Photo

Shaq Says He Doesn't BS, Disses Jalen Rose

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 05:07 PM

http://blacksportson...t/#.US_-NlfNWuk

Shaq during an interview with Slam Magazine, was asked about being an analyst and how he thinks he’s doing so far.  Shaq pulled no punches explaining how well he thought he was doing, and even delivered some ether for Jalen Rose.

shaq-jalen-rose.jpg

When it comes to being an analyst, you either speak from the experience side or you speak from the research side. I speak from the experience side and fans they wanna hear that. Our show is the number one show and we also make you laugh. Like me, I don’t wanna hear all the bull[expletive] from people that never played. Like Jalen Rose.

I said it. It’s a quote.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 28, 2013 - 05:15 PM

But he did play?
Posted Image

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,249 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:03 PM

But he did play?

he did, he like kobe drop 81 on him

ap1.png

#4 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,242 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:12 PM

Tired of hearing from fat boy.
Posted Image

#5 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Jalen = one of the best basketball analysts I've EVER seen in history of basketball.

Shaq = WTF is he doing on the air?  He has nothing to say.  At least Charles is dumb as a rock and isn't afraid to show it (which is why 80% of you find him funny).

Seriously.  Shaq.  I mean REALLY.  Apparently you got a PhD.  Act like it.  Not like some second grader man-child.

• 40,400 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:18 PM

^ Having watched "Inside The NBA" many times, you can tell Chuck is at least slightly intimidated by Shaq. Shaq's been the only guy I've ever seen to call out Barkley as often and harshly (at times) as he has.

yo.

#7 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Funny how "Inside the NBA" was better BEFORE Shaq joined... 

Best basketball discussions happen when Bill Simmons, Jalen Rose, and the White Mamba Scalabrine is in the room.  Not that dumb man-child Shaq.  Charles is only "intimidated" by Shaq because he's too dumb to realize that they're behind a desk, not on a court.

#8 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,513 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:50 PM

I like both of them. Those grantland skits Jalen does on Youtube are hilarious. And I love TNT's crew, including Shaq.

This kinda stuff isn't a surprise coming from Shaq. He's always quick to throw out a diss

#9 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2013 - 02:23 AM

Just Shaq being Shaq lol. Jalen owns Shaq as an all round analyst. However I must say for entertainment purposes the TNT crew are top notch. I don't know how many times their banter will have me in absolute fits. Basically if you want a good laugh and a basic analysis the TNT crews your show. If your wanting proper analysis of the NBA then pretty much anyone else is better lol.

#10 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted March 01, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Jalen = one of the best basketball analysts I've EVER seen in history of basketball.

Shaq = WTF is he doing on the air?  He has nothing to say.  At least Charles is dumb as a rock and isn't afraid to show it (which is why 80% of you find him funny).

Seriously.  Shaq.  I mean REALLY.  Apparently you got a PhD.  Act like it.  Not like some second grader man-child.

see im 180 of that. i think shaq is great, and funny too. and i think jalen is awkward; and doesnt say anything special; dont like him.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#11 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2013 - 11:12 AM

I disagree with some of the posters here.  I think Shaq improved the TNT line up.  As stated earlier, he's there for entertainment purposes and he and Barkely absolutely liven up the set.  They're a fun watch every single time.

Edited by ColStac, March 01, 2013 - 11:12 AM.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#12 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 01, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Arent shaq and jalen friends? Isnt this just a joke or jab at jalen? I remember that they were going back and forth on twitter before but i think they both said it was just jokes. Just entertainment pretty much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users