• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,285 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 03:42 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...kers-some-games

"You've got to have energy and I want to bring that energy every night," Howard said in a revealing interview Saturday afternoon. "That's my job. They count on me to be that guy. I just know how much more effective I will be when I'm in better shape. And, unfortunately, it's cost us a lot of games."

"I knew that would be a process. The better shape I'm in, the more active I can be and the more I'm able to do on the floor," he said. "But it was a struggle at first because I just didn't have it in the tank, especially on defense."

"I didn't have a chance to really get in good shape," he said. "And then it's hard trying to get in shape during the season, playing a lot of minutes and traveling. It's very tough. But I'm trying to do the best I can with what I have and work on my conditioning every day."

"I don't want to pace myself. I want to be able to go all out, but you've got to be in great shape to do that," he said. "I know what I've been able to do in the past and I know right now I'm not able to do that for a whole game.

"That comes with time. But I'm not going to get discouraged. Once I get tired I'm going to ask for a blow, take a break, then get back out there and go hard again."

"There's no subs so until I get in great shape, some times I have to make sure I don't risk a dumb foul because I'm out of shape or fatigued," he said. "I usually can play 45-48 minutes without getting tired. Now after five possessions I'm winded. But all that stuff will come. Hopefully, if we continue to do what we've been doing, by the time we get to the playoffs, I'll be in pretty good shape."

Is this ... Howard? wow.

"I'm just making sure I don't eat as much candy and sugar so I can get in good shape," he said. "Back when I was able to play 48 minutes, I could eat anything. But now I can't."

"Am I a big candy person? That's an understatement," he joked. "My pantry is full of candy. Skittles just sent me 30 pounds of Skittles. I have a nightstand full of every candy you could think of. Skittles, blow pops, Laffy Taffy, Reese's Pieces, Kit Kats, all types of candy was in the drawer. They had to clear it out."

reminds me of Odom :laughing:

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 23, 2013 - 03:52 PM

Nice to hear this of Dwight. Very nice. First the embracing pick and roll now this. Dwight coming round awesomely.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3 Rad

Rad

• 1,644 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 03:57 PM

I wish Skittles sent me 30 pounds of Skittles.

#4 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,354 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 23, 2013 - 03:59 PM

He knows dang well that his conditioning and out of shape was not the main reason we sucked. He's saying this as a Leadership Perspective which is very impressive to see

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,489 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 23, 2013 - 04:17 PM

"That comes with time. But I'm not going to get discouraged. Once I get tired I'm going to ask for a blow, take a break, then get back out there and go hard again."

I wish that all our players did this. Instead of pacing yourself play in 5-8 minute increments really tenaciously. It would work better if we had Hill and Pau because Kobe could play 8 minutes a quarter and Nash could fill in the gaps, along with starting and closing the game

#6 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 23, 2013 - 05:09 PM

I wasn't sure if Jerry Buss' death and memorial would change the chemistry or thinking of this team, but maybe it has? Two games after the all star break Dwight has looked great. The question is, can he keep it up for the rest of the season and playoffs?

#7 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted February 23, 2013 - 05:18 PM

More of this pls

#8 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 23, 2013 - 06:37 PM

Candy Man 2.0

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#9 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,041 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted February 24, 2013 - 08:49 AM

I wasn't sure if Jerry Buss' death and memorial would change the chemistry or thinking of this team, but maybe it has? Two games after the all star break Dwight has looked great. The question is, can he keep it up for the rest of the season and playoffs?

Damned well better, lol.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users