#21 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 02, 2013 - 08:13 PM

I agree and respect your points, but you can reverse it. How many of those guys could play in todays leauge and be as effective. I wish it could be a lil more physical but the bad boy pistons type of style does not need to.return.

Thats true, and that is what the problem is with comparing people in different eras you really cant say or even make a valid arguement for who was better or who would do better in what time just all assumptions. I guess it is how you look at the game on what you like, as someone that plays a bunch of pick up games on the neighborhood courts Im used to rough gritty games, and sometimes when I watch the NBA i sort of would like to see that playground blacktop type of ball since that is what I play. If I probably played more structured games with an actually ref in a league maybe I wouldnt feel the same, but being so used to one way makes me like it more and would love to see players go at each other like that with the intensity that can only be found on a black top game of ball. To me watching a 6'8 guy that is 260 complaining about a little bit of contact and oversells it makes me angry.

lebron-flop.gif

Edited by PhillyLaker24, March 02, 2013 - 08:15 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,604 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 08:32 PM

^ Lmao, that gif still, never gets old, so damn pathetic.

yo.

#23 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 02, 2013 - 08:36 PM

^ Lmao, that gif still, never gets old, so damn pathetic.

Pretty sure James gave himself whiplash with that acting there lol I remember watching the game live and was just like, really?

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,196 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 02, 2013 - 10:53 PM

lol payton think he can overpower lebrick :clap2:

If Rondo can and has guarded LeBron effectively, would we count Payton out?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#25 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,049 posts

Posted March 03, 2013 - 02:12 AM

LeBron is having a good primetime, which i doubt it would last for up to 4 years. He's really good but not among MJ tier.

As good as he is, i feel is bit overrated from the media.

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,598 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:17 AM

How many of those guys could play in todays leauge and be as effective.

dream-team.jpg

Of course remove Leattner...lol.
Hakeem
Rodman
Shaq
Kobe (Obviously a great multi generational example KB8/KB24)

Miller

Payton

Iverson

Pretty much everyone.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#27 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2013 - 12:18 AM

Been saying this for a while. You can't touch this guy with your pinky now. I just can't stand how soft this league is. And I hate seeing non flopping stars like Rose and Kobe get molested in the post and driving to the rim, only to turn on a heat game and see the whistle blowing almost immediately when Bron's trying to post up. It's like the league is saying, " Hey, let Lebron go where ever he wants on the floor".

#28 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 05, 2013 - 12:50 AM

Hey, don't count out Christian lol. People always call him a bust, but look at his numbers. He was actually a legit player in the league. Definitely not the same beast he was at Duke, but he was no Adam Morrison either. The guy could play.

#29 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted March 05, 2013 - 04:29 AM

If Rondo can and has guarded LeBron effectively, would we count Payton out?

lol effectively? really?  :laughing: 

I didn't see that rondo SLOWED LEBRICK, LECHOKE, LETRAVELLING at the playoffs

Lebrick scoring 30+ points per game vs Boston at the playoffs

if rondo can guard Lebrick then lebrick should scoring less than 20 points per game.

33bkfif.jpg

#30 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,598 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 05, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hey, don't count out Christian lol. People always call him a bust, but look at his numbers. He was actually a legit player in the league. Definitely not the same beast he was at Duke, but he was no Adam Morrison either. The guy could play.

its true. I was joking kinda. he had a good career and he won his ring with Miami., ala Shaq/Wade. But Christian played minutes in a reserve role and hit some good shots that post season.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#31 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 05, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, and I get your original point though. He definitely doesn't fit in with that group haha.

#32 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Please don't compare him to Jordan. As many have said, the fact that the NBA is so foul-easy these days makes it that much easier for Lebron.

Jordan dominated the NBA in an era where it was way more physical. In an era in which every drive to the basket was risking injury, especially against teams like the Pistons.

Also, did you see the small tip Jordan gave on how to defend Lebron in the All-stars? Kobe followed that tip during the last few minutes, and we all saw how ineffective Lebron was. Jordan had such high basketball IQ that he would know how to exploit all of Lebron's weaknesses. Add that to the fact he was a spectacular defensive player, and probably the greatest scoring threat to ever live, and you will understand why Lebron would be just another Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah Thomas, or Charles Barkley in that era. Perhaps better but no where close to what Jordan was.

• 40,604 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 01:13 PM

^ Durant especially even way more than LeBron. His extremely skinny body seems to be a blessing. Instead of being forced to hit the weight room and bulk up/get stronger, he's rewarded by the zebras for barely being touched.

yo.

#34 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted March 06, 2013 - 02:11 PM

Please don't compare him to Jordan. As many have said, the fact that the NBA is so foul-easy these days makes it that much easier for Lebron.

Jordan dominated the NBA in an era where it was way more physical. In an era in which every drive to the basket was risking injury, especially against teams like the Pistons.

Also, did you see the small tip Jordan gave on how to defend Lebron in the All-stars? Kobe followed that tip during the last few minutes, and we all saw how ineffective Lebron was. Jordan had such high basketball IQ that he would know how to exploit all of Lebron's weaknesses. Add that to the fact he was a spectacular defensive player, and probably the greatest scoring threat to ever live, and you will understand why Lebron would be just another Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah Thomas, or Charles Barkley in that era. Perhaps better but no where close to what Jordan was.

lol seriously, Jordan gives kobe a tip LMAO, can you give me a youtube link or article or any kinds of media that will provide your statement that Kobe Bryant listened to the tips of Jordan  :laughing: , to tell you frankly every team has SCOUTER REPORT even the worst team has a scouter report.

33bkfif.jpg

#35 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2013 - 05:32 PM

lol seriously, Jordan gives kobe a tip LMAO, can you give me a youtube link or article or any kinds of media that will provide your statement that Kobe Bryant listened to the tips of Jordan :laughing: , to tell you frankly every team has SCOUTER REPORT even the worst team has a scouter report.

Jordan didn't give Kobe a tip. He basically said what he thought was LeBron's weekness on tv. Then during the all star game, when Kobe started guarding him, he did exactly what Jordan said. Which resulted in low percentage shooting and two steals/blocks. All in a few minutes

#36 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,493 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 07, 2013 - 11:00 AM

I just think he would have been more of a post player with his height and size. Teams weren't so open to give a team to a young guy and the ball-handlng duties may have been given to an older guy, but LeBron would have been great in any era.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users