58 replies to this topic

#21 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 28, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yea go for it because I still have your two idiotic statements saying Harden is better than Kobe and Clippers have a have a better owner than the Lakers lol

Be happy to address that for you.  I am a profound idiot by your measures.  TODAY (not last year etc) I think Harden is slightly better, and his upside is huge compared to Kobe's.  He has already proven to be a superior leader as well.  TODAY (not yesterday etc) the Clippers have a better/ younger roster at a cheaper payroll, a more immediately brighter future, more draft picks, a better locker room culture, a better coach (it's relative though) and cuter dancers ... that all points ultimately to better ownership.

I will tell you what the better test of this would be ... lets post on a neutral NBA team's board, like ... the Bobcats .. ask their fans, who is better today, Kobe or Harden, and who is the better owner today?  I dont think you will like the answer. 

#22 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Antawn Jamison is closing in on 20,000 points, 99% of the 20k points club are headed for the hall of fame. Pretty incredible

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#23 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 28, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Kobe is number 7th place in the top 10 all time in my books. if he finish in 3 years  with 7 titles, 3 fmvp, 18 all star star selection, 12 defensive all time, etc... He can be between 2-5 selection in the top 10

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#24 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 28, 2013 - 04:47 PM

Even if Kobe gets Kareems record, 2 more rings and another FMVP he still wont be considered GOAT. Top 5 at that point definitely.  Most people consider him top 10, not top 5 now. 

Only person I see topping Jordan is Lebron if he wins a couple more MVPs, multiple rings & FMVPs (needs at least 4 more of each), and more crazy seasons like this one...and playoff games like game 7 against boston last year.

i have a problem with this because how is kobe disqualified from the GOAT and lebron is not 

last time i checked both lost in the finals twice. only difference is; kobe is sitting on 5 rings whereas lebron has 1 

as far as MVP's go we all know kobe got robbed out of at least 2     03,06 

Edited by UNLABORED FLAWLESS, February 28, 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#25 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,470 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 28, 2013 - 05:49 PM

Be happy to address that for you.  I am a profound idiot by your measures.  TODAY (not last year etc) I think Harden is slightly better, and his upside is huge compared to Kobe's.  He has already proven to be a superior leader as well.  TODAY (not yesterday etc) the Clippers have a better/ younger roster at a cheaper payroll, a more immediately brighter future, more draft picks, a better locker room culture, a better coach (it's relative though) and cuter dancers ... that all points ultimately to better ownership.

I will tell you what the better test of this would be ... lets post on a neutral NBA team's board, like ... the Bobcats .. ask their fans, who is better today, Kobe or Harden, and who is the better owner today?  I dont think you will like the answer. 

K go on a neutral NBA teams board and ask those questions and bring me back the results......I will be right. While you are at it, ask some real basketball analyst.

Kobe is a better scorer and all around player. Kobe still has better stats. 

Lakers are still more valuable than the Clippers. Lakers still have 16 titles and Clippers still have 0. Talk to me when Clippers do something in the real season.

Oh and i still want those results...so get to it

#26 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:41 PM

How is it that hard for people to grasp what I am saying?

One or two more rings in the twilight of Kobe's career while he has Dwight and Nash is not going to make him GOAT...lol thats just absurd, and Kobe is my all time favorite player...

I have been watching basketball for a long time, and have watched the Lakers for a long time.  I am telling you right now, that most non-Laker fans consider Kobe top 10, some consider him top 5 but most have MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Wilt ahead of him.  

What I am saying about Lebron is due to Lebron's play the past year and a half. If he continues this level of play for multiple years to come, that shoots him ahead of Kobe's prime and Kobe on the all time list.  If he gets 5 or more rings, another 1 or 2 MVPs, and 5 or more finals MVPs, he and Jordan will be debated for GOAT.  

#27 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 28, 2013 - 07:01 PM

One or two more rings in the twilight of Kobe's career while he has Dwight and Nash is not going to make him GOAT...lol thats just absurd, and Kobe is my all time favorite player...

I have been watching basketball for a long time, and have watched the Lakers for a long time.  I am telling you right now, that most non-Laker fans consider Kobe top 10, some consider him top 5 but most have MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Wilt ahead of him.  

What I am saying about Lebron is due to Lebron's play the past year and a hal
f. If he continues this level of play for multiple years to come, that shoots him ahead of Kobe's prime and Kobe on the all time list.  If he gets 5 or more rings, another 1 or 2 MVPs, and 5 or more finals MVPs, he and Jordan will be debated for GOAT.  

Plz smack yourself asap
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#28 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 07:28 PM

K go on a neutral NBA teams board and ask those questions and bring me back the results......I will be right. While you are at it, ask some real basketball analyst.

Kobe is a better scorer and all around player. Kobe still has better stats. 

Lakers are still more valuable than the Clippers. Lakers still have 16 titles and Clippers still have 0. Talk to me when Clippers do something in the real season.

Oh and i still want those results...so get to it

You really love to keep moving the target dont you?  The assertion was that TODAY the Clippers have a better owner, which I backed up with meaningful details and information.  Your response was that the Lakers franchise is more valuable than the Clippers.  No debate which is the more valuable.  Wanna respond to the assertion now with meaningful insight?

And I posted on the Bobcats board, lets see what we get.  I will play it straight up with you and post exactly what they say, in a few days.

#29 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted February 28, 2013 - 07:30 PM

Plz smack yourself asap

Plz learn 2 basketball asap

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Individually (disregarding team sport for a moment) PEAK Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players of all time. I'm talking about sheer dominance on the basketball court the likes of which has only been matched by other greats like Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Shaquille O'Neal

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Kobe is not playing until he's 38. Especially not with how Mike Brown and D'Antoni have been using him.

#32 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,787 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Individually (disregarding team sport for a moment) PEAK Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players of all time. I'm talking about sheer dominance on the basketball court the likes of which has only been matched by other greats like Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Shaquille O'Neal

Agreed.  And it was a privilege to watch him in those days.

#33 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:43 PM

I concur. Kareem said it best "After the half court line, Kobe is the most dangerous player on the court"

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#34 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Kobe is playing like he wants to pass Wilt by the end of this game.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 01, 2013 - 12:10 AM

I have been watching basketball for a long time, and have watched the Lakers for a long time. I am telling you right now, that most non-Laker fans consider Kobe top 10, some consider him top 5 but most have MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Wilt ahead of him.

What I am saying about Lebron is due to Lebron's play the past year and a half. If he continues this level of play for multiple years to come, that shoots him ahead of Kobe's prime and Kobe on the all time list. If he gets 5 or more rings, another 1 or 2 MVPs, and 5 or more finals MVPs, he and Jordan will be debated for GOAT.

So Kobe can't be GOAT with Nash and Howard but LeBron can be GOAT with Bosh and Wade.... Yeah you're making sense....

/sarcasm

And Kobe's prime eclipses LeBron's current. It's not even close.

Edited by Majesty, March 01, 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#36 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 01, 2013 - 01:14 AM

And Kobe's prime eclipses LeBron's current. It's not even close.

I don't think the difference is all that big, but it depends on what you want to consider his prime. 

LeBron just this season is showing evidence of having developed a complete game, something I'd say Kobe had around roughly 2003. But LeBron's season this year has been statistically top tier, and I'd say this is probably his ultimate prime. In comparison to Kobe's 05-06, I'd go with Kobe but I wouldn't say "it's not even close."

Looking at Kobe's extended prime years from say 2003-2010 or 2005-2010, Kobe obviously takes it since he lead his teams to the finals three times and won two rings, with supporting casts far worse than LBJs. That being said, we need to wait to evaluate how that compares to LeBron's. 

I think Kobe will come out on top when it comes to the greatest of all time list though. Look at how he's playing at 17 years into his career, I highly doubt LeBron will be putting up comparable numbers when he's 34. 

#37 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,729 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 01, 2013 - 01:28 AM

Antawn Jamison is closing in on 20,000 points, 99% of the 20k points club are headed for the hall of fame. Pretty incredible

pretty sure he will be part of that one percent though

#38 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 01:31 AM

Kobe BryantVerified account ‏@kobebryant
Omg . My man just gave me a new nickname and I love it! Ha #vino

Kobe BryantVerified account ‏@kobebryant
@nbarocksstc: @kobebryant since that means you get better the longer you play, think you can play another 5 years ;)” we shall see #vino

CountonKobe commercial might come true after all.. Timer at the end was going until 2019. LOL that'd be insane tho

Edited by Tensai, March 01, 2013 - 01:39 AM.

#39 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 01, 2013 - 02:05 AM

How is it that hard for people to grasp what I am saying? Because you're not making sense.

What I am saying about Lebron is due to Lebron's play the past year and a half. If he continues this level of play for multiple years to come, that shoots him ahead of Kobe's prime and Kobe on the all time list.  If he gets 5 or more rings, another 1 or 2 MVPs, and 5 or more finals MVPs, he and Jordan will be debated for GOAT.  LOL as if that's easy to do.

The GOAT discussion will never end! Those who followed MJ would point to him and those who followed Kareem would point to him and all people older than 65 years would shake their head at point to Wilt and Russell. IMO a case can be made for all four guys.

Right now, I think Kobe (and Duncan) are in the Bird, Magic class but Kobe could potentially move up into the MJ,Kareem,Wilt,Russell-tier, but to do this he would need to get at least one more ring and/or beat Kareems scoring record.

I think it’s possible. MJ scored close to 23 ppg at age 38 and 20 ppg at age 39, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Kobe could drop 20ppg in his late 30s. In that case he could potentially end up in the 40K-realm.

Regarding championships, I think if Dwight re-signs this summer he could win a championship on his current contract with the pieces we have. In 2014 the Lakers could potentially sign Melo, LBJ or Bosh  in the summer and he could go on to win yet another ring(s).

Another important area is what happens after his playing career. Imagine if he starts winning championships as a coach or GM.

#40 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 02:34 AM

Kobe Bryant @kobebryant

E=mc2 = #Vino

:laughing: he's digging the new nickname.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users