Photo

Opponents Asking Avery Bradley To Ease Up Defensively

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 08:51 PM

http://blacksportson...-up-on-defense/

Boston Celtics second year guard Avery Bradley is an absolute beast on defense and drives opposing guards crazy when they play against him.

Bradley took a scorching Stephen Curry and hounded him into a miserable 6-22 shooting performance, right after Curry lit up the New York Knicks in Madison Square Garden for 54 points.

Bradley only has one goal when he takes the basketball court.

“I want to shut down everybody, every single night,” he said.

Bradley is such a pest on defensive, that according to The Big Lead, opposing guards have either complained or asked Bradley to ease up on them defensively.

Bradley’s back court mate Courtney Lee posted a tweet on Wednesday, that suggest that 76ers guard Jrue Holiday, jokingly or not, asked Bradley to ease up some.

courtney-lee-avery-bradley.jpg

Celtics life also reported that back in January, Jameer Nelson who is as tough as they come, reportedly asked Bradley to ease off the gas as well.

According to Bradley, Nelson begged him to back off: “I looked at him and he kept telling me throughout the game… ‘don’t pick me up.’ And that’s when I knew that if I brought pressure, he didn’t want nothing to do with it.”

Keep in mind that Nelson is a seasoned veteran and a former NBA All-Star, and he is complaining to a 2nd-year back-up point guard who barely got any playing time in his rookie season. Listen to more quotes from Avery’s interview and watch highlights from the Bradley-Nelson match-up in the video above.

Avery went on to tell the media that “It got to a point where he didn’t want to bring the ball up… That’s when I knew I was having an effect.” And apparently this isn’t the first time Bradley has frustrated his opponents. “I can tell (when they get frustrated). Sometimes they talk to me… They’ll say you can get back a little bit, you don’t have to pick me up all the time, and when they start talking to me like that, that’s when I know I’ve got them… Everybody says it to me – everybody. I just laugh. I might just look at them, I’m going to keep coming all of the time.”

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2013 - 09:11 PM

lol play better offense then retards.

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 09:15 PM

^ My thoughts exactly. I know where he's coming from though. I frustrate guys a lot myself. I always take extreme pride on defense. A guy scoring on me to me is almost personal.

yo.

#4 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 08, 2013 - 09:33 PM

^ My thoughts exactly. I know where he's coming from though. I frustrate guys a lot myself. I always take extreme pride on defense. A guy scoring on me to me is almost personal.

these guys need to man up. this is equivalent to saying kobe should be less dominant offensively.

#5 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,528 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted March 08, 2013 - 09:42 PM

I [expletive]ing hate those guys that stick to you when you play ball! damn! happens to me allllll the time!!! I end up shoving em n [expletive]

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 09:44 PM

Can't be mad at great defense my friend unless it's obvious you're being fouled or a line is being crossed. If you're constantly being denied however and you're being defended within the confines of the game, can't be mad at it. You've gotta' respect that. You should always relish challenges. The more competitive the better.

Try & find other ways to be effective & have an impact on the game if you have to.

Edited by    , March 08, 2013 - 09:47 PM.

yo.

#7 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,395 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Love it

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#8 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,052 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted March 09, 2013 - 01:56 AM

That is how you play great defense

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,874 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 09, 2013 - 02:00 AM

He's the younger version of Tony Allen, defensively.

#10 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 09, 2013 - 02:21 AM

Lol I remember when someone was arguing with me on another board about how this guy wasn't a top 15 perimeter defender (and Earl Clark was for that matter), then the next day he proceded to D up Steve Nash pretty well. This guy's good, I saw it last year especially with how the Celtics missed him in the playoffs. If only some of the Laker players took pride in their defense like him. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, March 09, 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#11 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,534 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:41 PM

I [expletive]ing hate those guys that stick to you when you play ball! damn! happens to me allllll the time!!! I end up shoving em n [expletive]

lol i love doin that in pickup games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users