#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,599 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 07, 2013 - 04:33 AM

While this may not be too much of a shock to people as Dwight has been finding chemistry with Nash since the all_star break and a little before it seems like he is also starting to find chemistry with Kobe.

Now this is more than just seeming more together on the court

KEVIN DING @KevinDing
Dwight reaches out to slap Kobe's hand. Kobe smiles and says: "Absolutely."

And it's more than just the coach clamoring over it

KEVIN DING @KevinDing
Mike D'Antoni said Kobe and Dwight playing like that was what everyone envisioned this to be. #Lakers

And it's more than teammates Nash and Kobe raving over Dwight taking over the game along with Kobe

KEVIN DING @KevinDing
Kobe raved about Dwight deciding to dominate tonight and said it wasn't Dwight just following Kobe. Nash was "extremely proud" of Dwight.

Their chemistry has broken down to strategizing together. Amidst all the other happenings going on Kobe gave the credit to Dwight for pointing out openings when they'd have a moment to chat with each other and re-assuring Bryant that if he got to the lane that he(Dwight) would ensure nobody stopped him.

KEVIN DING @KevinDing
Dwight actually counseled Kobe to attack Lopez in 4Q, telling Kobe he was going to hold Kobe's man via screen. Kobe: "He saw something."

This...is vital information. Here we have Dwight working together with Kobe and understanding the role in that scenario, it was a two man plan between Dwight and Kobe that Dwight was going to keep Lopez off him and as Kobe put it, it was Dwight's idea and Dwight reassured him Lopez wouldn't be a problem.

This is about Dwight Howard doing what was necessary to get Kobe his closing shots, this was Kobe and Dwight working together and talking in a similar fashion that Kobe and Shaq used to talk. This wasn't "Dwight doing his job." As his role was specified till now THIS is Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant actively working together to dominate and work through each other to do it.

This is what the Lakers fans envisioned and this is what will have to keep happening if the Lakers are going to contend.

The memories of the conversations Shaq and Kobe would have away from huddles when they'd be formulating their own plan, whether Kobe talked about where he was intending on finding him or Shaq reassuring Kobe that he "had his back" in the post are still fresh in Lakers fans minds.

What made that work is it wasn't Kobe following Shaq or Shaq following Kobe, it was two dominant forces working off one another to dominate together and tonight Kobe Bryant got a glimpse of that chemistry tonight and was glad he had.

Could this just be a one game thing? Maybe. Could this be a turning point of chemistry for the both of them together? Maybe. But the reality is it happened, and if it happened for one night and Kobe praised it, rest assured that Kobe expects it now and going forward in the future. It is up to Dwight to ensure that happens.

One thing is definitely for sure, if and when Dwight and Kobe learn how to dominate together as oppose to dominate apart, the Lakers whether it be 6th, 7th or 8th spot, will be a problem for either team.

It wasn't just Dwight watching Kobe dominate while "doing his job" as if he was a spoke on the wheel, it was Dwight helping Kobe dominate and Kobe returning the favor. And both working together inside huddles and within their own personal ones, as if they were BOTH leaders of this team and it's direction.

And according to Kobe, nights like this and moments like that are EXACTLY what make their bond that much stronger and as a team brings them all together.

"Games like this really strengthen the bond between us players. And that’s really what the playoffs are about: When you have adversity, it’s about who’s going to stick together and who’s not going to break. Even though we played a team that has not the best record in the world, I think this type of win really strengthens our bond."

And about him and Dwight finally finding each other?

"We really complemented each other extremely well and played to each other's strengths," Bryant said

And all I can say, is it's about darn time! :)

Edited by Majesty, March 07, 2013 - 04:58 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,760 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2013 - 05:13 AM

I'm glad this 2 morons are working together instead of backstabbing each other.

33bkfif.jpg

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,232 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted March 07, 2013 - 05:16 AM

Great post, you can tell their chemistry is getting better between the two. 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,493 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 07, 2013 - 05:31 AM

hahaha. thats funny awesome

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 07, 2013 - 07:50 AM

Reaching after 1 gm again smfh
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#6 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 07, 2013 - 08:37 AM

As much as I want to say great post, I think it is a bit overzealous...

#7 kfreud

kfreud

Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted March 07, 2013 - 08:52 AM

#dominatedominating

Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#8 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2013 - 09:44 AM

Great win, good chemistry at the end.  The Lakers being down that much and storming back against anyone, even a great college team, let alone a terrible pro team is absolutely ridiculous.  If they do it a couple more times against some real competition, I will be a believer, until then, I remain cautiously optimistic. There is the skeleton of a good team, and at points, you get to see it, but they really need to be consistent on both ends for entire games or the bulk of games to play with the elite, one good 7 minute stretch isn't gonna cut it against the elite teams. 

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 07, 2013 - 09:51 AM

Kobe and Dwight have been good since the start. remember Dwight's number before MDA came, or before Nash got healthy?

What won us that game was Metta and Meeks hitting their open shots..just like against OKC where STEVE NASH misses an OPEN 3 point shot and Serge Ibaka hits one...role players HAVE to hit big shots

#10 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted March 07, 2013 - 10:27 AM

Lol 1 game

To Live and Die in L.A

#11 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,821 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 07, 2013 - 10:38 AM

The Kobe-Dwight 2 man game last night was the best I've seen all year long. Hopefully it's a preview of things to come and not just a flash in the pan.

#12 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 07, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Reaching after 1 gm again smfh

But the season just started (sarcastic voice)

#13 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,697 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 07, 2013 - 10:52 AM

yeah against a hornets team...

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 07, 2013 - 10:54 AM

When Mike Brown was here Kobe and Dwight were both playing at an ELITE level. It was a slow game, and the bench got zero production but those two were amazing

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,599 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 07, 2013 - 11:09 AM

The Kobe-Dwight 2 man game last night was the best I've seen all year long. Hopefully it's a preview of things to come and not just a flash in the pan.

Yeah it was, and I think part of the reason was because of Nash's off-nights.

Because we really hadn't been working through Kobe Dwight combos.

It was either a Nash and Dwight working together for shots or Nash and Kobe working together for shots. But the last two nights Nash has been off at least for a half and last night the whole game(2 points 1 assist). So because of that Kobe and Dwight for really the first real time started working off each other and finding each other shots and dominating together.

Their 2 man game last night looked spectacular, now all we need to see is THAT more often with both finding Nash for open shots, Dwight from the post and pick and roll and Kobe within the iso and post.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#16 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2013 - 11:10 AM

Could this just be a one game thing? Maybe. Could this be a turning point of chemistry for the both of them together? Maybe. But the reality is it happened.

Edited by K-Kris, March 07, 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#17 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,951 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Good post, thanks for the breakdown

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#18 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,791 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 07, 2013 - 11:56 AM

for those of u saying it's just one game

the last time Dwight progressed as a teammate was when he committed to the P&R after playing a great game off of Steve Nash... and a handful of games down the line, he's still sticking to his word. 

i really believe this is a turning point between him and kobe

only 1.5 games back from 8 fellas!

2div

#19 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted March 07, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Sometimes building chemistry between superstars comes instantly and sometimes it takes time. Because of the high level Kobe is still playing at, when him and Dwight do learn to work together consistenly and Dwight gets more closer to 100% healthy, they could very well be dominant. I really believe with a few tweaks coaching and roster wise, that next season this team could be a true contender. I just feel this season that we will have to play perfect basketball in the playoffs if we make it to win it all. While it's not impossible the fact that we would not have home advantage for any series and our road record isnt good make it a very tall task. I will always hope we can win it all, but even if we don't which is likely I just hope we can lay a platform for next year by improving the chemistry, trust and togetherness in our team.

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 07, 2013 - 02:31 PM

A gem, especially coming from you. :laughing: Thanks.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users