• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3112 replies to this topic

#81 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 01, 2013 - 03:22 PM

The runners in scoring position thing isn't as concerning to me because it was Cain on the mound. They do need to do a better job with that but I don't expect that to be an issue in many games. I was more concerned with some of the approaches at the plate, after a quality first inning making him throw close to 30 pitches, we let Cain off the hook and he found his rhythm.

I hope Cruz wasn't a flash in the pan last season. He looked horrible at the plate and I don't expect Sellers to provide anything offensively. Luckily they are both solid defensively

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:25 PM

denise-milani-5.jpg

Gotta' love those Dodgers.

yo.

#83 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 02:08 PM

So Mattingly is sitting Crawford today with a lefty on the mound and playing Hairston instead. Ok...but Crawford hit .282 vs Lefties last year and Ethier is 1 for 13 vs Madison Bumgarner whos pitching tonight

Edited by MDI, April 02, 2013 - 02:17 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#84 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:29 PM

Crawford sitting was pre-planned, Mattingly said he would have sat even if it was a righty. They are trying to slowly bring back Crawford I guess. Kinda stupid if you ask me, he's either ready to play or he's not.

Dodgers approach once again horrible tonight. Bumgarner is throwing first pitch strikes to every batter and Dodgers are content taking them. Be aggressive, they should be jumping all over Bumgarner but they aren't.

#85 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,582 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Go away Sellers.

1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#86 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Im not even bothered by the Sellers error, as a whole our Defense + Pitching gave up only 3 runs thats not bad at all, we got 1 hit are you freaking kidding me. It looked like a game from last year. Un effin believeable. Unacceptable!

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 10:05 PM

^ To be fair, we were missing Hanley and Puig as well. Insert those two guys and we get more than one hit.

yo.

#88 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 10:12 PM

160 games left guys. Wouldn't lose it this early in the season.

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 11:06 PM

yo.

#90 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Can't confirm this but I think we are on pace to break the LOB record.

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Fantastic start to the season by Matthew Kemp. Is he with Rihanna again by any chance?

yo.

#92 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Fck Matt Kemp, came up with runners on in 3 of 4 at bats and did diddly. 0 for his last 26 vs Giants. Gonzalez is pissing me off now. Nobody on the team is hitting with runners in scoringn position. Losing a series at home to the dam giants with our loaded offense is pathetic. Im pissed odf

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#93 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:17 PM

#^# Matt Kemp, came up with runners on in 3 of 4 at bats and did diddly. 0 for his last 26 vs Giants. Gonzalez is pissing me off now. Nobody on the team is hitting with runners in scoringn position. Losing a series at home to the dam giants with our loaded offense is pathetic. Im pissed odf

Easy

#94 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:19 PM

0 for his last 26 vs San Fran man...that is just wrong dont you think?

And his quotes after the game...yea dont worry after losing to the EFFING GIANTS AT HOME

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

"It's three games. I'm not panicking. This isn't the last time I'll have a bad series. This is baseball."
Felt good about his first few at-bats. Admitted he might have been a little too "amped up" for the 2nd bases-loaded at-bat (grounded into double play).
"I've just gotta be patient, do what I do, have good at-bats."
Won't lose sleep over it.
"This series is over. We're not worried about it anymore. We've got to get ready for Pittsburgh on Friday."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#95 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:20 PM

Kemp's going to take a couple weeks to get into a groove. He missed a lot of time swinging a bat with his surgery.

Hitting a baseball is hard enough, doing it after months off? It's tough. Every player is different. It's the first series of the season, I'm not going to flip out over it. Lots of season.

#96 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:20 PM

0 for his last 26 vs San Fran man...that is just wrong dont you think?

And his quotes after the game...yea dont worry after losing to the EFFING GIANTS AT HOME

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

He's right. The 0-26 is brutal but it's baseball. It's a game where that could happen, even to the best hitters

#97 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,769 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Can't confirm this but I think we are on pace to break the LOB record.

New season, same ol' Dodgers...

Edited by AnnoyingCustomer, April 03, 2013 - 10:55 PM.

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#98 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 11:12 PM

So far this year Kemp is 0 for 6 with Runners on base. Yikes

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#99 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:53 AM

http://thinkbluela.s...in_opening.html

Offensively, the Dodgers have been difficult to watch. Remove from the picture Carl Crawford, the lone bright spot in the lineup so far this season, and the Dodger hitters are a combined 11 for 82 for a paltry .134 batting average. More alarming is the fact that the team is 2 for 27 with runners in scoring position (.074 average). Outside of Kershaw's solo home run, the Dodgers have yet to score a run on a clean hit and have only posted 3 total RBIs. Yikes.

What's worse is these embarrassing statistics don't even illustrate how poor the Dodgers' situational hitting has been. In Wednesday's game, Matt Kemp stepped into the box against Giants' reliever George Kontos with the bases loaded and no outs. After quickly getting ahead in the count 2-0, Kemp rolled over on a meaty, belt-high fastball one hopping a routine doubly play ball right into the glove of Giant's third baseman Pablo Sandoval. The reluctant manner in which fans applauded the run that scored on the play seemed to embody the frustration that has developed regarding the consistency with which Dodger hitters continue to have poor at bats when the opportunities are most ripe.

Kemp downplayed the series loss after Wednesday's game in which the Dodgers were 1 for 14 with runners in scoring position.

"It's only three games of the season, we're not panicking," Kemp said. "They got big hits and we didn't get the job done. Bases loaded and I hit into a double play. I've got to find a better pitch to swing at. It won't be the last time I have a bad series. I'm turning the page, not worried about that at-bat anymore. If I stay within myself, I'll be the 2011 version of Matt Kemp that everybody knows."

The good news is that it's early in the season. Indeed, that's an understatement. The team has played a measly 3 games with 159 to go. Fans can point to the absence of Hanley Ramirez, and take comfort in the common knowledge that a hitter's average following an opening series does not indicate what's to be expected over the span of an entire season. But for a team with a payroll over $200 million loaded with offensive firepower, the opening series results are maddening for a fan base with high expectations.

Sure, one can always counter that the Dodger hitters were up against the likes of 2012 NL Cy Young candidate Matt Cain, rising star Madison Bumgarner, and two-time Cy Young award winner Tim Lincecum, but aren't they the types of pitchers the Dodgers will have to beat if they expect to contend for a 2013 World Series Championship?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 03:36 PM

Greinke's debut tonight! Let's see how healthy he looks.

emily-kuchar-7msportdotcom2_display_imag

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)