we can do it. 90% of lakers fans don't believe we can win it all this year. Which is understandable. The odds are so against us. the 10% are delusional fans like myself that still believe we can win it. Because if we don't believe then there is no point of watching the lakers in the playoffs. I still believe we can make history. Become the lowest seeded team to ever win the championship. Records are meant to be broken. Now if we happen to become the 6th seed, we will tie as the lowest seed to win it all in NBA history but still a satisfying accomplishment.
There are two ways the Lakers can make history this season. One is to miss the playoffs and become the only labeled "super team" to do so. Or the other way is to win it all becoming the lowest seed to do so. I am shooting for the second one.
If Kobe Bryant believe he can win it all this year, why not the fans who root for him?
Edited by epicwolf, March 13, 2013 - 09:28 AM.