Photo

Pau Attends UCLA Game With Ricky Rubio

His first college ball game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• 38,947 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 04:41 PM

http://www.foxsports...351&feedID=3707

It's been well documented how much Lakers forward Pau Gasol loves Los Angeles. He's been to Dodgers games and done various philanthropic efforts at local hospitals, but Wednesday night he enjoyed a first.

Gasol visited the new Pauley Pavilion and took in what he says was his first college basketball game, a 79-74 overtime win for UCLA over Arizona State.

Gasol attended the game with his Spanish National Team teammate and Minnesota Timberwolves point guard, Ricky Rubio, who is in town for Minnesota's game against the Lakers on Thursday night.

750679.jpg

Rubio, who recently came to Gasol's defense, saying "it seems like the Lakers don't want him," and adding that Gasol was "more than welcome" on the Timberwolves, watched alongside Gasol as his younger brother's team battled for a Pac-12 championship.

The youngest of the Gasol's, Adria, is a walk-on freshman at UCLA. He's yet to make an appearance for the Bruins this season, who improved to 21-7 and 11-4 in Pac-12 play - now tied for first in the conference - on Wednesday night.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

I didn't know his youngest Brother was playing at UCLA. Interesting. Hope he gets a shot at some point. Curious to see how good he is.

yo.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,483 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 28, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Pau hanging out with friend and future teammate Ricky Rubio.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#3 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 28, 2013 - 05:14 PM

^Sure hope so, and not here.

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 28, 2013 - 07:10 PM

I knew his brother is at ucla, I don't know why he has not gotten any mins

Hope he becomes another great 2nd round pick for the lakers

• 38,947 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 07:13 PM

^ Here's to hoping, and I'd hate to assume he's not even gonna' get there, but it sure seems what way right now. I mean granted he's a freshman right now, but he's not getting any playing time whatsoever and another thing, I haven't been able to find ANY highlights or videos of the guy whatsoever.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users