Photo

Jamison reflects on the season

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 07, 2013 - 03:23 PM

http://www.ocregiste...mison-time.html

"I came here to win and do whatever it took," Jamison said. "All around it's a different scenario. We got the mindset that we'd eventually win 8-9 games in a row. It never got to that point."

"It's been our chemistry, and we'll still trying to get it," Jamison said. "Steve (Nash) is playing off the ball sometimes, Kobe is dealing with Steve, Dwight is dealing with another scorer (Pau Gasol), it's time to get Pau involved, Pau gets hurt, Jordan (Hill) gets hurt ... It's definitely been a whirlwind.

"We knew it was going to take time, but in this day we don't practice patience. We don't have time for it. That was the case here. In all honesty, we wanted things to click right away and it didn't. So we had to practice what we preached. That was the most important thing, being patient. Playing for the Lakers, that's unheard of."

mjb8kg-b781075663z.120130307134319000g67

So was the idea of Jamison sitting every minute of six consecutive games, in December, as Mike D'Antoni, hired on Nov. 12, held auditions in real time.

"People kept asking what was going on and I had no idea," he said. "Mike and I talked. He liked the way Metta (World Peace) was playing at the 4 spot.

"It was difficult but since then, we've had a revolving door, Mike and I always talking with each other. It broke the ice. It's been different, dealing with three different coaches. Mike Brown had a way he wanted us to play, Bernie Bickerstaff said, hey, ya'll just play. And now D'Antoni has his sytem. But he's not running it anymore. He definitely had to adjust to us.

It is abundantly clear that Howard and Gasol are incompatible, that the Lakers function better with Jamison and Earl Clark at the 4. With Gasol injured, D'Antoni has pared his bench so that Jamison, Meeks and Steve Blake know when, and for how long, they will play.

"Instead of being worried that you're going to play only 10 minutes and you have to force things, you can let it happen," Jamison said.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,856 posts

Posted March 07, 2013 - 09:09 PM

And now D'Antoni has his sytem. But he's not running it anymore. He definitely had to adjust to us.

Both players and coach staff are getting to a reaching point. Thats what was expected to happen to be honest since Mike Antoni's system was never the right fit.

When i read about kobe/dwight and now Jamison, if i have no clue in what month we are in, i'd say its may.. Lots of work are ahead of them, but if this is a true baseline to an upcoming success then yeah its nice to hear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users