#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2013 - 09:56 AM

What is up with the Clippers going after our ex players??? Lol

http://www.nba.com/2...s=iref:nbahpt3b

L.A. CLIPPERS: The Clips stood pat, but not by their basketball people's choice. L.A. and Washington had a done deal Wednesday night that would have sent forward Trevor Ariza to the Clippers in exchange for Caron Butler, giving L.A. a long, defensive-oriented body to throw at the likes of Kevin Durant in the playoffs. (Butler, who still has an offseason home in the D.C. area, and who was loved by the locals, didn't have a problem returning to a non-Arenas Wizards locker room. He'd have been welcomed back as a much-needed offensive option, according to sources.)

But sources indicated that Clippers owner Donald Sterling nixed the deal Thursday morning, not wanting to gamble on the team's chemistry being affected in any way down the stretch. My interpretation: we don't want to do anything that could, in any way, be held against us by assistant general manager Chris Paul this summer if we don't get far in the postseason.

Either way, the Clips probably are just as well. If Paul couldn't convince Kevin Garnett to come West, there wasn't another game-changing deal out there.

Just wondering, CP3 and Chauncey were openly recruiting KG, i wonder if guys like Bledsoe, DeAndre feel slighted at all about this because they were the trade chips & names being mentioned in a potential KG deal.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 25, 2013 - 10:13 AM

they think whatever worked for us in the past would be even better for them since they got cp3
and young players surrounding him
lol idk really
i liked ariza alot but maybe one reason sterling nixed it is because hes be injury prone for the past 3 years

#3 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 25, 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think it would've been good for them. I think the rest of the team can replace what Caron does on offense. Even though their defense has been solid all season, they don't really have a stand-out defender. Trevor plays the passing lanes very well. He would've been great at causing turnovers, and we know what the Clippers can do on the fast break.

Posted Image

#4 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,951 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2013 - 11:16 AM

I think it would've helped them out. The Clippers like to run you out, I think Ariza would have complimented that well

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,878 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 25, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Ariza still thinks he's a reliable second scoring option. That's why the Wizards would like to get out from under him, just as the Rockets AND Hornets did.

We talk about how good of a player he can be, but his head grew when he found out he was appreciated in Los Angeles. Now, he's not content with being the kind of role player he was for us (defender first, 3rd or 4th scoring option on any given night), and it's turning him into a journeyman.

The Clippers, who are having one of their best seasons to date, aren't going to roll the dice on him...and if they do, they'll wait until the offseason.

#6 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 25, 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think the Clipps made the right move. Butler was the first decent FA that has ever signed with them in recent years ... and they trade the guy after 2 years? Not cool and a bad message to future potential FAs. They are having a great year for them bit they just dont have the history to be able to check FAs like that.

Debbie Downer

#7 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 25, 2013 - 08:09 PM

they think whatever worked for us in the past would be even better for them since they got cp3
and young players surrounding him
lol idk really
i liked ariza alot but maybe one reason sterling nixed it is because hes be injury prone for the past 3 years

So has caron
Posted Image

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Bump LOL

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,300 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 04, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Not surprised, Ariza is an ex-Laker.  It seems to be their mission to nab all of the Laker cast-offs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users