Photo

How do the Lakers stack up against the best of the West?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,604 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Also its hilarious that one loss to the Thunder suddenly means a "miracle" has to happen for us to make the playoffs -_-

10 wins restore faith, one loss easily removes it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Spurs won't run us out of the building. Rather play them then the thunder. Half court basketball is how we should play too... We are OLD and SLOW

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,227 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Spurs won't run us out of the building. Rather play them then the thunder. Half court basketball is how we should play too... We are OLD and SLOW

have you seen the Spurs played lately?  Only tim dunken and Ginobli is old. The rest are still young and they ran like a mo fo last time i watch them. Tony Parker is not that old and he is playing like a beast.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#24 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:53 PM

have you seen the Spurs played lately? Only tim dunken and Ginobli is old. The rest are still young and they ran like a mo fo last time i watch them. Tony Parker is not that old and he is playing like a beast.

...they play half court basketball. it doesn't matter

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:53 PM

have you seen the Spurs played lately? 

They're doing what they almost always do in the REGULAR SEASON

:yawn:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#26 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:54 PM

Also its hilarious that one loss to the Thunder suddenly means a "miracle" has to happen for us to make the playoffs -_-

Your not the only one on this forum who feels this way TRUST ME. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#27 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:59 PM

What matters is the top 3 teams (what we'll play if we get in the playoffs), and we'll get taken out of the first round by any of them. 

#28 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:08 PM

What matters is the top 3 teams (what we'll play if we get in the playoffs), and we'll get taken out of the first round by any of them. 

Look I really don't understand what's so difficult to understand about this for some of you. This is not a shot at you by the way there seems to be a lot of people on here who say this. As long as we make the playoffs it DOESN't MATTER if we lose. I don't care if we get swept and lose every game by 100 points. Would it suck and would we all be pissed? Of course. But it's a lot better than being remembered as arguably the most talented team in Laker history missing the playoffs outright. I'd much rather be the super team who got swept in the first round than the super team who missed the playoffs outright. I know we're the Lakers and it's championship or bust, but this is one of those years where that saying doesn't apply unfortunately. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 05, 2013 - 10:08 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#29 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,227 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Look I really don't understand what's so difficult to understand about this for some of you. This is not a shot at you by the way there seems to be a lot of people on here who say this. As long as we make the playoffs it DOESN't MATTER if we lose. I don't care if we get swept and lose every game by 100 points. Would it suck and would we all be pissed? Of course. But it's a lot better than being remembered as arguably the most talented team in Laker history missing the playoffs outright. I'd much rather be the super team who got swept in the first round than the super team who missed the playoffs outright. I know we're the Lakers and it's championship or bust, but this is one of those years where that saying doesn't apply unfortunately. 

Most talented team in Lakers history?  I'll take the 85 - 87 lakers thank you. Looking at that roster and this "superteam" roster, not even close.

but i agree with you that a so called "superteam' missing the playoffs will be in the history books. Every proclaimed superteam by the media makes the playoffs and even go deep into the playoffs. Even the superteam of Malone and Payton went all the way to the finals.  this is the worst superteam in history even if we make it to the second round and get swept

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#30 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:18 PM

Most talented team in Lakers history?  I'll take the 85 - 87 lakers thank you. Looking at that roster and this "superteam" roster, not even close.

but i agree with you that a so called "superteam' missing the playoffs will be in the history books. Every proclaimed superteam by the media makes the playoffs and even go deep into the playoffs. Even the superteam of Malone and Payton went all the way to the finals.  this is the worst superteam in history even if we make it to the second round and get swept

No if we make it to the playoffs I wouldn't say that. Because we will have drastically improved from where we were earlier in the season.

#31 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,858 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:27 PM

We cant play against teams like Thunder and Nuggets. Majesty said if we force them to half court they we might contain them better, but the reality is we dont force them because we cant. Durant had a terrible game, he missed like 4 WAY EASY shots, it aint happening every game in the playoffs. Players like Westbrook or Durant are deadly. Today we lived by them missing, and what kind of shots ? open shots. I actually dont want to play against them not even in the playoffs. We match up with Miami better than Oklahoma.

Give me the clippers or spurs and i'm fine with it.

#32 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 647 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:27 PM

I understand the frustration at the lack of faith around these parts, but this isn't only a loss, it's doubly significant. Not only did we lose at a crucial point in the season, but we lost in a test against the REAL competition. It doesn't matter if we make the playoffs if we can't square off against the upper tier teams in their arenas. Each of those is worth 10 games against some scrubs like NO or DET.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,604 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:30 PM

The win against the Hawks meant more than a winm against OKC,yes its true, and tomorrows game against NOH is as well.

#34 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,858 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:31 PM

I understand the frustration at the lack of faith around these parts, but this isn't only a loss, it's doubly significant. Not only did we lose at a crucial point in the season, but we lost in a test against the REAL competition. It doesn't matter if we make the playoffs if we can't square off against the upper tier teams in their arenas. Each of those is worth 10 games against some scrubs like NO or DET.

Buddy, as long as we make the playoffs, it doesnt matter who we lose to. Let us deal with it in the playoffs. Yeah its actually one lose and its not even a test. We need more rhythm from the players and play more consistent till we can match top tier teams. Oklahoma for example, had the same roster since three years, they build their team around Durant and Westbrook. 

#35 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:37 PM

I understand your opinion but it's really not doubly significant. We need 1 win on this two game trip. We didn't get it tonight, time to move on and bounce back tomorrow. Plus think about it if we had of won tonight and matched up against OKC in the first round, who's to say that they wouldn't want to throttle our asses from the get-go since we would have beaten them two straight times? It's tough to accept because any loss sucks but it was simply only another loss.

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 05, 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#36 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:54 PM

!anext yest "Making the Playoffs' means little to nothing as the chances of continueing past the first round are realistically faint. Stop wishin' for the playoffs just to watch em get waxed. and the point is what? Rest til next year!

#37 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 05, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Even though Miami won in OKC this year, ANY team COULD lose to OKC in OKC...just like at Denver or even at Utah or at Portland...not a big deal

#38 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 05, 2013 - 11:36 PM

The win against the Hawks meant more than a winm against OKC,yes its true, and tomorrows game against NOH is as well.

Agreed.

The fact that we hung on and we closed in on OKC (with a bad first half from Nash and Dwight) until we fell off was something to feel good about.

We need to win against the mediocre and mid-level teams if we want to go to the playoffs.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,604 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 01:04 AM

Agreed.

The fact that we hung on and we closed in on OKC (with a bad first half from Nash and Dwight) until we fell off was something to feel good about.

We need to win against the mediocre and mid-level teams if we want to go to the playoffs.

Yep those are the most important games in my opinion.

Im not worried about beating 1-3 i want us to get on a roll beating 4-8th on the west and 3-8th on the east and everyone beneath both of those.

Those are the important games to win till Gasol gets back because ultimately those are the games that get us to the playoffs. I doesn't mean anything if we beat 1-3 in the west and lose to 4-8th and lower.

So we gotta win the games against the middle of the pack west teams and 3-8th on the east. Those are the "consistent" wins we need, then in April we can start talking about beating the higher up teams consistently. But we gotta be there first before talking about it.

#40 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 01:27 AM

Well...3-17 vs teams with a .600 record or better....0-10 vs same teams on the road

Welp

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users