Photo

Mitch Defends Dwight Again

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• 40,373 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 01:26 PM

http://probasketball...-dwight-howard/

Thursday night in the Lakers win Dwight Howard didn’t put up monster numbers against Nikola Pekovic and the Orlando Magic — 11 points, 13 rebounds — but you could see he was moving much better, particularly on the defensive end of the court. He’s healthier, his back is bothering him less, and it shows.

He is playing more and more like the guy the Lakers (and their fans) thought they were getting.

Once again in an interview, this time with Sam Amick of USA Today, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has Howard’s back. He says Howard played through a lot of pain in Los Angeles this year.

“I think he should get more credit for the reality of what has taken place,” Kupchak said. “Here’s a guy who didn’t have to come back. Forget whatever he needs (because of) this summer as a free agent, because doctors are going to say that after a year you’re going to be fine. But he came back because after a year he wanted to play and he wanted to win. And then he’s also had the torn labrum (in his right shoulder). I just thought he was getting unfairly criticized….

“I was surprised that he went through training camp and didn’t miss a practice,” Kupchak said. “I thought that maybe he would do some things on a side basket, and then he’d get in condition and we would maybe see him in December or January. I was surprised. I’m not sure he came back too early, but I think people expected too much, too soon.”

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Edited by    , March 03, 2013 - 02:23 AM.

yo.

#2 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Dwight, Glen Rice

Posted March 01, 2013 - 01:38 PM

Nikola Pekovic and the Orlando Magic? Lol

Dwight probably did come back too soon, but who knows if things would be any different, as far as our record, if he had waited till January? Things are finally starting to gel, now we'll have to fit Gasol back in again when he's healthy. Hopefully he can fit in seamlessly.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 02, 2013 - 08:20 PM

Dwight not playing is not better than what Dwight has given us. The games he didn't play, the games Pau didn't / doesn't play, the games Nash-Hill-Blake, didn't play is what hurt our record.

This team was supposed to gel in its first six weeks, but we had no Nash or Blake during that time. Then Pau played with tendinitis when he should have been relaxing.

#4 Rad

Rad

• 1,620 posts

Posted March 03, 2013 - 02:22 AM

Last line of the quote holds most truth. We all expected a lot from Dwight.

#5 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 03, 2013 - 04:00 AM

Honestly for someone coming off major back surgery who's putting up near career averages, people are complaining a lot over nothing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users