"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#1882 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,849 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Not anymore he's not...

Yes he is haha. You guys just forget how good Matt Kemp is. I know next year he's going to remind us why he's our best player and made our franchise leader. Puig is still unpolished, immature and makes too many bone head mistakes. That doesn't diminish the fact that I think Puig is the most talented outfielder in the game. He's just not as good as Kemp yet.

#1883 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 08, 2013 - 02:18 PM

As of right now, Kemp isn't our best outfielder.  When healthy he is without a doubt.  But the fact is that he isn't healthy and hasn't been the last two years. 

Puig is still unpolished, but is batting .347.   At the current moment, he is our best outfielder.  Nothing wrong with that. 

#1884 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Ah man, we got swept.

No biggie. Arizona lost, still 11 games up with the DBacks coming into town.

• 40,383 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Is Brian Wilson slightly injured or something? Watching yesterday's game when he blew it (he was due for it as West Coast & I had talked about) he just didn't look right at all & seeing how Mattingly & a few others even came out for a bit it seemed like they were trying to ask him if he had hurt his shoulder or something cause even they thought something was off.

Have there been any reports out there about it or is he just ignoring it/playing through it or did he just flat out suck no injuries whatsoever & not have it that day?

It's one thing to be off, but he hadn't looked THAT off or not sharp in any of his previous appearances in my opinion even when he put a few runners on base. None of those pitches seemed even close nor did they have any zap to em'.

yo.

#1886 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,436 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:26 PM

swept, but oh well. We're playing for October.

• 40,383 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:29 PM

They were a more desperate & hungry team than us considering the position they're in and it showed. We still battled, but they ultimately wanted it just a little more and got just enough things as well as some luck (part of sports) to go their way.

yo.

#1888 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Pissed off at the Reds series, not because of our bad offense, but because we never decided to move the runner to 2B with no outs - We would have scored Uribe if Ethier bunted him to 2nd base. We also had several opportunities to do this yesterday - Feel like we could have gotten a couple of wins if we executed something like that.

• 40,383 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Good point. Sometimes you've gotta' do those "little things" in games like this that actually end up being "big things" and sometimes make the difference, especially when you know the offense isn't particularly hot, you would think it'd be more obvious to try these ways.

yo.

#1890 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:55 PM

They were a more desperate & hungry team than us considering the position they're in and it showed. We still battled, but they ultimately wanted it just a little more and got just enough things as well as some luck (part of sports) to go their way.

Spot on.

#1891 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted September 09, 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yes he is haha. You guys just forget how good Matt Kemp is. I know next year he's going to remind us why he's our best player and made our franchise leader. Puig is still unpolished, immature and makes too many bone head mistakes. That doesn't diminish the fact that I think Puig is the most talented outfielder in the game. He's just not as good as Kemp yet.

I haven't forgotten anything.  I know how good Matt Kemp was & can be...but he's not that player right now, and who knows if he ever will be again.  

Puig is the best OFer on the team by a long shot...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#1892 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,849 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 09:08 AM

That's like us turning our back on Kobe just because he's still hurt for the rest of the year and Nick Young goes on to have a great season. I just don't think it's fair to judge Kemp until he's really fully healthy this upcoming season. If he never returns to form this upcoming season or if he never gets healthy, then I will be ready to side with Puig. Shoulder procedures take a while to heal and he's been running into some bad karma.

Alexander Guerrero is finally ready to sign. I want the dodgers to sign him so bad, I don't want the dodgers to have anything to do with Cano. I will throw a tirade if he ends up being a dodger on an 8 year deal. His contract will cripple us for the next decade.

Edited by Icker, September 09, 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#1893 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Nothing is going to cripple the Dodgers with this ownership. They are smart business men, if they can pay it, they will.

But yes to Guerrero, no to Cano

#1894 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:17 AM

Dodgers miss Kemp, havent played Great in nearly 3 weeks.

#1895 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:19 AM

i know why everybody is so quick to dismiss Kemp and its a damn shame

#1896 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,849 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:23 AM

Yes, we have brilliant baseball minds running our organization, but Ned Colleti is still our GM. Colletti has to be the worst negotiator in all of baseball, always giving ridiculous contracts. I don't want another 30+ year old big contract on the team. Stuff like that is what ruined the Red Sox and Yankees. I'll be all in on Cano if it was a 3 year, 80 million dollar deal. Anything else is not an option. Let some other fool give him his big deal.

#1897 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:29 AM

Dodgers miss Kemp, havent played Great in nearly 3 weeks.

Has nothing to do with Kemp.

#1898 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Has nothing to do with Kemp.

They need offense, so i beg to differ.

But since you know, please enlightem us..

#1899 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 11:01 AM

They need offense, so i beg to differ.

But since you know, please enlightem us..

Dodgers are 31-31 with Matt Kemp in the lineup this season. 

They made this run to the division title WITHOUT Matt Kemp. 

Matt Kemp in games he played this season, .263 batting average, 5 homeruns, 27 RBIs and a .319 OBP.

IF Matt Kemp is healthy and playing like he should, then yes, the Dodgers could use him but fact is that has not been the player that we expect him to be for the last two seasons.  It's very unrealistic to expect Matt Kemp will come back and just become the NL MVP candidate he was two years ago.  

I want nothing more than for Kemp to come back and tear it up, but as of right now, the team has been better without him. If he were to come back, you would just hope he can provide a boost to the team but with the way his season has gone, he's not going to comeback and take over centerfield. He'll get spot starts and that's how it should be.  

#1900 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,849 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 11:57 AM

http://losangeles.do...news_la&c_id=la

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users