29 replies to this topic

#1 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:30 PM

What the hell is wrong with Mike? Meeks was getting obliterated throughout the 4th through the same [expletive]ing play and Mike didn't even bother to make defensive adjustments!

#2 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:33 PM

Please stop

#3 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,181 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:33 PM

Most likely to spread floor...but it's MDA. he doesn't preach defense, prob doesnt mind Meeks getting obliterated..

#4 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah that was really the obvious call to take Jodie out. I am not a MDA hater, neither was i Mike Brown hater. But leaving Jodie on the floor hurts the team both defensively and offensively. The raptors just toyed with him and whoever he defends bam he gooes to the basket or posts him up. That ruined his confidence. Saw that three he missed? he was WIDE open. So yeah it was really dumb of MDA to leave him. I think he was mad at Earl and didn't go back to him after early 4th.

Edited by nikolatesla, March 08, 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#5 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,181 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Damn..Kobe did so much to help us, sucks that he can never get rest during games..

#6 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:38 PM

As far as I'm concerned, the Lakers beat the Raptors AND MDA 4v6

#7 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Most likely to spread floor...but it's MDA. he doesn't preach defense, prob doesnt mind Meeks getting obliterated..

This

MD = OFFENSE > Defense

33bkfif.jpg

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,229 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Thankfully torontos coach was as bad as mike

Derozen was on fire and only his coach could stop him

#9 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:41 PM

His gameplan is to play Kobe 45+ minutes a night, not call a timeout until we fall back by 15+, and bring out lineups of Blake/Meeks/Clark/Jamison with either Kobe or Dwight on the floor. Oh, and give Nash an extra long rest while riding Kobe to the point of exhaustion. Because that's totally why we traded for him last summer.

#10 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,830 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 08, 2013 - 11:28 PM

The Lakers win despite the fool on their bench wearing a suit.  His team consistently give up way too many points and they have to play catch up the rest of the game.  MDA is incapable of making defensive adjustments or coming up with defensive schemes.  The only thing that has saved the Lakers is Kobe having an amazing year.  When they can barely beat garbage teams at home and trail essentially the whole way, this should point out just how inept MDA is.  Meeks gets destroyed and stays in the game?  The other team consistently shoots high percentages, while the lakers shoot a disproportionate number of three and suffer from an anemic 40 something percentage. MDA has to overplay his starters just to win games.  The sooner that MDA is gone, the better the chances look next year.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,191 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:12 AM

Game tying three in overtime by Nash was a drawn up D'antoni play btw.

But we get it, you hate D'antoni, you're forever kept up at night under your shrine of Phil Jackson that he isn't the coach. And no matter what success the Lakers have you will never give any credit to the coach unless we lose and will find every reason to bash him for a win. We get it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#12 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,830 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:25 AM

Don't hate MDA. Think he isn't nearly an acceptable coach for this team. I think that he is not suited for this roster, and doesn't play to its strengths. Sorry that I am not in agreement with you on this, but I guess we can agree to have a difference of opinion. The Internet, and this forum, probably serve as an outlet for my frustration is seeing a miraculous season by my favorite player almost being wasted. Maybe I am tired of seeing bad teams push the lakers to the edge and good teams destroy them. I merely believe that hirinng a guy who has had declining success in the league with this team isn't the best choice.

Edited by RonRonshandles, March 09, 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#13 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:27 AM

But we get it, you hate D'antoni, you're forever kept up at night under your shrine of Phil Jackson that he isn't the coach. And no matter what success the Lakers have you will never give any credit to the coach unless we lose and will find every reason to bash him for a win. We get it.

yeah...because phil jackson actually knew how to coach both sides of the floor. we're not talking necessarily about his play on the offense. the fact that he doesn't know [expletive] about defensive rotations and schemes are what tick me off.

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:29 AM

https://twitter.com/...302089379205121

For all the grief MDA gets, he rode his hot lineup tonight to a win. 19 minutes of Nash/Meeks/Kobe/Ron/Dwight: OEff of 120.4, DEff of 101.2

https://twitter.com/...305282804809729

Getting a lot of "Meeks was bad on D comments". Okay. Lineup w/ Clark instead of Meeks played 10 minutes: DEff of 133.3. Just saying.

9 out of 10 times I'd prefer Clark over Meeks on D but not tonight, Earl had nothing going for him so good on MDA to stick with that lineup

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:34 AM

:clap2:

Basic play.  Any NBA coach should have been able to draw that up.  

My question is, what else does Mike D'Antoni tell them to do for the other 47 minutes and 36 seconds?

He is a bad coach that only knows how to coach one style of play, and has no idea how to teach defense or install a system.  It has been proven throughout his entire career, and this year marked just another season of it.

Most all credit for those Suns teams should go to Nash, and D'Antoni will forever be in debt to Steve Nash for what he has done to propel Mike's coaching career.

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Kobe, Dwight, and Ron decided to turn up defensive intensity when the game started to look bad.  That doesn't mean Meeks contributed on the defensive end.

Dennis Rodman played in lineups with Michael Jordan...and those lineups were incredibly good on offense.  INCREDIBLE.  That never meant that Rodman had a hand in that.

Meeks was a liability on the defensive end.  It just so happens that he was on the floor when we were in desperation mode, and while the big three carried this team with basically NO help from anyone else.

If we want to discuss five-man units, let's bring +/- stats into the equation.

Kobe: 0

Meeks: -8

Artest: +11

Blake: +3

I won't continue to explain why five-man unit statistics are the absolute worst you can read off.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,191 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Yes. But will give credit where it's due.

And while I agree with you in the other thread about Meeks playing instead of Clark down the stretch, in the end it paid off, as Meeks hit a timely 3 got a timely steal to a layup which helped us tremendously, we were also better defensively(by the number) with the lineup he was in with us than Clark(who was having another off night)

So where I don't agree, I will say that it worked tonight. I could pick apart all the other mistakes he did and he did make a lot but at the end of the day keeping Meeks in and running a play for Nash(while Kobe was hot) helped us win the game. I can speculate and probably be right about what was more effective, but at the end of the day Meeks did get scored but Meeks made key plays down the stretch, Clark could have hustled, but was having an awful game. At the end of the day if DKantoni only rolled the dice on two things that worked he shall get credit for them.

I am sure you can handle pointing out the 97 things he got wrong while I point out the 2 he got right :P

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#18 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:43 AM

clark was doing just as bad on defense

#19 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:48 AM

Kobe, Dwight, and Ron decided to turn up defensive intensity when the game started to look bad.  That doesn't mean Meeks contributed on the defensive end.

Dennis Rodman played in lineups with Michael Jordan...and those lineups were incredibly good on offense.  INCREDIBLE.  That never meant that Rodman had a hand in that.

Meeks was a liability on the defensive end.  It just so happens that he was on the floor when we were in desperation mode, and while the big three carried this team with basically NO help from anyone else.

If we want to discuss five-man units, let's bring +/- stats into the equation.

Kobe: 0

Meeks: -8

Artest: +11

Blake: +3

I won't continue to explain why five-man unit statistics are the absolute worst you can read off.

At least Meeks was competing hard today, he either fouled guys or made Derozan or Anderson take turnaround jumpshots or hook shots,  Clark was giving up layup after layup and was making really bad rotations while coming off screens.

Like I said 9 out of 10 times Id rather have Clark on D than Meeks but today was that 1 night where Meeks looked better. It wasn't ideal but it was the lesser of the two poisons for tonight

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#20 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:49 AM

As mentioned above, Clark was really bad tonight and he continues in his slump. 

Jodie will shoot the ball and he's not scared of doing that, you play percentages, Jodie would've hit a clutch three.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users