Photo

What players should the Lakers go after in the second round for the draft?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 25, 2013 - 02:50 PM

Andre Roberson from Colorado would be intriguing. Wouldn't mind Deshaun Thomas from Ohio State either.

I didn't watch them too closely in the Tournament but they look Solid from their stats !! I'm sure they will drop into the second round I don't hear their names come up too often

#22 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 25, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Lakers have to decide,,,,

Should they pick a freashman that is raw

or a senioir who is polished

#23 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Lakers have to decide,,,,

Should they pick a freashman that is raw

or a senioir who is polished

We need a Polished player who can contribute right away

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Counting on players to come in and help us in the second round? Man, we truly are in some deep [expletive].

yo.

#25 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Counting on players to come in and help us in the second round? Man, we truly are in some deep [expletive].

It's time for change!!! do you know how much money we would have if we Drafted all our players and had them on rookie contracts with players who are already established?!?

and I'm not looking forward to this draft this year but next year should be amazing!!

#26 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:44 PM

Not about counting on players, all about hoping to find that diamond in the rough.  Rather talk about potential players that can help than talking about the Lakers wasting a draft pick on some cat from South America who started playing basketball two weeks ago. 

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:23 PM

That sounds nice & all, but let's be real here, it's not like we have the greatest track record in drafting players for a while now, at least not with our current scouts over the past years it seems. The chances of finding that diamond in the rough aren't that high to begin with, and even less when we don't have the best scout/s in the world. If we had the Spurs' guy/s for instance, I'd be all for it, but I haven't seen anything to tell me otherwise.

yo.

#28 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 25, 2013 - 11:43 PM

No player they can get will help in any way, shape or form.

Raw, bottom of the barrel talent isn't going to help this team.

#29 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 26, 2013 - 12:29 AM

There can be quality players found in the second round
The guy from Florida gulf coast, brown, why not
Take a young freshmen who left to early

#30 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 26, 2013 - 05:48 AM

as if these rookies would get any burn anyway who gives a damn really...

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#31 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,268 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 26, 2013 - 06:03 AM

You have to be kidding, there are 30 guys selected in the 2nd round every year.  A handful of them play in the league, even less make a serious impact, add that to the fact that the Lakers aren't notoriously good at drafting.  Wishful thinking at best.

#32 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,325 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 26, 2013 - 07:14 AM

Lakers don't draft well, they simply let other teams get the top talents then steal them in the future. 

#33 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 12:50 PM

That sounds nice & all, but let's be real here, it's not like we have the greatest track record in drafting players for a while now, at least not with our current scouts over the past years it seems. The chances of finding that diamond in the rough aren't that high to begin with, and even less when we don't have the best scout/s in the world. If we had the Spurs' guy/s for instance, I'd be all for it, but I haven't seen anything to tell me otherwise.

SO that means they have to adapt for how the league is changing!!! the the new rules it restricts the Lakers from paying players ridiculous amounts of money and has substantially raised the luxury tax to the point we can't go over it

now if this has changed that means we should invest more money in Scouts!! and look to be more fiscally responsible and more effective with drafting

#34 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 01:01 PM

as if these rookies would get any burn anyway who gives a damn really...

so how the NBA landscape is changing and how the new CBA rules have put rules in to reduce what we usually do and with Kobe, Pau, Nash Metta heck even our bench players Jamison and Blake which are all OLD we need young players because signing them in free agency is WAY too expensive for quality role players... ex Omir Asik, O.J. Mayo, and Daren Collison heck even Gerald Green got a 3 year multi million contract

#35 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 05:27 AM

so how the NBA landscape is changing and how the new CBA rules have put rules in to reduce what we usually do and with Kobe, Pau, Nash Metta heck even our bench players Jamison and Blake which are all OLD we need young players because signing them in free agency is WAY too expensive for quality role players... ex Omir Asik, O.J. Mayo, and Daren Collison heck even Gerald Green got a 3 year multi million contract

I agree Lakers need 6 young players that are athletes, active, & hybrid players: 2 catch & Shoot / spot up shooters; 1 athletic scoring PG that can create off the dribble for himself & others; real serviceable backup for Kobe; Backup C & PF (interchangeable hybrids)

Im just saying looking at Lakers track record over the yrs = no youngbucks are getting any menaingful mins of burn to contribute even if they have some skill to do so. Lakers are very stuck in their ways no matter the coach.

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 05:38 AM

I agree Lakers need 6 young players that are athletes, active, & hybrid players: 2 catch & Shoot / spot up shooters; 1 athletic scoring PG that can create off the dribble for himself & others; real serviceable backup for Kobe; Backup C & PF (interchangeable hybrids)

Im just saying looking at Lakers track record over the yrs = no youngbucks are getting any menaingful mins of burn to contribute even if they have some skill to do so. Lakers are very stuck in their ways no matter the coach.

Lakers suck at drafting because they didn't have to draft players when we could just trade for everybodys players and pay them well in the off season...... It's not like we have the Trail Blazers kind of draft history and heck even they drafted Batum, Lamarcus Alridge, and Damian Lillard... so let's not get too down on drafting...

we also pretty much have a new owner in Jim Buss I have no Idea what his agenda is and where he plans to take this team but I hope he's looking to get a better scouting staff since Kobe is coming to the end of his Career and Idk if Dwight can be a true leader for this team

#37 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Lakers suck at drafting because they didn't have to draft players when we could just trade for everybodys players and pay them well in the off season...... It's not like we have the Trail Blazers kind of draft history and heck even they drafted Batum, Lamarcus Alridge, and Damian Lillard... so let's not get too down on drafting...

we also pretty much have a new owner in Jim Buss I have no Idea what his agenda is and where he plans to take this team but I hope he's looking to get a better scouting staff since Kobe is coming to the end of his Career and Idk if Dwight can be a true leader for this team

TO me its more about the talent scouts on the team = they do not do a good job of assessing talent & being able to determine what can translate to actual oncourt production. Last 3 PGS Lakers drafted could have been used but they didnt get a chance. When free agency goes on Lakers pass on type of players that they specifically need for older former names in NBA or injury prone players that dont mess well with current roster.

#38 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Myack Kabongo has entered the Draft??!? he was supposed to be a lottery pick last year he might actually fall to the second round this year!!! he would be a major steal!!!

#39 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Y'all aren't telling the whole truth.

lakers don't Suck at drafting... I mean Scare was the last pick of the draft, Morris was a late pick, as was Ebanks and so of course, these players aren't good enough to get minutes on a veteran team.

the Lakers do what they need to do with the draft. farmar,Sasha, Bynum all were a part of our most recent championships, and some guys take those minor contributions for granted.

#40 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 12, 2013 - 11:43 AM

This year's NBA draft is as important as the MLB draft.   It sucks. Nobody is going to watch and it will have players you never heard of picked. You seriously going to believe a second round pick will help the lakers?  This is not the NFL

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users