My Dwight Howard reprisal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,395 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 04, 2013 - 10:36 AM

I've been critical of Dwight this season. Some here on LN would even consider me his biggest critic. And I don't buy into the plethora of excuses his fan boys use to justify his play vs his potential level. That being said I do concur and understand:

a) the dude is coming off back surgery.

b) Our 5 starters have only played 4 games with each other this season.

c) We switched from Coach Booboo to Doodoo.

d) Ownership and executive personnel changes affect everyone in a company culture from the bottom up.

I'm ok with waiting till next season to judge his performance output. After all the above reasons are nothing he can control regarding this season. including the back surgery which we knew he was getting when we traded for him. So all the cards were on the table.

However the one thing HE CAN CONTROL is re-sighing with the Lakers. His future commitment alone will answer 99.9% of my questions and re-assure me that D12's a ridah for the purp n gold.

If he doesn't resign with LA then EVERYONE must agree he played us. And that's that. We move on from there.

But if he does resign, and hes willing to give us 100% that's all I as a fan can ask. So I will support him in his efforts and hope he continues to grow and improve. His eagerness to work with Dream this off season impresses me. I just hope it benefits us and not some other team.

In that regard I believe the 2nd half of the season has shown him some long term reasons to want to stay. Maybe we as the fan base (myself very much included) should do a better job understanding the debacle we all found ourselves in this season and hope Dwight can return to form and help us through it.

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,090 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 04, 2013 - 11:08 AM

glad you finally opened your eyes 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted March 04, 2013 - 12:31 PM

I've been critical of Dwight this season. Some here on LN would even consider me his biggest critic. And I don't buy into the plethora of excuses his fan boys use to justify his play vs his potential level. That being said I do concur and understand:

a) the dude is coming off back surgery.

b) Our 5 starters have only played 4 games with each other this season.

c) We switched from Coach Booboo to Doodoo.

d) Ownership and executive personnel changes affect everyone in a company culture from the bottom up.

I'm ok with waiting till next season to judge his performance output. After all the above reasons are nothing he can control regarding this season. including the back surgery which we knew he was getting when we traded for him. So all the cards were on the table.

However the one thing HE CAN CONTROL is re-sighing with the Lakers. His future commitment alone will answer 99.9% of my questions and re-assure me that D12's a ridah for the purp n gold.

If he doesn't resign with LA then EVERYONE must agree he played us. And that's that. We move on from there.

But if he does resign, and hes willing to give us 100% that's all I as a fan can ask. So I will support him in his efforts and hope he continues to grow and improve. His eagerness to work with Dream this off season impresses me. I just hope it benefits us and not some other team.

In that regard I believe the 2nd half of the season has shown him some long term reasons to want to stay. Maybe we as the fan base (myself very much included) should do a better job understanding the debacle we all found ourselves in this season and hope Dwight can return to form and help us through it.

your points are valid and fairly spot on. 

However, my contention with Dwight is this; yes he had a bad back that required surgery, yes that surgery would impair his game. However, where are his fall-back, reliable, and effective post moves that he could use to help out his offensive game? 

it is my opinion that after 9 years in the league Dwight has not done enough to work on his footwork. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#4 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,767 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well i guess now that people realize Bynum has degenerative Knees, everybody seems less critical on Howard, whether he walks away or stays.

But to be honest, he looks like accepting the situation he is in. He's buying or trying to buy the system. Lately he seems more mature.

#5 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2013 - 02:07 PM

I'm so happy we got rid of Bynum!!! 

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,692 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 05, 2013 - 04:41 AM

your points are valid and fairly spot on.

However, my contention with Dwight is this; yes he had a bad back that required surgery, yes that surgery would impair his game. However, where are his fall-back, reliable, and effective post moves that he could use to help out his offensive game?

it is my opinion that after 9 years in the league Dwight has not done enough to work on his footwork.

They are there in spurts, but we shouldn't act like he had an entire off-season to work on them like usual.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users