Photo

How will the Lakers use Pau when he returns?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 878 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 16, 2013 - 06:08 PM

Yeah only way I see it working is running high low action with Pau and Dwight. However that doesn't fix Pau's defensive liabilities, especially when at the PF position. If we recall that was the whole reason he was benched because of his inability to defend. Dantoni himself said he "actually wants to win" when he first benched Gasol. I hope he has some super offensive scheme if he plans to try and start Pau. Not very hopeful on the success of this move. Pau will have to return to championship Gasol for this to work which is hard to see. Dreams are free I spose lol. I still prefer Clark at the 4 because while his play has dropped recently, he still can play better D than Gasol and gives us much needed athleticism and hustle. Don't get me wrong I'm glad Gasol is returning, just not sure if this role he will play is going to work.

#82 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 17, 2013 - 07:54 AM

Yeah only way I see it working is running high low action with Pau and Dwight. However that doesn't fix Pau's defensive liabilities, especially when at the PF position. If we recall that was the whole reason he was benched because of his inability to defend. Dantoni himself said he "actually wants to win" when he first benched Gasol. I hope he has some super offensive scheme if he plans to try and start Pau. Not very hopeful on the success of this move. Pau will have to return to championship Gasol for this to work which is hard to see. Dreams are free I spose lol. I still prefer Clark at the 4 because while his play has dropped recently, he still can play better D than Gasol and gives us much needed athleticism and hustle. Don't get me wrong I'm glad Gasol is returning, just not sure if this role he will play is going to work.

Good post! Gasol is not a pf and is a liability as a pf for the reason you stated. When Gasol is at center totally different story.

NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#83 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 17, 2013 - 12:16 PM

I think we all agree that Clark at the 3 and Metta at the 4 is better for our starting lineup and Gasol at the 5 is better for our bench. It also doesn't screw up lineups should Jordan Hill return.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users