39 replies to this topic

#21 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Does he remind you guys of Javale McGee?

not athletic enough to be like McGee. He looks like a more skilled big. McGee is raw just getting by his freakish length & athleticism.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#22 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:48 AM

This guy really is not that athletic, but he has a great looking shot for a 7 footer and has good footwork and fundamentals for post work.

He really can not jump though...just watch that youtube video. Certainly no Javale.

#23 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2013 - 10:05 AM

I have heard of this guy before he's okay I guess He was buried last year in the Knicks Rotation last year. He doesn't look like a strong rebounder but Anything is Better than having Earl Clark play Center

#24 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Monogatari

• 8,418 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 04:00 PM

This guy really is not that athletic, but he has a great looking shot for a 7 footer and has good footwork and fundamentals for post work.

He really can not jump though...just watch that youtube video. Certainly no Javale.

A Sacre with more moves then.

MMiRi9s.png

#25 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 26, 2013 - 04:55 PM

I feel like we should take the chance on the guy. He has pretty much never been given a chance. He got one real game to play. Played 24 mins went 6-11 with 13 points. Not bad but he only grabbed 4 rebounds and it was against the bobcats. He seems to have decent post moves and is a big body. Not much video of the guy playing in the nba though.He has no injuries though so thats a plus. Right now clark and dwight are our only bigs that play. We could use another. Scare just plain wont help us. He is a awful rebounder and has no offense. I dont see him really doing much for us.

#26 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 06:00 PM

I feel like we should take the chance on the guy. He has pretty much never been given a chance. He got one real game to play. Played 24 mins went 6-11 with 13 points. Not bad but he only grabbed 4 rebounds and it was against the bobcats. He seems to have decent post moves and is a big body. Not much video of the guy playing in the nba though.He has no injuries though so thats a plus. Right now clark and dwight are our only bigs that play. We could use another. Scare just plain wont help us. He is a awful rebounder and has no offense. I dont see him really doing much for us.

sacre could help just like some of other guys stuck picking ther butts on bench but they are not allowed to play. so that makes u assume they cant help us. coach d is just stubborn. he thought Clark couldnt help either! 

Edited by gque24, February 26, 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#27 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 26, 2013 - 06:03 PM

No one thought clark could help. 

#28 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 06:05 PM

No one thought clark could help. 

i did I was saying he baby L.O from start! even b4 he became a laker as possible trade throw in to bring d12. 

#29 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,752 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 26, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Wow that was wow a long ass time ago. Your a true fan for remembering him. I had to look him up haha.

The dude wore number 23. He was garbage but scored like 30 in a game and was saying he was Jordan 2.0. Haha

#30 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,942 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 27, 2013 - 03:20 PM

i did I was saying he baby L.O from start! even b4 he became a laker as possible trade throw in to bring d12. 

To be fair, when he was drafted, Lamar Odom was the player he was compared to....

So...

#31 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 03:38 PM

To be fair, when he was drafted, Lamar Odom was the player he was compared to....

So...

Dont be mad cuz u didnt see it! I dont care what other people claim I judge talent myself based on their overalll skill & play

B4 he was drafted at Louisville I saw it except he didnt then & still dont now have LO handles. Like I already said Coach D wasted him b4 he was a Laker. HE wouldnt have given him a chance now if it wasnt for injuries. Most of you fools in here all think the same dumb things. When player is stuck on bench u think its cuz he cant play. I cant stand Morris wild out of control play but his defense is far better than Nash & Blake so he is serviceable in spot mins. Ebanks is better than MWP & JAmison all around & if he got the mins ( similiar to mins MWP & or Jamison get) alongside Kobe his numbers would be solid & the team defense would be better.

#32 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,100 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 27, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Earl Clark was a diamond in the ruff.

But you're dreaming if you think Ebanks is a better all around player than Metta and Jamison.

Mike Brown gave him nothing but chances even over Jodie Meeks, what happened?

He had one good game in the pre-season and his best game was what an 8 point effort in extended minutes?

Ebanks is what he is, bvoth Metta and Jamison are better than him. D'antoni gave him his chance and said it was "for the taking" when Jamison was playing bad. Ebanks couldn't take it, Clark did.

That's on Ebanks, he got his chances. Clark did with his second opportunity what Ebanks couldn't do in 20 opportunities stretched out over 2 seasons..

That's just the way it is.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#33 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Earl Clark was a diamond in the ruff.

But you're dreaming if you think Ebanks is a better all around player than Metta and Jamison.

Mike Brown gave him nothing but chances even over Jodie Meeks, what happened?

He had one good game in the pre-season and his best game was what an 8 point effort in extended minutes?

Ebanks is what he is, bvoth Metta and Jamison are better than him. D'antoni gave him his chance and said it was "for the taking" when Jamison was playing bad. Ebanks couldn't take it, Clark did.

That's on Ebanks, he got his chances. Clark did with his second opportunity what Ebanks couldn't do in 20 opportunities stretched out over 2 seasons..

That's just the way it is.

Until he is given same chance Jamison got after having all those DnPs with same type of 25+ mins per gm miss me with all that said above! Its not same not even close.

#34 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Anthony Davis 2.0, I'm okay if we sign him for 10 days contract atleast D12 got a new punching bag in the court instead of seeing Robert Sacre cheering D12 on the court.

33bkfif.jpg

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,100 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Until he is given same chance Jamison got after having all those DnPs with same type of 25+ mins per gm miss me with all that said above! Its not same not even close.

There in lays your greatest mistake.

When Ebanks gets chances he rarely gets to the full 25 minutes because he becomes such a liability that the coach has to yank him.

Clark got 25 minutes because he was playing well, if he was playing terribly he'd been yanked before the 10th.
Clark got extended minutes off of good play and rolled on with its

Minutes aren't determined for people where Clark was and Ebanks is, they are thrown in and if they play well they stay in if they play bad they get yanked.Z
If Ebanks can't make it to 25 minutes without being such a liability he has to be yanked for someone more capable while Clark can then again, thats on Ebanks.

So your flaw is assuming we're not giving ebanks 25 minutes and thus it isnt giving him time to shine.

Wrong, he has to earn the right to stay out there by playing well.

If ebanks played well in the opportunities he's given he'd have more minutes in those opportunities and others.

But if he's thrown out there and plays so bad he has to be yanked before playing 8 minutes, that's again, on him.

Any other attempt to defend him?

#36 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:14 AM

There in lays your greatest mistake.

When Ebanks gets chances he rarely gets to the full 25 minutes because he becomes such a liability that the coach has to yank him.

Clark got 25 minutes because he was playing well, if he was playing terribly he'd been yanked before the 10th.
Clark got extended minutes off of good play and rolled on with its

Minutes aren't determined for people where Clark was and Ebanks is, they are thrown in and if they play well they stay in if they play bad they get yanked.Z
If Ebanks can't make it to 25 minutes without being such a liability he has to be yanked for someone more capable while Clark can then again, thats on Ebanks.

So your flaw is assuming we're not giving ebanks 25 minutes and thus it isnt giving him time to shine.

Wrong, he has to earn the right to stay out there by playing well.

If ebanks played well in the opportunities he's given he'd have more minutes in those opportunities and others.

But if he's thrown out there and plays so bad he has to be yanked before playing 8 minutes, that's again, on him.

Any other attempt to defend him?

u earn the right by your own court production in NBA. That can only be achieved thru meaningful mins! Im not gonna say it again. Jamison did nothing to prove himself after all tehm DnP's. Coach D had to play him to get some trade value out of him & then stuck with him over Meeks for regular rotation cuz he can score. But there is no 1 that is more of a liability on court over Jamison on defensive end. (Nash is close)

playing spot mins with bench unit does nothing for role players! until u understand that you will continue to be stubborn till the end. Same went for benga, Ariza, Brown, & Sasha. Same goes now for Ebanks, Clark, Meeks, & Sacre. You dont play the talent on the bench = you are wasting the roster spot & you are devaluing the players trade value so you are stuck with them in the end with no plans of playing them anyway. Its foolish like your argument.

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,100 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 02:08 PM

You contradicted yourself.

You say you "earn the right by on court production" and then you try to say "you can only produce with meaningful minutes"

Bull.

It doesn't take 25 minutes for someone to produce. You seem to forget how quickly D'antoni would yank Antawn during those bad performances he was having even after his DNPs if he went out for a minute and played bad he'd be yanked.

It wasn't "getting big minutes" that got him his role back, he actually started contributing when he got in so D'antoni left him in.

You can't make the back to back statements.

You DON'T Need big time minutes to contribute. If you can contribute you can contribute in 5 minutes well enough to stay in which Clark did, or you could stink up the place in 5 minutes and be yanked like Ebanks.

You tried to make a point but contradicted yourself in about 2 sentences.

If Ebanks could contribute at ALL in the time he's given, he stays in longer and that's what makes his minutes go up. If Ebanks goes in and within 5 minutes is a liability he gets yanked. It's as simple as that. D'antoni is not gonna say "I'm gonna give Ebanks 20 good minutes tonight and no matter what see how he does.". That'd be stupid.

D'antoni is saying "I'll give Ebanks a chance, if he contributes while he's in there ill leave him in, if he stinks up the place I'm yanking him."

As it should be.

As I said and as you said. Minutes are earned. You earn them by contributimg when you get in, its what allows you to stay in longer and continue to contribute.

Your attempt at trying to say the opposite only contradicted you back around to my point. Thank you :)

#38 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 622 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 02:18 PM

So all rhetoric aside, is this dude getting signed or what? 

Posted Image

• 40,385 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 02:19 PM

^ Highly doubt it, same goes for Raja.

yo.

#40 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 02:28 PM

@Majesty

stubborn till the end you will never get it. everything I said I meant it & its all valid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users