#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Nash's thoughts on spacing

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

Earlier this week, Steve Nash laid out how interconnected each man on the floor is on pick-and-roll sets.

His answers were prompted when I asked him if the screens Dwight Howard sets need to be different for him and for Kobe

"I don't think it's the types of picks, I think it's more where he's going to get the ball. What his next move is after setting a good pick. It's really multi-faceted. You can't really narrow it down. It's a commitment from both players, and all five players involved to do their part in making it successful. If a guy is supposed to be spacing the floor in the corner and he creeps up five or six feet and allows his defender to hang around, it congests things. Even as far as the guys standing in the corner have got a job to do in spacing the floor. So I think it's really something we have to get a feel for one another as far as me and Dwight and Kobe and Dwight, but it's also something I think we need to get a feel as five guys, trying to figure out how we can make them pay.

But it really isn't a matter of "Go set a pick." There's a read involved. Multiple reads.

"That's one part of it. Each of us have different reads. The corner guy has got to make sure he's in the corner, and if his man helps then he can slide into an open area. The point guard obviously has got to try and get his man off the screen and create pressure on the defense to make a decision, and the big's got to run into the screen, set a good screen, and roll down the paint and draw attention. There's lots of different things going on there."

He has said you want him out of that screen as fast as he can.

"Eventually, yeah. I think once he feels better. The quicker the better. But right now, he's done a better job lately. He's been really freeing me up for jump shots and penetration. I think that's difficult for the defense. The more he does that, the better we are offensively and the harder we are to play against."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 07, 2013 - 03:10 PM

Nash pretty much echoing truth here and since that sitdown with Dwight the pick and roll game when they'd use it has been MUCH better and Dwight was even going out to set picks for Kobe too as opposed to only setting picks for Nash and standing to the side when Kobe iso's.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,806 posts

Posted March 07, 2013 - 09:40 PM

^ Yeah coz Kobe shouts at him when he comes without kobe's call.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users