#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,689 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 06, 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yes as one may heard the Lakers record against the top 4 teams in the NBA is 1-10 as many people have pointed out when talking of the Lakers ever present problems.

What those people NEVER want to hear is that injuries are prevalent in them, because they are tired of blaming injurues or the team not being at "full strength"

Well those people are about to get more frustrated with this shocking little statistic.

LAL are 1-10 against the top 4 teams in the West, though Nash, Kobe, Gasol & Howard have all played in only 2 (the W vs. OKC, an L at LAC).

So the people that have grown tired of hearing "injuries injuries injuries" there's a new statistic for you.

I myself am also shocked really that against the top 4 teams in 11 games only 2 was us at full strength.

Case in point team needs to be healthy if we're gonna contend 1-4 but thats something im sure is known. Even so.. Only 2 of the 11 games against top 4 were with our starting lineup and such in tact? Wow...

Edited by Majesty, March 06, 2013 - 04:52 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#2 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,977 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2013 - 06:21 PM

It's kinda convenient to suddenly act like the Pau loss is a major loss even though he hasn't played well all year. You've kept pointing it out yourself. So, his absence doesn't count.

Anyway, their absences matter, but the Lakers have been terrible beyond that. Case in point, the current Hornets game going on as I speak. Teams like the Spurs are able to win games even with their major players playing.

Like you said, it's a played out excuse.

Posted Image

#3 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,234 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 06, 2013 - 06:29 PM

It's kinda convenient to suddenly act like the Pau loss is a major loss even though he hasn't played well all year. You've kept pointing it out yourself. So, his absence doesn't count.

Anyway, their absences matter, but the Lakers have been terrible beyond that. Case in point, the current Hornets game going on as I speak. Teams like the Spurs are able to win games even with their major players playing.

Like you said, it's a played out excuse.

1) The Spurs have depth

2) The Spurs have Popovich

#4 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,977 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just did a calculation: The Lakers are 15-16 with Kobe, Nash, and Dwight. They're 6-11 with all 4.

Just because they haven't been together, doesn't mean they would definitely be good together.

Edited by Japago, March 06, 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 06, 2013 - 09:23 PM

HJapago what you fail to take into account is the time it takes to gel. And how many of those games did all 4 finish the game...

#6 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 06, 2013 - 09:33 PM

So, with Pau, the apparently worthless washed up soft whiny slow wuss in the lineup, we would have:

-Beat OKC on the road

-Beat the Nuggets on the road

-Beat the Clippers at home

That's just not a credible argument, sorry.

#7 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 06, 2013 - 09:35 PM

HJapago what you fail to take into account is the time it takes to gel. And how many of those games did all 4 finish the game...

Let's give them a couple more seasons then, to see how it works out ....

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,977 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ahh, the chemistry excuse.

Yes, players need to adapt to each other. But, that needs to happen regardless of who is playing. Dwight, Nash, and Kobe have had some time playing with each other now. The Lakers as a whole don't look that much better than they did to begin the season. They look somewhat better, but nowhere near good enough.

The Lakers might actually be worse with Pau playing right now. He had a small amount of success right before he got injured, but he was harming the team for most of the year. He wasn't a reliable scoring option, rebounder, and turned the ball over way too many times. He looked lost, far beyond just adjusting to the team.

Posted Image

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,689 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:55 PM

We can agree that starting Pau was pretty much in no mans land because of his not posting up and refusing to double post.

However we also can't deny that coming off the bench at 5 and playing close to 30 mins that he was very effective and that was actually our lineup that started oiur 15-5 run. We WOULD have probably beat phoenix if dwight didnt get hurt.

So i won't hesitate to say we were on the verge of something good with that strategy.

#10 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,977 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 11:11 PM

We can agree that starting Pau was pretty much in no mans land because of his not posting up and refusing to double post.

However we also can't deny that coming off the bench at 5 and playing close to 30 mins that he was very effective and that was actually our lineup that started oiur 15-5 run. We WOULD have probably beat phoenix if dwight didnt get hurt.

So i won't hesitate to say we were on the verge of something good with that strategy.

If you want to listen to a 7 game sample size, then sure. BTW, he played big minutes in that stretch. He played 25, 36, 21, 37, 37, 40, and 34 minutes respectively. It averages to about 33 mpg.

Edited by Japago, March 06, 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,689 posts

Posted March 07, 2013 - 02:20 AM

Yeah.. As I said above "that coming off the bench at 5 and playing close to 30 mins that he was very effective"

#12 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,690 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2013 - 02:47 AM

If we make the playoffs and we have our entire team totally healthy and focused, I fear no team in the NBA. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#13 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,712 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2013 - 04:50 AM

If we make the playoffs and we have our entire team totally healthy and focused, I fear no team in the NBA. 

not gonna happen, jordan hill is out for the rest of the season plus Gasol may not be in good condition after suffering from injury furthermore lakers chemistry is way below to those top 4 team in the west.

33bkfif.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users