LA Lakers at Atlanta

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#601 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,133 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:26 PM

Missed opportunity. Really hurts. That's why last night's win was crucial. That's also why you have to take every team seriously despite who they may be missing. We didn't take them serious enough bottom line. Hopefully they'll do better at Indiana. 

That's a really big "hopefully", for me at least lol. Indy is pretty damn good at home.

#602 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:29 PM

That's a really big "hopefully", for me at least lol. Indy is pretty damn good at home.

Right. But you would have to assume our guys will be more focused for that game considering the opponent, 2nd best defensive team in the league, etc, as opposed to tonight when the Hawks were missing three key players so the Lakers said well [expletive] it we'll win anyways. Of course you can never assume with these guys  :laughing: You just gotta hope lol.

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 13, 2013 - 06:29 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#603 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,380 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:30 PM

Utah holds the tie breaker. Lets remember that.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#604 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:32 PM

I just hope Kobe isn't run into the ground before the postseason begins. Injuries are always a concern, especially when players are tired. Not really referring to tonight (that was more a dirty move by Jones than anything), but you can see the fatigue in the last few games. Makes sense considering the fact that he's had to play 10x harder to close out games due to our coach spotting the opposition a dozen points almost every game.

#605 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

No need to complain about refs, again its us diggin ourselves a big hole, somehow getting out of it but not having enough energy or luck to finish out the game. it would be a great win but we just didnt have the intensity for like 45 minutes and the run we had that gave us the 5 point lead was not enough. and oh here is a quick hint Mike, you throw the ball down low and use some clock when you are up 5 in 4th. and we can not have Mwp jack up 15 shots every single night.

Some fans are the ultimate material for other fanbases fan reactions thread. BUT that was a clear foul that would have been called earlier in the game. Yet refs are the last to blame, loosing to a team that misses 3 starters is just unacceptable. Keep shooting threes when you are up 5 guys!

#606 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,393 posts

Utah holds the tie breaker. Lets remember that.

We know. That's why we can't afford to [expletive] around. It's a tough loss tonight but you just gotta move on. If we focus the way we need to the rest of the season we will be in the playoffs. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#607 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,513 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:35 PM

I just hope Kobe isn't run into the ground before the postseason begins. Injuries are always a concern, especially when players are tired. Not really referring to tonight (that was more a dirty move by Jones than anything), but you can see the fatigue in the last few games. Makes sense considering the fact that he's had to play 10x harder to close out games due to our coach spotting the opposition a dozen points almost every game.

Not just tired.  Tired and old.  Combination= higher chance of injuries.  Sorry, dont agree on the dirty play comment.  I did not see the replay but it looked like he was just trying to play aggressive defense.  He fouled but it was not dirty.

Debbie Downer

#608 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,393 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:37 PM

Not just tired.  Tired and old.  Combination= higher chance of injuries.  Sorry, dont agree on the dirty play comment.  I did not see the replay but it looked like he was just trying to play aggressive defense.  He fouled but it was not dirty.

Don't assume that. He's had history with Kobe, intentionally tripping him in the '09 WCF when he was on Denver.

#609 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,513 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:38 PM

Kone out indefinitely with a severe sprain.  Not surprised and pissed all at the same time.  You cant ride the war horse this hard this long and not pay the price.

Debbie Downer

#610 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,513 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:39 PM

Don't assume that. He's had history with Kobe, intentionally tripping him in the '09 WCF when he was on Denver.

Didnt know that.  I want to see the replay.  It didnt jump put at me as a dirty play when I saw it in real time.

Debbie Downer

#611 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Atlanta without Smith are actually better imo. He was like their own MWP with the way he kills their offense and flow.

#612 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:51 PM

Even with Jones' history in the WCF, i don't think the final play was dirty at all. It was a borderline foul that could have gone either way.

#613 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,465 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Atlanta without Smith are actually better imo. He was like their own MWP with the way he kills their offense and flow.

Smith and Rudy Gay could have a close competition for most overrated star in the game.

#614 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,211 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Even with Jones' history in the WCF, i don't think the final play was dirty at all. It was a borderline foul that could have gone either way.

dahngay jones is a dirty player with a big suitcase collection he's been Traded so much!

http://youtu.be/vvAwee29NHo

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#615 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,393 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:20 PM

A borderline foul that could have gone either way? Are you really trying to say it's possible that it could have been called an offensive foul? 

#616 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,930 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:16 PM

A borderline foul that could have gone either way? Are you really trying to say it's possible that it could have been called an offensive foul? 

Not at all. I meant it was a close play that I wasn't surprised that the refs didn't call.

You have to realize when I posted that I had yet to see the replay. It DEFINITELY was a foul, he walked under him. I won't call it dirty, because it's impossible to judge the intent, but it was a very, very unsafe play and it was a foul.

#617 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,736 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:47 PM

One thing I liked was when the crowd was cheering "defense!" while the Lakers were defending and "Let's go Lakers!" on offense. And Kobe got mvp chants as usual. Staples Center 2.0  :laughing:

#618 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 04:50 PM

this is crazy lmao

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#619 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan