Photo

Will the Lakers make the playoffs?

Prediction of today!

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

Poll: Will the Lakers make the playoffs (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Will the Lakers make the playoffs

1. Yes (55 votes [75.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.34%

2. No (18 votes [24.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2013 - 02:14 AM

Just simply yes or no Lakernation.

I calculate it as we cant lose more than 5 games. Because that would put us over 34 losses. With Houstons schedule I dont even see them losing more than 8.

Im going to go with a NO... I hope I eat my words.
Laker fan for life.

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 25, 2013 - 05:08 AM

I think we can.
But its gonna be tight.
Today were 2.5 games out of 8th seed with 25 games left to play and H-Town has 24 games to play.
We need to make up 1 game every 8 games.
Very doable, but like I said....if we fail to grab the 8 seed it will be by a slim margin. Like we'd finish 1/2 a game short.

The next question is, if we take the 8 seed and have to play SA, will Pau be healthy enough to be effective?
And if the Lakers team as is right now builds some chemistry and figures out a game plan to win, do we want to insert a new element into the game plan (being Pau off the injury) that could F things up?

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 25, 2013 - 05:10 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 25, 2013 - 05:20 AM

Our final game against Houston could be the deciding game.

#4 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,281 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 10:24 AM

Houston gets #7, we get #8 or vice versa. Jazz won't make it. They are right now overachieving and will slowly fall out of picture.

Their next 14 games:

vs Celtics
vs Hawks
vs Bobcats
@ Bucks
@ Cavs
@ Bulls
@ Knicks
vs Pistons
@ Thunder
vs Grizzlies
vs Knicks
@ Rockets
@ Spurs
@ Mavs

Expect at least 9 losses.

#5 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yes, we will.

I have Lakers 9-5 on their next 14. Let's get it. (I'm crazy but we're gonna do it)

Edited by -Wade-, February 25, 2013 - 11:20 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#6 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yes, we will.

I have Lakers 9-5 on their next 14. Let's get it. (I'm crazy but we're gonna do it)

We should do better than that

Posted Image

#7 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 25, 2013 - 12:24 PM

I think they will. I can justify it with their schedule, somewhat improved play, etc. But really the biggest thing for me is my gut feeling, and as arbitrary as it sounds it's the same confidence I had when Kobe was about to take the game winner against the Suns in the 2006 playoffs, or when the Lakers were down 11 in game 7 against the Celtics. so I trust that. I feel as though Kobe is going to will this team to the playoffs as he's done in the past, and that's evidenced by his recent play.

#8 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted February 25, 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'm still saying no. I thought Utah would've dropped to the 8 seed by now, but they beat the Thunder TWICE and the Warriors. I had all those games as losses. Houston is hot, their only real slip up came against the Wizards. Utah is overachieving for sure, but there are only 20-something games left. Too little time to make up that ground, Lakers gonna have to play outta their minds and pray that Houston starts slipping.

They are winning games, (which is the only thing that matters), but those wins have come against Boston on the second night of a road back-to-back and the situation just had Lakers won written all over it, and against two teams who are even worse than us in the West. It's great that we won, but I'm not convinced they can sustain it.

If they win tonight, on the road in Denver, tired legs, no Pau, then I'll have some faith.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,090 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 25, 2013 - 12:58 PM

You should have had faith during the 11-4 stretch.

Denver is one of the hardest places to win on a back to back, actually only 3 times have the Nuggets lost at home against a team on a back to back.

So this will be our toughest game, it has loss written all over it especially with Nash's back issues he's dealing with that's throwing off his shot.

So we'll see how they do tonight, I want a win of course but I won't suddenly lose faith if they didn't.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#10 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 08:20 PM

I say 4 more losses (after the Denver Loss) and we are definitely ou tof the playoff race. I dont see houston reachign 34 losses. Nor do I see jazz losing 9 more. Dug ourselves a hole wayyyyy too big.
Laker fan for life.

#11 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 25, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'm not gonna believe in this team until we get a few games over .500

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 25, 2013 - 08:59 PM

I say 4 more losses (after the Denver Loss) and we are definitely ou tof the playoff race. I dont see houston reachign 34 losses. Nor do I see jazz losing 9 more. Dug ourselves a hole wayyyyy too big.

I dont think it's that bad, but i'm also a hopeless laker-optimist.

Losing against Denver (the best home-team in the NBA) on the second night on a back-to-back is acceptable.

Both Utah and GS are going into very tough stretches now and if we keep winning games and only lose the obvious ones (like the one against Denver and perhaps @OKC and @Atl on the second night of back-to-back) i think we'll make it.

#13 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 11:08 PM

I dont think it's that bad, but i'm also a hopeless laker-optimist.

Losing against Denver (the best home-team in the NBA) on the second night on a back-to-back is acceptable.

Both Utah and GS are going into very tough stretches now and if we keep winning games and only lose the obvious ones (like the one against Denver and perhaps @OKC and @Atl on the second night of back-to-back) i think we'll make it.

See thats 3 losses. Its the "stupid" losses that make me worry. The amount of times we fall to teams we are meant to beat is astounding. So yes we are pulling it tight. Lets see how the respond next game.
Laker fan for life.

#14 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 25, 2013 - 11:40 PM

I did a schedule check a while back. We should be about a game over .500 by now. Although the last month was where we go way over .500 like by 5-7 games. around 45 wins is what we would need at min and by the way things are going we will be there give or take a game. At max though we will get 47 wins. We would have to win a few big team games.

Remember though we will be up and down around .500 until april. We should only lose one game (including the spurs one being that they will probably rest there players) to the clippers.

beating minny on thursday
9-6 in march
7-1 in april

Literally anything less than this we wont make it. Right now though Im not even sure if 45 wins is enough. Utah will probably have to be the team to take.

Houston I think is gonna go 48-34
Utah actually I think will go 43-39 (March is gonna be a tough month for them)

This will come down to 1 or 2 game.

#15 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 25, 2013 - 11:42 PM

It'll mostly depend on Houston. I wish they could have another 7 game losing streak like they did in January. I haven't been impressed with the Lakers even during their winning streak. They haven't had a lot of impressive wins.

Ultimately, I simply think that Rockets better than the Lakers. So, no.

Posted Image

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 26, 2013 - 12:49 AM

Forget the "we need 45 wins"-mentality. We simply need to lose less games than Utah, GS or Houston when the season is done.
We wont go 1.000 the rest of the way, but if we could limit the losses to the games like yesterday (@Den on the 2nd of a b2b) and get an up-set win for every "bad" loss, i think we'll make it.

#17 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 26, 2013 - 01:15 AM

No, but there's no doubt that they'll be over 500, and that they would be 7-8th seed if the Lakers were playing in the East

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#18 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted February 26, 2013 - 01:31 AM

No.

#19 r9too

r9too

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 08:10 AM

lakers schedule till end of march, and my predictions:
vs minnesota - W
vs atlanta - W
@ okc - L
@ new orleans (B2B) - W
vs toronto W
vs chicago W
@ orlando W
@ atlanta (B2B) - L
@ indiana - W
vs sac - W
@ phoenix (B2B) - W
vs washington - W
@ golden state - L
@ minnesota - W
@ milwaukee (B2B) - W
@ sacramento - W

that's a very realistic 13-3 projection (only real stretch was @indiana, but I think lakers match up well to their style), would bring our record up to 41-33, which should comfortably put us at the 8th or 7th seed at that point I think. So yes, I do predict we make it, and I expect to pass both Utah and Golden State to be honest, (houston #6, Lakers#7, Golden State #8).

Edited by r9too, February 26, 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#20 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted February 26, 2013 - 10:02 PM

I have faith.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users