vlad rad
kobe
fisher

with

odom
farmar
sasha
ariza

all bench players and now people want to fantasize about adding lebron to that mix

i mean c'mon this is 100% lebron wants to come here if kobe bolts out of LA if kobe stays lebron does not come here plain and simple

now if he truly wants to come here sign another 3 year deal with cleveland when all our contracts are up except bynum and kobes then we can talk

maybe 4 years from now but this right now is our super team enjoy it stop hoping for something else

lebron is a freakin animal unto his own a 6"9' guy with a 40 inch vertical and arms like a tank but we got

bynum
gasol
lamar
kobe

right now lets enjoy it all you guys crying for lebron obviously weren't laker fans in 2004-2005 season and the 05-06, 06/07 because it was horrible watching a team with no expectations other than how much can kobe score this year

we have title aspirations this year enjoy it rather than bring us all down with stupid childish fantasies of putting the top 2 players in the NBA on the same team

one of which is 23 years old and the most physically dominant player on the planet yet laker fans fantasize of him taking the MLE to play here
Posted Image

#22 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:09 PM

Let him stay in Cleveland.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#23 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 04:16 PM

Let him stay in Cleveland.

Let him? [expletive].

Lebron's going to Brooklyn.

Stop dreaming, he's not coming to LA.

I wonder if people on a Mavs forum are going crazy debating if he's going there.

#24 K. Dot

K. Dot

Spark & Fly

• 3,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2008 - 04:24 PM

I don't think he will go to the Mavs. I think he wills stay with his Cavs. Just IMO.

#25 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:00 PM

i think its possible if kobe takes a pay-cut...b/c Lebron would take one to not appear to be selfish and his popularity would rise...but this only happens in fantasies
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#26 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:08 PM

i think its possible if kobe takes a pay-cut...b/c Lebron would take one to not appear to be selfish and his popularity would rise...but this only happens in fantasies

Yea, they're both selfish

#27 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:32 PM

No way, no how.

I concur...

#28 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 30, 2008 - 12:42 PM

Let him? [expletive].

Lebron's going to Brooklyn.

Stop dreaming, he's not coming to LA.

I wonder if people on a Mavs forum are going crazy debating if he's going there.

Yeh, let him.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#29 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 30, 2008 - 01:00 PM

First of all, cut the Brooklyn possibility cuz latest word around the league sources say that's very likely NOT to happen by 2010. They're having financial problems, especially lately with the whole economic crisis and they're really REALLY gonna' have to push back their plans for an even longer time.

#30 Perfecto

Perfecto

Im'ma let you finish...

• 787 posts

Posted October 30, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Isn't there a rumor that if LeBron signs with Los Angeles or New York, Nike gives him $50 million bonus? Damn. MLE with the Lakers! :haha:

Posted Image
"Pass me the damn ball, I don't need a pick at all."

#31 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 30, 2008 - 07:49 PM

that would be cool. but i dont think that it's gonna happen. he'll sign with a different team.

#32 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,860 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted October 30, 2008 - 07:50 PM

for now we can just dream it

#33 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted October 30, 2008 - 09:00 PM

Lebron will stay in the East. Kobe and Lebron would not work. U cannot have 2 major superstars for one team. That's why Kobe and Shaq ended.

#34 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted October 30, 2008 - 09:03 PM

Wrong^!!!!

#35 Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

Aztek Lakerfan

• 466 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted October 30, 2008 - 09:07 PM

Wrong^!!!!

Explain my friend.

#36 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,860 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted October 30, 2008 - 09:20 PM

obiviouisly u didnt watch the olympics aztek

#37 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 30, 2008 - 10:30 PM

LeBron's really gotta work on his game other than flying over everyone's head and relying on his unnatural power to dominate people. The reason I say that is because once he reaches a certain age, I don't see him being able to fly over everyone and throw it down.

With the Lakers as currently constructed, I think it's a great contender as is, I just wish they could've somehow kept Ronny around for pure chemistry purposes. LeBron should be going after as much money as he can get at this early stage in his career, especially with the economy as it is...and all politics aside, I really don't know if either candidate can do what they're wanting to do to fix this economy...which is even more incentive for him to get as much dough as possible.

It would make more sense to me to see LeBron head over to New York before LA because not only would he be the main man over there, but also because he'd be in a huge media market where he can make as much money as he wants, and he can have D'Antoni's style built around him.

Ultimately, I think LeBron is a loyal guy and will stick to his home in Cleveland where he can be kept semi-grounded, if that's even possible for his Shaq-like ego. But, if he did end up in New York that would be a wet dream for David Stern to have a New York vs. LA NBA Finals featuring two of the best players the league has ever seen, similar to Magic vs. MJ.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#38 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 30, 2008 - 11:09 PM

Lebron will stay in the East. Kobe and Lebron would not work. U cannot have 2 major superstars for one team. That's why Kobe and Shaq ended.

I think that a lot depends on the mentality of those superstars. At that time, both of them still had a lot of maturing to do, and I don't think either of them really fully understood just what they had, nor how to handle it. That duo will always be one of the most tragic endings in sports history no matter what happens in both players' careers.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#39 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 31, 2008 - 12:24 AM

Uh yea they won 3 titles.

You lose.

#40 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted October 31, 2008 - 05:28 PM

If LeBron winds up in LA while Kobe is still playing for us, I will shave my head. That's how strongly I believe that this will/can not happen. The math doesn't work.

Maybe after Kobe retires (if the math works then), but not before.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users