Photo

Remember our conversations about the offense?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2013 - 06:00 AM

11 assists the entire game? Wow

We're 0-12 when we have 16 or less assists on the night...that part wasn't surprising to me.

Eight or less opponent turnovers...0-6.

Give up 112+ points?  We're 1-14.

Give the opponent 24+ free throws?  We're 1-15.

33 or less shots (FG) made by us?  We're 0-11.

3 or less steals in a game?  0-4.

Allow opponents to make 46+ shots?  2-7 record.

It seemed like everything we were doing last night was leading to a loss.

#22 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:01 AM

Gortat would be useful to this team. But I agree wit rest.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#23 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:06 AM

Gortat would be useful to this team. But I agree wit rest.

In regards to offense, not quite...no different than what Howard is giving us now, actually less (and Howard is a better rebounder and help defender).  Gortat dropped in around 15 a night on 55% FG with Nash making him the primary option.  Howard is giving us around 16-17 at 57% FG as a third option here (after KB and Ron).

#24 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:07 AM

Offense: Kobe System.
Defense: Kobe, no system.
Coaching: Kobe System.
When we win: Praise Kobe System.
When we lose: Blame Kobe, blame his system.

Mike D'Antoni, everyone!  :clap2:

Epic failure

#25 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:13 AM

In regards to offense, not quite...no different than what Howard is giving us now, actually less (and Howard is a better rebounder and help defender).  Gortat dropped in around 15 a night on 55% FG with Nash making him the primary option.  Howard is giving us around 16-17 at 57% FG as a third option here (after KB and Ron).

I hear ya but gortat doesn't make as many stupid stubborn bonehead plays like d12 on both sides oftheball. Touch foul, frustration retaliation foul, ill timed goal tends, soft moves point blank in front of rim. He hustles and doesnt care about his touches and for some reason nash and gortat compliment one another. D12 and nash like u said rarely works. Blake looks to have easier time playing well with d12.

#26 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:49 AM

i didn't get to watch the game, but i saw that poor stretch after the last 3 in the 4th where we had empty possession after empty possession then Ibaka hits the 3.... I went to bed after that 3

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#27 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted March 06, 2013 - 08:09 AM

RD, You really need to submit this to Lakers front office or something.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#28 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 06, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Excellent thread.  Great X's and O's discussion without all the chest pounding nonsense that usually accompanies threads on this board.

It would be interesting to track Dwight's minutes/ touches, shot selection/ makes/ defensive stats comparing games when he faces a decent defensive big, a deecent offensive big and bad bigs.

My sense is that he sometimes checks the schedule, and plays or mails it in depending on who we are facing.  Last night many of those 16 rebounds literally fell into his hands.

Debbie Downer

#29 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,996 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 06, 2013 - 09:21 AM

We're 0-12 when we have 16 or less assists on the night...that part wasn't surprising to me.

Eight or less opponent turnovers...0-6.

Give up 112+ points?  We're 1-14.

Give the opponent 24+ free throws?  We're 1-15.

33 or less shots (FG) made by us?  We're 0-11.

3 or less steals in a game?  0-4.

Allow opponents to make 46+ shots?  2-7 record.

It seemed like everything we were doing last night was leading to a loss.

With all these "problem-areas" you mention + playing on the road against the best team in the league on one of the toughest homecourts, against a team who plays a game that is close to Laker-cryptonite why didn't we lose by 20?

If everything we were doing last night was leading to a loss, how come we were still in the game (down 5) with a few mins left?

We must be doing something right...

Edited by DanishLakerFan, March 06, 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:07 AM

With all these "problem-areas" you mention + playing on the road against the best team in the league on one of the toughest homecourts, against a team who plays a game that is close to Laker-cryptonite why didn't we lose by 20?

If everything we were doing last night was leading to a loss, how come we were still in the game (down 5) with a few mins left?

We must be doing something right...

Combination of the Kobe/Nash Effect + the Thunder getting complacent.  Kobe could not be stopped until late 4th last night, while Nash's best quarter (and really, only quarter) was the 3rd and a small part of the 4th.

If it's all about us, we might as well ask what the Washington Wizards were doing right when they beat both the Heat AND the Thunder this season...both times without John Wall.  They were just 2-13 when they defeated Miami, and 5-28 when they beat OKC.

#31 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 712 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Ron ron averages about as much assists as he does turnovers, he shoots less than 40% from the field even though he is the MAIN beneficiary from all the attention defenses pay kobe/dwight/nash, he shoots a poor 73% from the line and has little to no skill left from the offensive side of the floor. I liked when we used to post him up a bit which is probably his only advantage over defenders but we all know that post-ups aren't really encouraged.

I've been saying for years that ron ron is as much a liability offensively as he is a lockdown defender, now that hes nowhere near a premiere defender his mistakes are harder to forgive. Somehow Mike decided with all this info that Metta still needs to take the second most shots on the team (or right behind pau whose barely played)

#32 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:58 AM

This morning Smith on First Take hit it on the nail.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#33 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,083 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted March 06, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Eight threes in eight minutes. Artest took six of our 13 shot attempts. Kobe and Nash took a combined five, Howard zero.

There's something wrong with that, lol

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#34 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,996 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 06, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Combination of the Kobe/Nash Effect + the Thunder getting complacent.  Kobe could not be stopped until late 4th last night, while Nash's best quarter (and really, only quarter) was the 3rd and a small part of the 4th.

If it's all about us, we might as well ask what the Washington Wizards were doing right when they beat both the Heat AND the Thunder this season...both times without John Wall.  They were just 2-13 when they defeated Miami, and 5-28 when they beat OKC.

Well, i'm not saying it's "all about us".

I'm saying that for the month of febuary - and especially since the all-star break - we have been solid-ish. Not championship-caliber, but solid enough to be able to steal the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs if we continue. Albeit on nothing more than the sheer talent of Kobe, Nash and the defense of Dwight we are on the right track.

In febuary we are 10-5 with losses @Bos, @Mia, vs. LAC, @Den (2nd b2b) and @OKC. If we can keep winning the ones we're supposed to win and minimize losses to this type of teams, i think there is a chance we can figure things out come playoff time and who knows what'll happen then.

#35 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 06, 2013 - 11:54 AM

defense wins it all..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#36 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted March 06, 2013 - 12:54 PM

Lakers are a 1-dimensional when it comes to offense. They need an interior presence to expand the options

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users