3112 replies to this topic

#1121 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2013 - 04:25 PM

Reds are a quality team...

this 3-1 series win means ALOT for the dodgers... they are serious contenders in the playoffs.

Reds have a lot of pop in that lineup. They can cause some damage at any point.

3 out of 4 against any team is impressive, but against a quality team like Cinci is definitely a great thing for this ball club.

#1122 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,129 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 28, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Totally missed this. So bummed. Went into the other room for like 5 minutes and thought the reds were still up at bat. 

#1123 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 04:37 PM

Puig 1st career walkoff hope theres more to come. Won 3 out of 4 vs Cincy. Yanks next. Impressed with Capuano today but dang is he wild...up and down, up and down

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:19 PM

original.gif

Edited by    , July 28, 2013 - 05:41 PM.

yo.

#1125 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:28 PM

The Snakes have to play some series' against Boston, TB, Pittsburgh and the Reds next month. We also have some challenging matchups against TB, St. Louis and maybe the Yankees...Need to gain more ground next month. Hopefully, lock the division up.

#1126 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Crazy how we gained essentially 20 GAMES on the Giants in what? 5 weeks?

#1127 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I really have to tip the cap to Capuano and League today. If Capuano can pitch like this, our SP essentially has no holes.

#1128 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:39 AM

The whole offense needs to pick up thing doesn't make sense to me. Today was a terrible day but this was a series against a good Cinci team with a very good pitching staff.

It needs to pick up at home is what I meant. I realize the Reds are a quality opponent, but the offense just looks lackadaisical out there due to factors that are NOT the quality of our opponents. When we're on the road it seems like we are a free swinging ball club eager to get up to the plate and bat while at home we seem like we're more of a defensive team who lets their guard down a bit and wants to rely on our pitching and crowd to help us win. I don't like that approach. That's all I'm saying. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, July 29, 2013 - 12:41 AM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#1129 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:17 PM

Really interested to see what the Dodgers are going to do at the deadline.  Although they seem content with their starting rotation, I will not be surprised to see them acquire another starter to really make that rotation complete.  

Someone like Jake Peavy would be awesome for this team.  He's a west coast guy and knows the NL West all too well. 

As far as position players go, I don't think they will go after a third baseman anymore, but if they do, you could see them get a player like Michael Young.   There's not much talent available at third and although I like Kyle Seager, the Mariners don't seem intent on selling despite them being out of the race. 

With that Cuban shortstop/second baseman, there are conflicting reports to whether he was signed or not, but if he does end up signing, he'll be up with our club by September. 

I expect all our outfielders to stay put for at least this season.  Kemp can't stay healthy and Crawford's health is still a question mark sometimes, so it doesn't make sense to trade Ethier, who has been our healthiest outfielder. 

And as far as our relief pitching goes, you'll see an arm added but question is if it will be via trade.  If the Dodgers go after a starter, you'll see Fife go to the bullpen as a long reliever, but even at that point, I think they could add a back of the bullpen guy.  Jansen seems to have taken the closer role permanently, so a veteran set up guy will be key.  

Peavy isn't a west coast guy, he's from Alabama...

I'd love to see the Dodgers acquire Peavy but I think the Braves are going to end up trading for him now that they lost Tim Hudson.  He'd probably be more comfortable playing there rather than LA also...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#1130 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:18 PM

It needs to pick up at home is what I meant. I realize the Reds are a quality opponent, but the offense just looks lackadaisical out there due to factors that are NOT the quality of our opponents. When we're on the road it seems like we are a free swinging ball club eager to get up to the plate and bat while at home we seem like we're more of a defensive team who lets their guard down a bit and wants to rely on our pitching and crowd to help us win. I don't like that approach. That's all I'm saying. 

It's tough to score runs at Dodger Stadium, especially at night...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#1131 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:56 PM

^ It's both at home and at night apparently. Home runs at Dodger Stadium I can understand but why they can't put up some more hits and a couple more runs I don't understand. Let me be clear I'm not saying they need to explode offensively every game like they did in the Toronto series. Just be a little more consistent with the offense at home

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#1132 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Peavy isn't a west coast guy, he's from Alabama...

I'd love to see the Dodgers acquire Peavy but I think the Braves are going to end up trading for him now that they lost Tim Hudson.  He'd probably be more comfortable playing there rather than LA also...

I know that he's from Alabama, but he owns a house here in So Cal (San Diego) which he has had since his days with the Madres.  He spends the off-season in California. 

#1133 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,775 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hahah madres

2div

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 04:59 PM

San Diego Mothers.

Edited by    , July 29, 2013 - 10:01 PM.

yo.

#1135 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Some rumor tidbits before the deadline tomorrow:

• Dodgers-Angels: The Dodgers and Angels haven't made a trade in 20 years (since a Reggie Williams-for-Mike James swap in 1993). And that's the only deal those two teams have made since 1976. But sources indicate they had a mostly casual conversation about Angels second baseman Howie Kendrick this week. Kendrick -- who is signed through 2015 (for a total of $18.85 million) -- could interest the Dodgers as a second base option for down the road. But there were no indications that any deal was in the works, as of Tuesday morning.

TUESDAY, 10:17am: The Dodgers are now the front runner to sign Wilson, tweets Nightengale.

Don't see the Dodgers acquiring Kendrick, although that would be an nice pickup moving forward. 

Brian Wilson looks like he could be added to the bullpen for the stretch run.  If he's remotely close to what he was before surgery, it would be a nice pickup.  If the Dodgers are interested in him that means their scouts were impressed and I trust the Dodgers scouts over any other source when it comes to players. 

#1136 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 10:26 AM

@TBrownYahoo 1m
Brian Wilson has chosen to sign with Dodgers, according to source. Had three offers. Will start in minors.

Let's see how he does, could be a big help, and I expect him to be a better option than Marmol at the very least so we'll never him again  :laughing:

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 01:33 PM

YES!!! I CALLED IT BABY A WHILE BACK HERE! GIVE ME CREDIT!!! WOOOO! WE GOT THE FREAK FOLKS! :rock:

Hope he does well and like you said WC, he can't be worse than Marmol we would hope even if he can't ever get back to his most dominant self.

brianwilsondiscgolf.jpg

Let's hope for a blue beard!

brianblue073013.jpg

Also, if he were to ever reach closer status again, we could be hearing this classic:

yo.

#1138 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,505 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 30, 2013 - 02:28 PM

First look in a dodger uniform grat Brian Wilson!

BQc-_TvCQAAQWJ7.jpg

#1139 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 30, 2013 - 04:55 PM

Wilson just rose, and disappeared...

like eric gange..

• 40,431 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Get Cliff Lee.

Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Lee.

Russell-Westbrook.jpg

Edited by    , July 30, 2013 - 07:20 PM.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users