24 replies to this topic

#21 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 24, 2013 - 01:40 PM

@Lakerace24, that's what broke people with no money/fame say.It goes both ways. I'm not gonna bash a celebrity like i'm better than them, then get mad because people render my opinion as jealous. What should we go by? Giving to charity? Working hard? Getting an education? Checks down the line for Beiber imo. I'm no Beiber fan, hell i'm not even saying your opinionis wrong, you may be right, but then again, you could be the farthest thing from the truth too. That logic you used is not very good. It makes you seem like a condescending Narcissus. Which is just as bad as a "individual who use money and celebrity stature to validate an opinion". If not worst.

#22 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 24, 2013 - 08:55 PM

@Lakerace24, that's what broke people with no money/fame say.It goes both ways. I'm not gonna bash a celebrity like i'm better than them, then get mad because people render my opinion as jealous. What should we go by? Giving to charity? Working hard? Getting an education? Checks down the line for Beiber imo. I'm no Beiber fan, hell i'm not even saying your opinionis wrong, you may be right, but then again, you could be the farthest thing from the truth too. That logic you used is not very good. It makes you seem like a condescending Narcissus. Which is just as bad as a "individual who use money and celebrity stature to validate an opinion". If not worst.

1. If you think that's what broke people with no money/fame say, than you're just as bad off as Flocka. Anyone that does not value what a person has to say because of financials, social stature, etc.. is a tool. That's why I responded.

2. I didn't bash a celebrity, saying he's a disappointment isn't bashing him. He's a hell of a talent, whats disappointing is the way he carries himself these days. 

3. Flocka didn't render my opinion as jealous, I can tell you didn't read that right. "You don't get to talk bad about a person if they're making more money than you"- That's the gist of what Flocka said, nothing more.

I'm not so sure you really understood the entire exchange. I don't value a person's opinion based off of money or fame. I base it off their experience, character, morals, expertise, etc..

What about you?

Edited by Lakerace24, March 24, 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#23 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 24, 2013 - 11:32 PM

All i'm saying is no ones perfect. For all we know you could be a killer or something. These celebrities live under a microscope. Their every move is documented, and criticised. They are humans. I get what your saying, I just hope you understand where i'm coming from. It's easy for us to sit behind our computers and analyze these people's mistakes and flaws, but to act as if you don't have a single character flaw, that to me just come off as a Narcissus. Not saying you are. I agree with what you said to judge people by, and I in no way agree with Flocka. I just thought your comment came off as slightly condescending. You don't know how these celebrities are at home, you can't base who they really are off what the media says/reports.

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Having an ego isn't the problem, it's this facade he's putting up of being hard. Dude has been in the limelight since he's been like what 10? 12? He probably can't even comprehend the word tough.

This generations stars (and even more worrisome, the kids growing up idolizing these idiots) are really works of art. I wouldnt be suprised if bieber makes the news for slapping up his next girl ala Chris Brown. Usher or JT never went through [expletive] like this, they had squeaky clean reps, and when it was time for them to make that adult transition, they started being adults in their MUSIC, not showing off in public how big of a man they were.

chris brown and JB are different cases IMO. JB is an egomaniac, breezy is just F'ed up in the head. JT and Usher are just different people. i don't think it's this generation, it's just different people. different families, different mindsets. there are plenty of artists in every medium of this upcoming generation that are perfectly fine role models, just like JT and Usher had plenty of peers who were sociopaths.

there will always be both ends of the spectrum regardless of generation

Posted Image

#25 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'd bet $1000 I could kick a 10 yard Field Goal with Justin Bieber subbing as the football.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 26, 2013 - 02:47 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users