#1 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 04, 2013 - 12:32 PM

The Lakers have not lost back to back games since that team meeting. They lost that night (which was a consecutive loss), but no consecutive losses since.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#2 BLK MAMBA 81

BLK MAMBA 81

Rookie

• 285 posts
  • Name:Jackal Phrenic 210SA
  • Fan Since:96 - Forever
  • Fav. Laker:MR. 81

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:04 PM

I heard about this meeting from a friend. I had no idea they sat down. What was said if anybody knows?

Edited by BLK MAMBA 81, March 04, 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,794 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:05 PM

13-5 since that meeting, 6-1 thus far post All-Star Break. Let's hope that they can keep up this level of play.

#4 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:11 PM

I heard about this meeting from a friend. I had no idea they sat down. What was said if anybody knows?

It was a chance for all the players and coaches to air out their grievances.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,603 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:18 PM

13-5 .722 winning percentage.

Thats an elite record. This is a team that easily could have been a top 4 seed or better. I think with a few roster moves we will be very dominate next season. 

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:23 PM

13-5 .722 winning percentage.

Thats an elite record. This is a team that easily could have been a top 4 seed or better. I think with a few roster moves we will be very dominate next season. 

True but how many were against playoff teams or elite teams? anyone know

#7 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:26 PM

Oklahoma and Boston.

#8 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,109 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:29 PM

From playoff teams

Win against: Jazz, Thunder, Nets, Celtics, Hawks

Loss against: Celtics, Heat, Clippers, Nuggets

We could have easily beaten Suns (the other loss in that streak) .. It's a shame really. But all in all, it's a good performance.

#9 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Kobe is carrying this team to the promise land we are seeing the best of Kobe right now... I've never seen a player just will his team to victory night in and night out at this age and is so determined to get into the playoffs

#10 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:34 PM

From playoff teams

Win against: Jazz, Thunder, Nets, Celtics, Hawks

Loss against: Celtics, Heat, Clippers, Nuggets

We could have easily beaten Suns (the other loss in that streak) .. It's a shame really. But all in all, it's a good performance.

Not too bad then

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,603 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:34 PM

True but how many were against playoff teams or elite teams? anyone know

We have beating OKC,boston, Atl, and Bkn in the 14-5 streak.  Most of those losses ar from playoff teams in away games. The only horrible lost that we shouldnt have lost in this whole streak was the suns. 

Main thing to remember is you get to the higher seeds by almost never losing to the teams you should beat and beating the good teams at home most of the time. Thats exactly what we have been doing lately. 

#12 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't think the Lakers could beat San Antonio in a 7 game series right now, which as an "8" is who they would draw.  In fact, short of maybe OKC, I don't think there is a team in the West that can beat them.  They are well-coached.  

The Lakers are playing good basketball now, but alas they've dug themselves into a pretty big hole, and Houston is helping them out right now. 

#13 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 01:53 PM

We stay 8th we face either Spurs or OKC. If we ever advanced to the 2nd round , we'd face either Denver or Grizzlies, Denver most likely. Thats why 7th would be more safer. I'd rather face Clippers than Denver.

#14 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 04, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Clippers rather than Denver??? Are you crazy? Lol... Clippers have stomped us every single time we play them....
Laker fan for life.

#15 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 04, 2013 - 02:41 PM

The team meeting was basically Kobe saying [expletive] D'Antoni, [expletive] Nash, [expletive] Howard, I'm just going to will this team to the playoffs, lol. 

#16 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Given that we wont be traveling plus that Denver is more of fastbreak team than clippers, clippers would be more realistic.

Chris paul is the only fear plus their outside shooting. If we can contain them in half court set we can match up very well with them.

Now that going to Denver( as they have home court advantage) is not easy to seal something from there. They're ranked first in fast break points if i'm not mistaken. They're more athletic than clippers and they havent lost more than 4 games in their arena. Dont forget they have a great coach in George Karl. The team gave us a difficult 7 game series last year with less assets than this year.

Both teams are similar, but if i had the chance to pick i'd say Clipps.

I dont take the games we played this year seriously. I have an ultimate respect for their team, but the first game was when we started the season struggling making the first time in 34 years or so to start the season 0-3

Second game was more of a good challenge, we almost notched the win if we did close the game better. (this game was in 0-6 series

Their third game they were simply lucky from the 3 pointer. If they played their average from beyond the arc the game could've been closer. If we played them 10 times under the same circumstances they wouldn't shoot ridiculously like they did.

I'm not saying Clippers are easy though.

Edited by fozi, March 04, 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#17 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 878 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted March 04, 2013 - 03:25 PM

We are definitely seeing this team finally get some consistency and chemistry going. Since the team had this meeting and we finally have our proper PG rotation, we have looked much better. There is no doubt injuries have played a part in this teams failures as we have not had time to build chemistry. Also now everyone seems to be understanding their roles now. While there is still a ways to go yet this team does have the potential to be very good. We all know the flaws this team has and while some maybe can't be fixed barring major change some can be. While we can't make any major roster changes till the off season, we can improve our team defense and turnover rate by further building our team chemistry and accountabillty and trust in one another. Also a coaching change could change our situation also, but that's not happening this season. I do feel if we retain our main pieces and make shrewd changes, this team will be dangerous next year. Although I do hope we make the playoffs this year and shock the world by winning it all. Get in the playoffs and anything can happen I spose!!!

#18 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Clippers rather than Denver??? Are you crazy? Lol... Clippers have stomped us every single time we play them....

We've never played them healthy

#19 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 04, 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'd definitely rather play the Spurs than the Thunder. We match up horribly with OKC, they can run us out of the arena in 15 minutes. Nobody can stop Westbrook. Nobody can stop Durant. Throw in Kevin Martin and Serge Ibaka...yikes. Thabo can somewhat guard Kobe, Perkins does a decent job with Dwight. To beat them we have to play mistake-free and hope that Westbrook and Durant are off (like our win against them earlier this season). The Spurs may be the better team, but that's not saying much because OKC is a helluva team themselves with a couple crazy-talented, young stars. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users