• Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 03, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Nolasco
Looking like an ace

• 40,416 posts

Posted September 03, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Does Michael Young always look that pissed when he bats? :laughing:

What a blunder to say the least by that outfielder. We'll take it though.

Nolasco has been the man. Despite Capuano's last surprisingly decent start, he should take lessons from him.

Dat Punto.

Crawford's been solid. Average almost up to 300.

Good to give Han-Ram the day off cause he's been slumping pretty badly.

yo.

#1843 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 03, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Michael young batting cleanup?

#1844 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2013 - 09:06 AM

We're 24-3 in our last 27 road games. Unreal

A-Gon has been having some bad at bats recently (other than the 2 Home Run game vs San Diego last week). Need him to do a better job of run producing with playoffs around the corner

So heres what I think the 25 man playoff roster should be

Starters: Crawford, Puig, A-Gon, Ramirez, Ethier, M.Ellis, Uribe, AJ Ellis

Bench: Punto, Schumaker, Kemp, Hairston, Fedex

Starters:  Kershaw, Greinke, Nolasco, Ryu

Relievers: Withrow, Capuano, Paco, Howell, Marmol, Wilson, Belisario, Jansen

Use Capuano as the long reliever to eat up innings in case our starters dont go deep into games.

Kemp is the odd man out, he cant hit Single A pitching, he's been off all year, there is just no reason to platoon at all, hes hurt, hes not 100% unless 1 of our starting outfielders is slumping no reason to start Kemp.

Edited by MDI, September 04, 2013 - 09:13 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1845 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Earliest we can clinch the division is Tuesday.  Probably won't happen then but the fun part is that a more likely clinching date will be late next week versus the Giants at Dodgers Stadium. 

This upcoming Reds series will be tough, but we are going to have our Ryu, Greinke, and Kershaw go against them.  

I don't have a good feeling about today's game.  Our genius manager decides to give Volquez his first start at Coors Field of all places.  Don't get me wrong, Volquez could very well pitch a gem but that's not where you want a guy with a high ERA to make his first start on a new team at. 

#1846 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:03 AM

They wanted Ryu to start against the Reds and he gets the extra rest, so i dont really mind the movei. What should be really looked at is how they rather go to Volquez instead of Fife, that guy must be pretty jacked up now lol.

#1847 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:19 AM

They wanted Ryu to start against the Reds and he gets the extra rest, so i dont really mind the movei. What should be really looked at is how they rather go to Volquez instead of Fife, that guy must be pretty jacked up now lol.

This is what has been going on with Fife:

This is where things started going off the rails, unfortunately. Back in Triple-A, the Dodgers attempted to convert Fife into a reliever, increasing his flexibility while keeping him available as a sixth starter if needed. He allowed ten baserunners with just a single strikeout in 4.1 innings over his first two appearances, which Isotopes manager Lorenzo Bundy (via Chris Jackson) summarized like this:

“It was a little different scenario pitching out of the pen for the first time,” manager Lorenzo Bundy said. “He wasn’t quite as sharp as he’s been in the past. We’ll just chalk it up to basically a new adventure.

“He was really upset with his performance. He knows it wasn’t what he wanted out of it as far as how he pitched. He made a couple mistakes up in the zone.”

Five days later, Fife was back as a starter against Oklahoma City, and it couldn’t have gone worse. He threw 34 pitches, but just 8 for strikes, as he left after having walked five and notching a single out. He at least made it through five the next time out, but then last night only 43 of his 80 pitches went for strikes as he allowed 12 baserunners in 4.1 innings.

http://www.mikescios...y/stephen-fife/

#1848 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 11:51 AM

I always thought he'll fizzled out, reminded me too much of John Ely. Hopefully we can fool somebody in giving us something for him haha. I mean we basically traded Ely for Michael Young, so it's very possible to get value for him.

I'm really scared of Coletti giving Nolasco a huge contract this offseason.

Edited by Icker, September 04, 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#1849 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,761 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted September 04, 2013 - 04:42 PM

We're 24-3 in our last 27 road games. Unreal

A-Gon has been having some bad at bats recently (other than the 2 Home Run game vs San Diego last week). Need him to do a better job of run producing with playoffs around the corner

So heres what I think the 25 man playoff roster should be

Starters: Crawford, Puig, A-Gon, Ramirez, Ethier, M.Ellis, Uribe, AJ Ellis

Bench: Punto, Schumaker, Kemp, Hairston, Fedex

Starters:  Kershaw, Greinke, Nolasco, Ryu

Relievers: Withrow, Capuano, Paco, Howell, Marmol, Wilson, Belisario, Jansen

Use Capuano as the long reliever to eat up innings in case our starters dont go deep into games.

Kemp is the odd man out, he cant hit Single A pitching, he's been off all year, there is just no reason to platoon at all, hes hurt, hes not 100% unless 1 of our starting outfielders is slumping no reason to start Kemp.

There's no way they leave Young off the playoff roster...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#1850 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:09 PM

There's no way they leave Young off the playoff roster...

I was thinking that, but there's no way the dodgers can leave home Jerry Hairston. He's one of the glue chemistry guys for the past 2 seasons. It wouldn't sit well with that locker room.

#1851 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,761 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:17 PM

That's fine, I didn't say to get rid of Hairston.  Withrow would be the odd man out on that list, or even Kemp depending on his rehab...

2zi2dsm.jpg

• 40,416 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'll be very surprised if the Dodgers ultimately end up winning this game despite our dominant record against De La Rosa. We're sitting more than half of our starters and have Volquez out there, who is abysmal to begin with, but especially even more (like most pitchers) in Coors Field.

Matt Kemp went 5-9 recently with 4 walks as well. That's the latest. So it looks like maybe he might be turning things around finally.

This upcoming Reds series will be tough, but we are going to have our Ryu, Greinke, and Kershaw go against them. 

Sadly you are mistaken. Ryu will not pitch at all. They will throw Capuano out there. Ryu's having some issues with his back so they're just being cautious. They don't wanna' call it an injury though.

yo.

#1853 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:12 PM

Sadly you are mistaken. Ryu will not pitch at all. They will throw Capuano out there. Ryu's having some issues with his back so they're just being cautious. They don't wanna' call it an injury though.

Yup, they scratched him after I posted that.

Hopefully we can win the other two games against the Reds. Capuano vs that offense on the road is going to be a nightmare.

#1854 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Dodgers have thrown Volquez, League, and Marmol at Coors Field tonight and are down 7-2. 

I'm completely and utterly shocked. 

tumblr_mjw1xxXQ6T1s14h9co1_500.gif

#1855 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,761 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'll be very surprised if the Dodgers ultimately end up winning this game despite our dominant record against De La Rosa. We're sitting more than half of our starters and have Volquez out there, who is abysmal to begin with, but especially even more (like most pitchers) in Coors Field.

Matt Kemp went 5-9 recently with 4 walks as well. That's the latest. So it looks like maybe he might be turning things around finally.

Matt Kemp's 5 for 9 came in a simulated game in Arizona.  Wouldn't get too excited about it...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#1856 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 04, 2013 - 10:43 PM

Matt Kemp's 5 for 9 came in a simulated game in Arizona.  Wouldn't get too excited about it...

Simulated games are a good way to get his timing back.  It's nothing to get excited about but it's also not something you should just ignore. 

Kemp needs to find his rhythm and needs to find it anyway he can.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him activated for the Arizona series that starts next Monday in LA. 

#1857 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hmmm Capuano today

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1858 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hmmm Capuano today

CapuanoFlop.gif.opt.gif

• 40,416 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Any updates on Billingsley & Beckett? What are they up to these days other than stealing millions?

yo.

#1860 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,972 posts

Posted September 06, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Lol how is having tommy John stealing millions? At this age every pitchers arm is bound to go out in this age of baseball. Beckett has been moved to the 60 day DL for more flexibility on the 40 man roster. I did read an article that stated he's making good progress from his surgery though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users