#41 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 01, 2013 - 03:34 PM

This team is 29-30 with all the changes, all the injuries, and the 3rd toughest schedule in the league. The fact we're in the running says a lot about us and our potential still.

The teams above us are in the 15-20 ranges of difficulty in schedule.

The Jazz actually were 16th.

Now their schedule is getting harder.

The teams above us are dropping because they got an early start with the easy schedules, but now they got to face the hard schedules to stay afloat while we get the easier schedule to make a run.

So if we keep winning the games we're supposed to win, the three teams above us are gonna get real nervous cause they got a schedule of toughness like ours they "have" to win in order to make the playoffs.

So if they falter when their schedule gets as tough as ours was, what does that say?

Dude all I'm saying is that this team has underperformed. There is no amount of data that u can throw at me to say otherwise. I've watched every minute of every game this year. This team has underperformed and for you to say this team is saying a lot about its potential that we are in ninth [expletive]ing place is beyond stupid and it sounds like you are trying to make yourself feel better by saying that stupid [expletive]. Can't wait for you to type a three paragraph response that misquotes me, completely misinterprets what I said, and bounces around the [expletive]ing truth, which is that we'll be lucky to get in the playoffs.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, March 01, 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,931 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 01, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Majesty, where do you get this data? Here is what I found. Of the remaining games for each team, the opponents' winning percentages are as follow:
Rockets 47%
Warriors 48%
Lakers 49%
Jazz 52%

http://www.playoffst...sternsosrg.html

I realize that opponents winning % is only one way to "gauge" strength of schedule, so I would be interested in what you have found. It may be a more sophisticated analysis than simple winning %.

Based upon the above, though, it appears that the Lakers have the harder opponents than 2 of the 3 teams above them.

Not in this month of march, which is where whether or not we make the playoffs is more or less going to be determined :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#43 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,304 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Well, I think we and the other teams have to play all the games, including the ones in April, and if we make the POs or miss, it will likely be by a game or two either way.  So I think they all count.  Schedule difficulty in April is just as relevant as March.  Which brings me back to the point- the Rockets and Warriors have slightly easier schedules than we do, at least measured by opponents' winning %.  Let's see how it plays out in the real world though.

Debbie Downer

#44 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:50 PM

the espn crew is worse.

right now Magic Johnson is ripping Andrew Bynum for not wanting to play through pain!!! This is why i dont like you as a analyst Magic! Does Magic know that right now ,Bynum and the Sixers are mulling season ending arthroscopic knee surgery!!??!

god bless magic, but, he needs to shutup with half of the stuff he blurts out.

Edited by iDreamShake, March 01, 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#45 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 633 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted March 01, 2013 - 09:17 PM

the espn crew is worse.

right now Magic Johnson is ripping Andrew Bynum for not wanting to play through pain!!! This is why i dont like you as a analyst Magic! Does Magic know that right now ,Bynum and the Sixers are mulling season ending arthroscopic knee surgery!!??!

I was deff taken aback when he said that he "never played with pain" before with the Lakers. I'm not here saying Bynum is some crazy warrior that can play through anything but I do remember him playing on one knee throughout the 2010 finals

#46 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 01, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Bill Simmons is the reason I quit watching the ABC/ESPN studio show.  He's a troll.

If Lakers were in the East, they would probably be at least 35-24 right now, and our main focus would be on whether or not we could beat the Heat.  (Which we can't).

Lakers will be very good next year. But, I think they need the psychological boost of making the play-offs this year.  It works on multiple levels:

1) The team accomplishes something (making the play-offs) after having their backs against the wall.

2) It reduces some of the negativity that is going to surround this team when the season is over.  (Face it, they are going to get shredded for anything less than a WCF appearance).

3) It reduces the amount of time between the end of the season and free agency.  (In short, less time for Howard to consider leaving).

4 We might just do something crazy and make the Finals.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#47 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,347 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 01, 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think our record with Nash,Dwight,Kobe,Meeks,Clark, and Jamison all playing significant minutes is indicative of this team. Add Blake into that mix.

Now we have to figure out Hill and Pau moving forward, and more importantly replace Metta with a younger guy and a PG who can take Nash's spot eventually.

#48 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,769 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:57 AM

the espn crew is worse.

How can it be season ending surgery?  He never started the season to begin with lol...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#49 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,304 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 08:07 AM

I think our record with Nash,Dwight,Kobe,Meeks,Clark, and Jamison all playing significant minutes is indicative of this team. Add Blake into that mix.

Now we have to figure out Hill and Pau moving forward, and more importantly replace Metta with a younger guy and a PG who can take Nash's spot eventually.

Can you elaborate?  Do you mean essentially the month of February?

Debbie Downer

#50 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,347 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 02, 2013 - 09:04 AM

Can you elaborate? Do you mean essentially the month of February?

Well if u remember the way the season has gone, we stunk with Mike Brown with no progress.
We won some games under Bernie.

MDA came and tried to establish quick pace but it didn't work. We went from sucking to losing close games.

Nash comes back and we go on a little streak before Dwight's labrum injury and Hills injury.

There has been a steady uptick in our play. Started a bit before the Grammy trip, playing around .500, then a solid road trip, and now we are 4-1 since the break with a nice test on Sunday.

#51 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,304 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 11:54 AM

Whether we are playing "better" depends upon the yardstick.  We were 12-4 in February, pretty good record overall.  Let's break it down.  Beat the teams were were supposed to (that's progress), which were mostly bottom rung type teams, but went 2-4 against teams over .500.  Not good.  And one of those wins was against Boston, which is barely above .500 in the East.  So not really that impressive.

It is a similar result against "good" teams in January, except we were losing to even the sub .500 teams then as well.  So now we can beat Minny and Phoenix, so its time to make the victory parade plans I guess.

Sorry to pee in the punchbowl but the facts are the facts.

Debbie Downer

#52 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 02, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Bill Simmons is the reason I quit watching the ABC/ESPN studio show.  He's a troll.

If Lakers were in the East, they would probably be at least 35-24 right now, and our main focus would be on whether or not we could beat the Heat.  (Which we can't).

Lakers will be very good next year. But, I think they need the psychological boost of making the play-offs this year.  It works on multiple levels:

1) The team accomplishes something (making the play-offs) after having their backs against the wall.

2) It reduces some of the negativity that is going to surround this team when the season is over.  (Face it, they are going to get shredded for anything less than a WCF appearance).

3) It reduces the amount of time between the end of the season and free agency.  (In short, less time for Howard to consider leaving).

4 We might just do something crazy and make the Finals.

I agree. If we can keep the main core in tact next season while maybe adding a SF and a scorer off the bench, I think we can be right up there with the best. This offseason Dwight will focus on his conditioning and healing his injuries and come back next season as the Dwight in recent years. If he can do that it should take a lot of pressure off of Kobe and Nash, who will be another season older.

#53 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted March 08, 2013 - 04:40 PM

magic johnson just said that the "his one player who needs to step up" is brandon jennings. LOL. hes avg 16 assists per game this month, along with 16ppg. like ive been saying in this thread - the ESPN crew is worse than the TNT crew. and god bless magic,but, he needs to keep his opinions to himself.

also, Wilbon just said that JAmal Crawfords pass to blake on the imfamous Alley Oop of the year, was better than blakes dunk. WINDMILL ALLEY OOP , ANYONE! lord. the espn crew is horrible

Edited by iDreamShake, March 08, 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#54 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 08, 2013 - 05:44 PM

god bless magic,but, he needs to keep his opinions to himself.

Huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users