#661 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 30, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Next 13 games vs NL west teams...

Dodgers can make up serious ground, or burry themselves...

Also, will there be another brawl vs the D-bags?

#662 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 30, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Next 13 games vs NL west teams...

Dodgers can make up serious ground, or burry themselves...

Also, will there be another brawl vs the D-bags?

I hope so but with no suspensions on our side. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#663 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Went to the game today wow Puig put on quite a show

Love this Dominguez kid. Fearless

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#664 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 06:59 AM

finnaly... an off day for the Dogs...

#665 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 01:31 PM

Belisario and Guerrier gotta start packing their bags

http://espn.go.com/c...ers-sources-say

The Chicago Cubs are closing in on a trade that would send Carlos Marmol to the Los Angeles Dodgers, according to two sources.

Marmol was designated for assignment on June 25, giving the Cubs a 10-day period to trade him or give him his unconditional release. He has a limited no-trade clause with six teams he could block, including the Dodgers.

It's unknown which player or players the Dodgers would send to Chicago.

Marmol is owed more than $5 million on his $9.8 million for this season, and another source said the Dodgers will absorb some of the money owed. He's ending a three-year, $21 million contract with the Cubs, who are the only team he's played for in the majors.

Marmol can become a free agent after this season.

The 30-year-old Marmol went 2-4 with a 5.86 ERA in 31 relief appearances this season. He has struggled for parts of the past three seasons. He struck out 32 and walked 21 in 27 2/3 innings this season. He had 10 blown saves with a 4.01 ERA in 2011 and has lost his closer role several times.

Marmol has 117 saves over eight seasons with the Cubs. His best season as a closer came in 2010 when he had 38 saves, a 2.55 ERA and 138 strikeouts in 77 2/3 innings.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#666 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Seems like it could be for Guerrier, with Cubs eating a majority, if not all Marmol's salary.

In that case, I'll be okay with this move and Marmol better not be our closer.

#667 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 04:58 PM

He'll be the 7th and 8th inning guy. He wont be closing. Dominguez  looks like K-Rod with the heater and the curveball as the outpitch so hopefully he can mold into the 8th inning guy, Marmol wont be closing anytime soon so less pressure on him. Im done with Belisario and Guerrier

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#668 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 06:27 PM

http://www.cbssports...n-dodgers-radar

Word going around the game is that the Dodgers could have interest in Chase Utley, the longtime Phillies star who in his younger days starred at UCLA and before that at Long Beach (Calif.) Polytechnic High.

It isn't known if the Dodgers have gone so far as to contact the Phillies regarding Utley, and if they do, Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro doesn't seem anxious to trade Utley despite the fact Utley's contract expires after the year. Amaro told Danny Knobler earlier this week, "I view Chase Utley as a Phillie for life."

If the Phillies do decide to sell, they are said to be more willing to part with Michael Young, who's interested the Dodgers before. Phillies people have a deeper attachment to Utley, who was part of their championship teams.

There could be room on the infield for Utley, who would fit the Dodger preference for big and established names. Dodgers second baseman Mark Ellis has had some injury problems and isn't having his best season while third baseman Juan Uribe generally has been a free-agent disappointment.

Recently off the disabled list, Utley had to have impressed Dodgers people in Los Angeles this week, where he had eight hits, including three home runs, in a four-game series at Dodger Stadium. Overall, Utley is hitting .284 with 11 home runs and 30 RBI.

Asked about Utley, Dodgers GM Ned Colletti said, "I have nothing to [say about] any playes not in the Dodgers organization."

Amaro didn't seem surprised the Dodgers might have interest. Amaro has suggested he doesn't want to trade any of his players, but people connected to the organization suggest there's more chance of a trade inolving players on expiring contracts, like Utley (who makes $15 million this year) and Young, than say Cliff Lee and Jonathan Papelbon, who are under contract at least through 2015.

The A's, Royals and Orioles (depending on Brian Roberts' success in staying healthy) could also be fits for Utley, who has the right to block trades to 21 teams, according to Cot's Baseball Contracts.

"We have good players," Amaro said. "I'm sure there will be teams interested in their services.

"

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#669 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 06:52 PM

I was just going to post that.

Man, if we could get Utley, our offense would be insane.  Plus he'd be a lot cheaper than Robinson Cano.  The top of the lineup could essentially look like:

Crawford

Utley

Puig

Ramirez

Gonzalez

Kemp

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

#670 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Dodgers would move Either? to get Utley?

2nd base isn't the biggest problem on the team though

#671 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Dodgers would move Either? to get Utley?

2nd base isn't the biggest problem on the team though

Any package would revolve around our top pitching prospect in Zach Lee.  While second base isn't a glaring need, adding a player like Utley really improves the team and it makes keeping Uribe at 3rd doable.

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 07:10 PM

Are there no good or great starting pitchers out there that could be available? I'd rather we prioritize that instead.

yo.

#673 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 01, 2013 - 07:37 PM

Would be a hell of a pick up. The offense would pretty much be unstoppable but I think they need to fix the pitching more. Though hopefully the debut of Jose Dominguez wasn't a fluke. The dodgers closing is really whats killing them. 

#674 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Would be a hell of a pick up. The offense would pretty much be unstoppable but I think they need to fix the pitching more. Though hopefully the debut of Jose Dominguez wasn't a fluke. The dodgers closing is really whats killing them. 

Are there no good or great starting pitchers out there that could be available? I'd rather we prioritize that instead.

Every position of need will be addressed.  I'm pretty confident in saying that. 

Dodgers will get another starting pitcher, a reliever, and another bat by the deadline. 

#675 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:32 PM

Also guess who's 3.5 games back of first? 

:woot:

#676 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:32 PM

our starting pitching is doing just fine

Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu are as good as any trio in the game

Fife doesnt pile up a ton of innings but he has allowed 2 runs or less in 9 of his 11 starts so far as a Dodger so hes a super reliable Number 4

Capuano/Magill I think we're ok there at 5. Theyre not great but meh who cares

Id rather address our bullpen, Marmol is a start we need one more guy and I hope Mattingly starts trusting Lefty Paco Rodriguez he can get lefties and righties out

Next 13 games are all within the division, Dodgers have a chance to go into All star break in 1st place. Unreal.  Hope we get Crawford when we start in San Francisco

I wouldn't give up our minor league guys like Lee, Seager and Penderson we're gonna need them next year when guys Ellis and Ethier are probably gone

Edited by MDI, July 01, 2013 - 08:36 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,604 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Despite the Giants winning the world series recently & all, record-wise, there's no argument that our division from the strongest teams is the weakest in all of baseball. We're pretty fortunate in that regard or else we'd be in a potentially rather big hole.

yo.

#678 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:27 PM

The only minor leaguer that is untouchable is Seager. Future third baseman.

Lee could be had for the right player and Pederson is expendable because of Puig. I still hope Pederson gets a shot though.

#679 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 01, 2013 - 10:49 PM

How you guys think Mattingly is doing lately. Seems like the decision making is better. 

#680 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Also guess who's 3.5 games back of first? 

:woot:

Serious wtf!
It's hard to believe...

13 games vs the nl west... Dodgers ciuldbe division leaders by the all-star break

I have to say though, I am nervous... next 10 games on the road.. where the dogs have not been as hot

Edited by TKainZero, July 02, 2013 - 08:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users