#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 25, 2013 - 02:08 PM

Meeks is a better shooter than Farmar and has shown to be a capable starter in this league. Blake is also a better backup point guard than Farmar as well and both serve their role here. When it comes to Clark and Ariza they are very similar but let's not forget that Ariza sat the bench till Walton told Phil to start him instead, and he got to show what he could give us.

Clark is just starting to get that chance and fills the role tremendously.

Having someone like Jamison on our bench is something we didn't have a veteran that can give us 10-15.

But the difference we had in our bench was Lamar Odom. HE was the machine that made our bench one truly, he could bring it up court, dribble rebound and stretch the floor and pass. This is the role Clark would have with us if Hill wasn't injured.

Hill being hurt is what screws the depth of the team.

Nash
Kobe
Clark
Metta
Dwight

Blake
Meeks
Jamison
Hill
Gasol

That is a nasty starting lineup and bench for anyone to have to deal with and both Blake and Gasol would find people in their spots. All you have to do is look at Jamison's play since Blake returned to see the difference a good backup pg that knows where to find people makes.

This team is deeper than that 2010 team the difference was everyone had learned their role by then and understood where they were needed. THIS team seems to be on their way their now but even then have struggled to play 25 games as a full group.

However hopefully Gasol is watching the success while on the bench and brings it for the team and doesn't complain anymore.

Their roles right now(as well as his on the bench) are all that's needed to contend. Them understanding those roles and playing together is the other half. Something the 2010 team went through as well but without injury so they hit their stride a little sooner.

However if Odom and Farmar went down with injury as well as Gasol and Bynum and Fisher. We'd have had issues then too. Chemistry wise and record wise.

This team is deeper but those elements haven't played 25 games together and we're over 50 games in.

That is a big difference as much as some don't want to admit.

However we are finally hitting a stride let's hope that it gets us to the playoffs!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 25, 2013 - 09:03 PM

however the 2010 has something the 2013 lakers dont have yet.. a championship

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users