Photo

Dwight with a great game in Orlando

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:36 PM

I think Howard might develop i don't give a ... personality. I think he should.

You mean kinda like a Kobe-like personality in other words? That would be great for us.

yo.

#22 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,046 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Kobe is a psychopath.

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Exactly and that's why he is who he is. If LeBron were one himself, he'd be that much more dominant, but it looks like he might not ever develop that mentality to that magnitude.

yo.

#24 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,046 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Well everyone has his own way of winning. I like kobe's cause he's fearless, he do what he wants, sometimes it didn't help the team but it helped when it matters...

I'm more exicited to see LeBron 3 years from now. He might keep up the Assists and Rebounding but would score less, would drive to the basket less. It would be interesting to see him adjust his game.

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm more exicited to see LeBron 3 years from now. He might keep up the Assists and Rebounding but would score less, would drive to the basket less. It would be interesting to see him adjust his game.

I agree, although I'm more curious than excited.

yo.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,073 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:21 PM

One other thing, Dwights teammates also seemed to help take some of the stress and pressure off his visit. Look at this pre-game interview, MWP comes over in the middle of it to lighten the mood.

Stuff like that can make an otherwise stressful trip, enjoyable.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#27 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm glad Howard is showing up at the right time in the season...There were points in the season where I could not stand him. I would have been glad if we would have traded him because I was certain he could not turn it around. I'm so happy he shut me up and is finally playing like a true All-Star.

#28 211275

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:16 PM

Great game but the fact that he has been so average and all of the sudden shows up huge against his old team is rather concerning. Its quite obvious he is capable of much bigger efforts than he has been giving the Lakers. Where has this effort been the last 60 games? 

#29 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,264 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Glen Rice

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:18 PM

^^ he has been getting a lot healthier. I think that has a lot, if not all, to do with it.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#30 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Great game but the fact that he has been so average and all of the sudden shows up huge against his old team is rather concerning. Its quite obvious he is capable of much bigger efforts than he has been giving the Lakers. Where has this effort been the last 60 games? 

He's been pretty consistent during this recent run with multiple double-double games, its just that Kobe and Nash gave him the driver's seat for tonight so thats why he "all of a sudden showed up".

BTW I still remember you saying a while ago the Clippers were your new favorite team.

#31 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:42 PM

During the allstar game, I talked so much [expletive] about Howard because he was pissing me off. He is proving me wrong and I love it. I love this Dwight Howard. I hope he sticks around.

To Live and Die in L.A

#32 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Anybody notice he's not getting stripped anymore, hes not fumbling passes away and now catching them in traffic. More importantly you can see him and Kobe on the same page they're finding each other, before Kobe would throw passes and it would bounce off Dwight's back as he'd be unaware of the pass. More time playing together has made them comfortable and in synch. Good signs

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#33 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,046 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:12 PM

^ Or you mean Dwight made some adjustments to his game to complement kobe's. Before it was my turn, your turn. And what happening now is that Howard is getting his buckets in PnR, and it mostly has to do with kobe because he takes the defense attention, which leads to more easy buckets for Dwight and less turnovers.. Thats why or lets say its one of the reason i think made Howard accept Kobe being Kobe. Since it works go with it.

Dwight still needs to improve his offense game, he's missing and1 and missing post moves.

#34 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,537 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Dwight has moves.

Edited by Chad, March 13, 2013 - 12:20 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#35 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 12:13 AM

^^ he has been getting a lot healthier. I think that has a lot, if not all, to do with it.

I think the fact that Dwight hasn't been, and likely still isnt, completely healthy is lost to a lot of people.

People forget his original prognosis was to come back at around the all star game.

Here's a great interview I just found that was done after the bulls game. It provides some great insight on the extent of his injury (it's towards the middle of the interview).

http://m.usatoday.co...ViewMode=single

To go from back surgery to 5 months of rest (no working out, running, jumping, etc.), to only ONE MONTH of rehab before playing basketball is [expletive]ing remarkable.

Edited by androsays, March 13, 2013 - 12:31 AM.

2div

#36 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:40 AM

http://blog.lakers.c...ding-into-form/

“He looked like Dwight that dominated the league the past few seasons,” Magic center Nikola Vucevic acknowledged postgame.

That much is evident as the three-time Defensive Player of the Year is averaging 24.8 points, 16.3 rebounds, 4.0 blocks and 2.0 steals in the last four games – all Laker wins. He’s also grabbed at least 12 boards in 11 straight games, the second longest streak of his career.

Since the All-Star break, L.A. has won nine of 11 games. In those victories, the purple and gold have posted a defensive efficiency of 99.6, which would rank ninth in the NBA. A key reason for their recent turnaround has been the play of Howard, and Kobe Bryant acknowledged as much.

“A lot of it starts with Dwight – him just buying into what we need him to do and just excelling at it,” he said. “His game just has been absolutely on point.”

Howard also allowed that he’s feeling much better, knowing full well he can impact a game despite not being 100 percent. Still less than a year removed from back surgery, he’s moving increasingly better.

“I’ve been better than I’ve been all season,” he said in late February. “I knew it’d be a process. The better shape I’m in, the more stuff I’m able to do on the floor and be more active.”

In the last week, he’s made his imprint in more ways than one. He keyed the Lakers comeback victory at New Orleans last Wednesday, anchoring a defense that held the Hornets scoreless for the final 6:47. In Sunday’s victory vs. Chicago, he pulled down 21 rebounds.

“(Howard) just dominated the paint with shot blocking, rebounding and physicality,” said Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, whose team managed just 81 points on 37.1 percent field goals. “That set the tone for the rest of the game.”

Keyed by Howard’s impact on defense, the Lakers now sit in the No. 8 spot at 34-31, a half-game ahead of Utah and just a half-game behind Houston for the No. 7 seed. More than just Howard, though, the team has long recognized that this season would be a process. Steve Nash cited “timing” as a reason why L.A. has started to click.

Bryant is pleased that his teammates, and Howard specifically, have embraced what they need to do to be successful.

“I think we found a rhythm,” Bryant said. “We found our roles. Everything is just kind of fitting together right now. We’re playing exceptional basketball.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,073 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's nice to see it all falling into place now :)

But we do have to win today to get some cushion on Utah and if Houston loses we get the 7th seed which is even better. So winning today could be vital, we ain't won in the "highlight factory" in a while. So it will be a rough game.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#38 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2013 - 12:04 PM

You mean kinda like a Kobe-like personality in other words? That would be great for us.

Won't happen. 

Dwight will always care what people think about him to some degree, because he wants to be liked. Just who he is. 

Whoever said Kobe is a psychopath is right lol. Dwight isn't. 

#39 211275

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:16 PM

....and we are back to garbage Dwight 24 hours later. Should have traded him while they could have, pathetic. 

#40 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:32 AM

....and we are back to garbage Dwight 24 hours later. Should have traded him while they could have, pathetic. 

haha

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users