A couple questions about D12's black shirt he wears under his jersey

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,453 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 11, 2013 - 11:02 AM

Why does he wear it?
Is it something to do with the back surgery and/or shoulder rehab?

Did he have to get NBA approval to wear it?
Does it restrict motion at all?

Just wondering.  :hmm:

188809_10152689861640341_208788833_n.jpg

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted March 11, 2013 - 11:05 AM

Why does he wear it?
Is it something to do with the back surgery and/or shoulder rehab?

Did he have to get NBA approval to wear it?
Does it restrict motion at all?

Just wondering.  :hmm:

Howard said Posture Shirt, manufactured by Santa Ana-based company Alignmed, has played a large part in ensuring his surgically repaired back and aggravated labrum in his right shoulder heal properly.

"The Posture Shirt helps my back and keeps everything aligned," he said. "It helps my shoulders with that, too."

http://www.dailynews...-howard-covered

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,401 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2013 - 11:05 AM

If you thought that the compression shirt Dwight Howard has been wearing under his Lakers uniform these days was just another accessory like the arm sleeves and headband he wore earlier in the season or a way to accentuate his shoulder muscles for the cameras, think again. 

Howard has been wearing a Posture Shirt for the last 11 games and hasn't missed any playing time because of the torn labrum in his right shoulder since putting it on. 

"It’s been doing a pretty good job of keeping everything straight as far as my back and my shoulder, making sure that everything is inline," Howard said recently. "A lot of people think that it’s just a regular Polo T, but it’s not. It’s a shirt that was made strictly for posture and making sure the scapula and everything stay straight." 

Howard aggravated his shoulder in the first quarter of the Lakers' 122-105 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday but was able to play the rest of the game as well as the next day against New Orleans in part because of the garment. 

"Anybody who has had a torn labrum knows that it’s not something that you feel all the time," Howard said last week. "It’s not something that just bothers you while you’re walking or you’re working out. There’s moments where it feels really good and then once someone pulls you or hits you in the wrong position, that’s when sometimes everything in your arm goes numb. It just depends." 

The Lakers had to receive permission from the league for Howard to wear the shirt as part of his uniform and it was approved because it is considered a medical device. 

"We’ve had them in the locker room all year, but nobody is using them and I just started to wear it and actually felt a lot better," Howard said after shootaround Friday.

http://espn.go.com/b...ion-not-fashion

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 11, 2013 - 11:06 AM

He's signaling to all of us that he wants to play for the Brooklyn Nets or San Antonio Spurs next season.

It's for his torn labrum, a compression shirt...called a posture shirt.  Helps with alignment.  And yes, he needed league approval.

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,453 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 11, 2013 - 11:10 AM

He's signaling to all of us that he wants to play for the Brooklyn Nets or San Antonio Spurs next season.

It's for his torn labrum, a compression shirt...called a posture shirt.  Helps with alignment.  And yes, he needed league approval.

hahah.

OK I'd +1 all the answers above but I ran out of supply again today. Thanks peeps. I didnt even know they made a "compression/posture shirt"

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 11, 2013 - 11:11 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 11, 2013 - 02:26 PM

not sure how much it really aids him cuz he still taking same type of intentional hits from opposing teams. he is now just playing thru them.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users