Photo

How do the Lakers stack up against the best of the West?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 06, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Well...3-17 vs teams with a .600 record or better....0-10 vs same teams on the road

Welp

I only remember the win against OKC, I can't recall us beating the two other .600 teams.

#42 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 624 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Well...3-17 vs teams with a .600 record or better....0-10 vs same teams on the road

Welp

This is exactly what I'm saying....good teams have steamrolled us, and beating non playoff caliber teams means zero when the real season starts. 

Posted Image

#43 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 06, 2013 - 09:32 AM

I only remember the win against OKC, I can't recall us beating the two other .600 teams.

Knicks on Christmas, Denver at home when Jamison/Meeks were raining 3s

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#44 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:13 AM

Look I really don't understand what's so difficult to understand about this for some of you. This is not a shot at you by the way there seems to be a lot of people on here who say this. As long as we make the playoffs it DOESN't MATTER if we lose. I don't care if we get swept and lose every game by 100 points. Would it suck and would we all be pissed? Of course. But it's a lot better than being remembered as arguably the most talented team in Laker history missing the playoffs outright. I'd much rather be the super team who got swept in the first round than the super team who missed the playoffs outright. I know we're the Lakers and it's championship or bust, but this is one of those years where that saying doesn't apply unfortunately. 

lol

Are you kidding me? This team had nothing but championship aspirations. None of us are going to be satisfied with the Lakers just making the playoffs with a first round exit. It'll just be slightly less embarrassing. This roster was put together to win a championship with Kobe's final years. That's the bottom line. If we aren't doing that, it's a failure. We should not have to change our aspirations with the amount of money and talent we've put together. I get that this season is pretty [expletive]ed, but it's still championship or bust until this thing gets blown apart and put into rebuilding mode. 

#45 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:16 AM

The Lakers are now 4 games out of the playoffs with about 20 games to go.  They play Utah and Houston head to head, and can pick up a full game there, but Houston is playing well and Utah has a slight fade.

How do we fare against the best of the West?  Terribly, not even in the same league as San Antonio or OKC. 

#46 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 904 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted March 06, 2013 - 10:33 AM

The spurs will choke in the playoffs again, different game. Also, the lakers just need to find their way into the playoffs, with gasol back and a playoff atmosphere, I like our chances.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users