28 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Kobe is a different animal. 

The new generation of players have too many distractions.  Kobe cares about one thing, winning.  

#22 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,376 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:25 AM

There's this legitimate sleep technique where u sleep 30 minutes 4-5 times day spaced out 5-6 hours apart, the objective is to deprive the body of REM sleep for the first week (which, as u guys can imagine, [expletive]in sucks), so that when u do actually sleep, u go right into REM sleep (which is the most mentally restorative sleep). The theory behind it is that a regular 7-8 hour night of sleep (with its regular cycles) can only get u around 1.5 of REM sleep, whereas this technique gets u 2 to 2.5 hours of REM sleep

I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe did something insane like this to compensate for his schedule.

Interesting. If there's anyone who can achieve this it's the Mamba ;)

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#23 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 05, 2013 - 11:06 AM

i have also the kobe atittude

i wake up at 4.30h am in the morning to watch lakers games LIVE

so yeah call me dedicated too :D :D :D

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#24 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted March 05, 2013 - 12:49 PM

Kobes work ethic is possibly the best ever. I just love how he trains and pratices to an elite level even at 34. While many wouldn't be as motivated on maintaining and improving their game in their twilight years, Kobe is the opposite. He knows to stay at the top of the hill
he must continue to push himself even more on honing and improving his skills to compete with the today's young stars. This dedication and determination are what makes Kobe great. His success in his career only goes to prove that hard work pays off. One thing that always stands out to me is the classic Iverson interview.
You know the one. "Pratice, c'mon man, we taking bout practice". Kobe and AIs mindsets are polar opposites and its no wonder these guys careers have panned out the way they have, especially towards the end. One is still arguably the best in the game, while one is not even in the NBA. Kobe truly is a role model to anybody who wants to be a winner in life. No matter how much talent you have you still have to put in work to achieve your goals!!!

Edited by jax24, March 05, 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#25 j0k3r

j0k3r

Rookie

• 304 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Shaq, KOBE

Posted March 05, 2013 - 01:03 PM

just one word: wow...

#26 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 05, 2013 - 02:54 PM

thats kobe

#27 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 999 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 05, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Only Kobe :)

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 03:06 PM

Kobe is a different animal.

The new generation of players have too many distractions. Kobe cares about one thing, winning.

People have too many distractions. Kobe isn't a person thought so this is normal for him
Posted Image

#29 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2013 - 12:33 AM

That's some amazing work ethic... Only Kobe. Really makes you feel even worse for him, especially this season. He works this hard always, only for his teammates to show up sporadically, give half-hearted efforts, etc., ending up with the team losing so many games. Other players would just throw in the towel, or move on to another team and form a super trio in South Beach to take the easy way out.

Especially frustrating considering how talented our team is right now, with Dwight, Pau, etc. I don't know the work ethic of the rest of the team, but if it was even close to half of Kobe's, they'd be unbeatable imo. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users