Photo

LeBron Has The Lakers In Mind

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:04 AM

Posted Image

Donnie Walsh, the Knicks GM, had heard for years about Wesley’s influence, but never met him. The two didn’t talk about James, sources say, but it was a chance for the Knicks president to be around one of the most influential people in James’ decision-making process. The Knicks are working hard to get under the salary cap in 2010.

With the Knicks, there are two teams a source familiar with James’ thinking says intrigue him: The Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks.

http://sports.yahoo....7...o&type=lgns

Dallas isn't a big market but I see why he wants to play there. He wants to play with Jason Kidd. As for the Lakers, i'm sure he bonded with Kobe and wants along with him. Plus LA of course is a big market. And i'm sure LeBron wants to play here cause he wants to win. Lakers are all about championships. I would love to have LeBron in a Laker uniform. But how much does LeBron want?

#2 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:10 AM

. But how much does LeBron want?

More importantly, how much does Cleveland want...
Posted Image

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:13 AM

More importantly, how much does Cleveland want...

Isn't LeBron a unrestricted free agent next summer?

#4 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:27 AM

Isn't LeBron a unrestricted free agent next summer?

I'm not sure, is he?
Posted Image

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:31 AM

LeBron has a player option in 2010/11, for around $17 million. Let's make sure we know this first.

With Kobe, Gasol, Vujacic, Walton and Farmar ONLY, our salary total will be around $60 million in 2010/11.

Re-signing Bynum will lift that higher.

Then, that's only six total players, making a combined $70+ million a year (assuming Bynum gets only $10 million that first season, by the way).

LeBron would have to take the MLE...and there's absolutely no chance he will do that, when he'll be due to make $20 million plus.

That means we have to trade for him, which means it's either Kobe, Gasol or Bynum...and I doubt Cleveland will want Gasol or Bynum, and Kobe won't be able to carry a Cleveland team on his back by 2011.

The Knicks have nothing to offer, either. If they just keep letting their players go, they'd probably have the cap space, but LeBron wouldn't want to go to a team with just Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.

Brooklyn is going to be huge for him, though, and I think there's a big chance it will happen. LeBron, Harris, Williams, Lopez, Jianlian, and Carter...with the way their contracts are set up, they'll be able to give LeBron the max.

Dallas? No chance.

#6 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2008 - 03:59 AM

There's probably no way the Lakers could get LeBron mostly because what Real Deal said. The only way LeBron would go to Lakers and take the MLE would be if he wanted a championship more than money.
Posted Image

#7 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted October 29, 2008 - 07:31 AM

LeBron has a player option in 2010/11, for around $17 million. Let's make sure we know this first.

With Kobe, Gasol, Vujacic, Walton and Farmar ONLY, our salary total will be around $60 million in 2010/11.

Then, that's only six total players, making a combined $70+ million a year (assuming Bynum gets only $10 million that first season, by the way).

LeBron would have to take the MLE...and there's absolutely no chance he will do that, when he'll be due to make $20 million plus.

That means we have to trade for him, which means it's either Kobe, Gasol or Bynum...and I doubt Cleveland will want Gasol or Bynum, and Kobe won't be able to carry a Cleveland team on his back by 2011.

The Knicks have nothing to offer, either. If they just keep letting their players go, they'd probably have the cap space, but LeBron wouldn't want to go to a team with just Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.

Brooklyn is going to be huge for him, though, and I think there's a big chance it will happen. LeBron, Harris, Williams, Lopez, Jianlian, and Carter...with the way their contracts are set up, they'll be able to give LeBron the max.

Dallas? No chance.

Or we could sign and trade :hi:

Bynum is the hottest center prospect out there. He'd probably be the best player Cleveland could get for LeBron.

We trade:

Bynum
Odom

We get:

LeBron
Zydrunas

We pair Kobe with the 2nd most lethal scorer in the league with the 1st in him, we're easily unstoppable. We still have Gasol in the front court, and have a nice presence with Zyudrunas.

C Zydrunas
PF Gasol
SF LeBron
SG Kobe
PG Fisher

I love Bynum as much as the next, but I don't see Buss shelling out the money he wants. I only see Buss shelling out big money for somebody as marketable as LeBron. Also, when you have a chance to pair the top two players in the league, you do it!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#8 Dr. Laker

Dr. Laker

Rookie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Elgin Baylor

Posted October 29, 2008 - 07:42 AM

Big Z is too old.

Bynum for Bronnie and find a Brendan Hatwood type to play C

#9 Kam

Kam

Basketball Immortality

• 2,455 posts
  • Name:Kam Pashai
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted October 29, 2008 - 09:06 AM

Not going to happen.

A player like LeBron won't/shouldn't take that kind of a paycut.

#10 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted October 29, 2008 - 09:27 AM

No..stay in Cleveland..we have Kobe.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#11 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted October 29, 2008 - 09:35 AM

LeBron would stunt the growth of our young players.

#12 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 09:47 AM

I used to think that Kobe and LeBron could work well together, but after watching the Olympics, that changed my mind. I don't think LeBron and Kobe could really get a long and play at a level of complementing each other like they would need to. LeBron was very hesitant to pass the ball to an open Kobe especially during that Spanish championship game, and I really do think that LeBron is out for himself. He seems like a good person but I really think he'd be trying to take over the team from Kobe, and we don't need another Shaq-Kobe situation all over again.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#13 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted October 29, 2008 - 10:14 AM

LeBron would stunt the growth of our young players.

Great analysis, except that it's not due to your lack of explanation.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#14 The Gemini Method

The Gemini Method

The Rather Weathered Infamous

• 196 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2008 - 11:34 AM

It's probably best to hold on to wishes and make them happen in NBA 2K9 or something. I mean, it would take a pretty big coup for Kupchak to make a trade seem reasonable for the caliber of a player James is. It could also just be doublespeak to get Cleveland or New Jersey to offer the max deals in order for his services. But man, imagine if it were to come through? The way you could see the official baton being passed from Kobe to LeBron on the same squad? Dream big is always the best way to dream, isn't it?

#15 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 11:43 AM

Dallas? No chance.

Great analysis.

I think that it depends on how good Bynum becomes. If Bynum becomes a 20 and 13 type of guy, the Cavs may be interested. But it all depends on whether you want to lose all your post defense or not. Taking in Big Z would be nice if he were a little younger, but he's not. I know we're talking about LEBRON here, but you have to consider what teams would do to us with no post defense (see NBA Finals).
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#16 GinzyVee

GinzyVee

Clutch

• 1,969 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted October 29, 2008 - 11:49 AM

i think bron wants a trophy more than money....i mean he has been so close a couple of times now but couldn't finish it.

#17 !PAUER!

!PAUER!

Rookie

• 317 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 12:00 PM

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

You wont win with Lebron and Kobe without players like Bynum or Gasol.
I think Lebron would work better with Carter anyway.

Oh and there is no way we would trade Kobe for Lebron.

#18 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 12:02 PM

Oh and there is no way we would trade Kobe for Lebron.

Even if we tried, Kobe would use his no trade clause.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#19 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 29, 2008 - 12:37 PM

i dont think new jersey will move to brooklyn by 2010 and that means no lebron with jay z, i honestly think he has to make up his mind by playing in either NY or LA or stay pat in cleveland for a short time, and if its in LA, i dont know how we'll get him but would it make our team better because it would be a trade and lebron would have to learn the triangle which im sure he wouldnt like
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#20 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2008 - 12:41 PM

No way, no how.

1 user(s) are reading this topic